Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K

12 Aug 2013   #41
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica18 View Post
No love for the asrock.

Hey paul, what were the differences in overclocking ability did you see going from the asrock to asus board?
I've got my 3770k at 4.8ghz now. I can get into windows at 5ghz but crashes within minutes in prime95. Is the sabertooth the answer?

It's not that I don't have love for Asrock I have had more success with Asus and currently running a AM3+ Sabertooth board and it looks exactly the same

Only thing I noticed was the clip for the heatsink is gone but that doesn't matter im going to mount my watercooling to it

I need to get in touch with Antec so I can re order the full parts for Intel I found the clip but it just seems not the right pieces

So I am going to hit Antec up see if I can get replacement parts shipped

I also circled the area of the missing heatsink clip I doubt it is a problem

I paid 406.11 total cost all good




Attached Thumbnails
Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K-yup2.png   Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K-yup3.png   Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K-yup5.png  
Attached Images
Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K-yup1.png Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K-yup4.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Aug 2013   #42
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

You got a really good deal, congrats
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Aug 2013   #43
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
You got a really good deal, congrats
Heck yes !

I got a Ticket as well from Antec i'm hoping they hook me up with parts for my cooler

Be super awesome if they do for free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Aug 2013   #44
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica18 View Post
No love for the asrock.

Hey paul, what were the differences in overclocking ability did you see going from the asrock to asus board?
I've got my 3770k at 4.8ghz now. I can get into windows at 5ghz but crashes within minutes in prime95. Is the sabertooth the answer?
Hi mate, as far as CPU overclocking, I think the best I could get 100% stable on the Asrock was 4.8 iirc. On the Sabertooth I can run 100% stable at 5GHz, and it will go higher for benchmarks.

As I said before, it would not run my ram at full speed. At the time I had 8GB of G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz and with 8GB I had to back it down to 2200MHz, I then had the chance to get another 8GB at a good price so I did. I wanted to run the ram at full speed and I took a chance on the Sabertooth and with 16GB installed it has not once had a memory issue, I just fitted it, set the manufacturer timings, speed and voltage and it worked perfect.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #45
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica18 View Post
No love for the asrock.

Hey paul, what were the differences in overclocking ability did you see going from the asrock to asus board?
I've got my 3770k at 4.8ghz now. I can get into windows at 5ghz but crashes within minutes in prime95. Is the sabertooth the answer?

It's not that I don't have love for Asrock I have had more success with Asus and currently running a AM3+ Sabertooth board and it looks exactly the same

Only thing I noticed was the clip for the heatsink is gone but that doesn't matter im going to mount my watercooling to it

I need to get in touch with Antec so I can re order the full parts for Intel I found the clip but it just seems not the right pieces

So I am going to hit Antec up see if I can get replacement parts shipped

I also circled the area of the missing heatsink clip I doubt it is a problem

I paid 406.11 total cost all good
Awesome Solar mate, in the UK to buy both of those right now would be around 410! Which works out to $633!

You got a bargain there.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #46
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica18 View Post
No love for the asrock.

Hey paul, what were the differences in overclocking ability did you see going from the asrock to asus board?
I've got my 3770k at 4.8ghz now. I can get into windows at 5ghz but crashes within minutes in prime95. Is the sabertooth the answer?

It's not that I don't have love for Asrock I have had more success with Asus and currently running a AM3+ Sabertooth board and it looks exactly the same

Only thing I noticed was the clip for the heatsink is gone but that doesn't matter im going to mount my watercooling to it

I need to get in touch with Antec so I can re order the full parts for Intel I found the clip but it just seems not the right pieces

So I am going to hit Antec up see if I can get replacement parts shipped

I also circled the area of the missing heatsink clip I doubt it is a problem

I paid 406.11 total cost all good
Awesome Solar mate, in the UK to buy both of those right now would be around 410! Which works out to $633!

You got a bargain there.

Paul.
You know me Paul I have a Nose that Nose hahaha and can smell a Bargain a mile away
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #47
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I expect to see a 5.5GHz OC by the end of the week mate haha. Just messing. But you will certainly have some fun with it.

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #48
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
I expect to see a 5.5GHz OC by the end of the week mate haha. Just messing. But you will certainly have some fun with it.

Paul.
Right now i'm putting the board together time to take down Old trusty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2013   #49
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Good luck Solar, see you on the other side
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Good Overclocking MB for Intel I7-3770K




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Intel Mobo for 3770K
whats up guys? so i found a i7 3770k on microcenter for $250. so i think my next upgrades will be i7 3770k and an Asus mobo after i buy a car lol. but anyway, im looking for a mobo. i want asus, and i want USB 3.0 header, and some decent OC ability. any ideas oon what comes to mind? i DO...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Intel i7 3770k or AMD 8350 or Intel i5 3570k?
Hey guys just want you're opinion really? See, I have a AM3+ motherboard, and currently a FX 6200 clocked at 4.2GHz, thing is, I feel when I try to play say BF3 on a 32 man server, My pc run's smooth, yet come to a 64 man server, My PC feels sluggish and well fails. Now I know Its going to...
Hardware & Devices
if the 3770k a good deal?
i was looking at it on new egg, and i was wondering if this has turned out to just be a 2700k with 4000 series internal graphics... i notice it uses a lower voltage, between the voltage and the graphics, are those the only differences? i was looking at benchmarks for it... there arent many out yet,...
Hardware & Devices
Overclocking Intel Q9400
Im gona try out OC my CPU and was going to bump it up to 3.0 GHz from 2.66 as i have seen a lot of my CPU's clock well past this fine. im going to change the FSB from 333 to 375 as this would do it, and i just wanted to know if anyone else has done this on my CPU ok and if i would need to incrase...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Overclocking Intel Q9400
I have just got this CPU at weekend and i know that it is capable of being overclocked to a lot more than it is standard as it is 2.66GHz at the moment what would be a safe amount to go up to as i have it running a Arctic Cooling Rev2 and i idle at 36/37/36/37 and at 54/56/53/55 on load this is at...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App