Show Us Your Rig [6]


  1. Posts : 26,459
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1151

    Alsisgevat, Where have you been friend? we have missed you around here. I hope you plan on hanging around for a while. Great seeing you.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1152

    essenbe said:
    Nice case, Alan. If you could live with 3 hard drive cages, I think you could get a 240 mm rad in there. A couple of SSDs to go along with the drives should work good. You can put an SSD almost anywhere. Looks like a fun build.
    I have a Coolermaster 240 sealed if by chance I can squeeze it in but my research has led me to think that to get a 240 in the top or the front then everything has to come out and maybe that will be round two when and if I go full water on the mobo and gpu.

    Thanks guys for all the comments, I just wanted to try a powerful mini.....it just sounded like a blast.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1153

    essenbe said:
    Alsisgevat, Where have you been friend? we have missed you around here. I hope you plan on hanging around for a while. Great seeing you.
    Ditto that !
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1154

    Britton30 said:
    A fine bunch of parts Alan. Maybe the Team RAM will be great, the only other 2400 with a CL of 10 I saw was G.Skill Trident X, which I have. :)
    I wanted the GSkill Tridents but in the end the savings were just too big and the reports on these modules too strong to ignore. It was no contest comparing them to Corsair cost to performance.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 26,459
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1155

    linnemeyerhere said:
    essenbe said:
    Nice case, Alan. If you could live with 3 hard drive cages, I think you could get a 240 mm rad in there. A couple of SSDs to go along with the drives should work good. You can put an SSD almost anywhere. Looks like a fun build.
    I have a Coolermaster 240 sealed if by chance I can squeeze it in but my research has led me to think that to get a 240 in the top or the front then everything has to come out and maybe that will be round two when and if I go full water on the mobo and gpu.

    Thanks guys for all the comments, I just wanted to try a powerful mini.....it just sounded like a blast.
    Alan, I may be wrong, I'm sure you have read about them more than me. But, I thought they said remove the top hard drive bay (which I think is 3 bays, leaving 3 ) you can fit a 240 in the top. But you are right, to fit one in the front you would have to remove all of them.

    I had just thought wiyh 3 2TB drives and a couple of SSDs and some velcro, you would be in good shape. That's basically what I'm doing with my full tower. I removed the bottom 3 drive bays to put a 360 in the bottom. That leaves me 3 bays in the top for hard drives. And, of course, I won't be without my SSDs,, even if I have to duct tape them somewhere.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 53,672
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1156

    Joey, slumming on the forum?

    A Guy
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 25,847
    Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
       #1157

    essenbe said:
    Jack, I think it is this case, they come in a lot of colors, but I think this is what he was going to usw.
    BitFenix Prodigy Midnight Black / Black Steel / Plastic Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
    Thanks. When I used the hyper link in Alan's post all I got was a page full of head phones for sale.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1158

    essenbe said:
    linnemeyerhere said:
    essenbe said:
    Nice case, Alan. If you could live with 3 hard drive cages, I think you could get a 240 mm rad in there. A couple of SSDs to go along with the drives should work good. You can put an SSD almost anywhere. Looks like a fun build.
    I have a Coolermaster 240 sealed if by chance I can squeeze it in but my research has led me to think that to get a 240 in the top or the front then everything has to come out and maybe that will be round two when and if I go full water on the mobo and gpu.

    Thanks guys for all the comments, I just wanted to try a powerful mini.....it just sounded like a blast.
    Alan, I may be wrong, I'm sure you have read about them more than me. But, I thought they said remove the top hard drive bay (which I think is 3 bays, leaving 3 ) you can fit a 240 in the top. But you are right, to fit one in the front you would have to remove all of them.

    I had just thought wiyh 3 2TB drives and a couple of SSDs and some velcro, you would be in good shape. That's basically what I'm doing with my full tower. I removed the bottom 3 drive bays to put a 360 in the bottom. That leaves me 3 bays in the top for hard drives. And, of course, I won't be without my SSDs,, even if I have to duct tape them somewhere.
    Well from what I can see but haven't confirmed as the case is still in it's taped box but the optical drive must come out to give access for a 240 rad in the top. Then if you go front mounted then at least both drive cages must come out. I'm going with a standard graphics card and was planning on pulling the upper drive cage for it but wanted to leave the lower for placing two spinners and then lots of hidden options for the SSD's.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 26,459
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1159

    That sounds reasonble to me, Alan.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26,459
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1160

    Jack, that was one of those add pages, at the bottom it has a link "Continue to Bitfinix"
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:37.
Find Us