Show Us Your Rig [6]


  1. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1241

    linnemeyerhere said:
    Ryan looks like you've got some fun days ahead !
    Yeah I have a lot to learn :) I was pickled before I'd even un boxed the board though and that was just on the download's page

    Britton30 said:
    ganjiry said:
    No rig pic's yet but I thought I'd show you some boxes to keep you going
    right time to get my A** into gear, See ya laters folks
    Looks like some work ahead Ryan, don't try to push the Haswell as fay as Ivy, unless you have a dry ice cooler. I've heard good things about that board.
    Yeah I'm on a go slow today mate as I've been cleaning everything while I'm at it. I shall be doing a LOT of reading and finding my way around the mahOOSIVE bios before doing any oc. It's a scary sight
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #1242

    UEFI is a bit terrifying at first since it has so many more options available than BIOS but, unless you overclock, it's actually a bit easier to use. Just take the time to read the manual (I know, darned hard to do when you have a new toy you are anxious to get up and running) and you will be fine.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1243

    ganjiry said:
    linnemeyerhere said:
    Ryan looks like you've got some fun days ahead !
    Yeah I have a lot to learn :) I was pickled before I'd even un boxed the board though and that was just on the download's page

    Britton30 said:
    ganjiry said:
    No rig pic's yet but I thought I'd show you some boxes to keep you going
    right time to get my A** into gear, See ya laters folks
    Looks like some work ahead Ryan, don't try to push the Haswell as fay as Ivy, unless you have a dry ice cooler. I've heard good things about that board.
    Yeah I'm on a go slow today mate as I've been cleaning everything while I'm at it. I shall be doing a LOT of reading and finding my way around the mahOOSIVE bios before doing any oc. It's a scary sight
    It's definitely gonna be fun for you mate, will keep you out of trouble for a few weeks for sure! I look forward to seeing the final pics and of course...the benchmarks lol.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1244

    Lady Fitzgerald said:
    UEFI is a bit terrifying at first since it has so many more options available than BIOS but, unless you overclock, it's actually a bit easier to use. Just take the time to read the manual (I know, darned hard to do when you have a new toy you are anxious to get up and running) and you will be fine.
    My current board has a UEFI bios, When I said it was a scary sight I meant the sheer amount of setting's in it compared to my current ROG board but yeah I shall continue taking my time as always as it's all new to me

    paulpicks21 said:
    ganjiry said:
    linnemeyerhere said:
    Ryan looks like you've got some fun days ahead !
    Yeah I have a lot to learn :) I was pickled before I'd even un boxed the board though and that was just on the download's page

    Britton30 said:
    Looks like some work ahead Ryan, don't try to push the Haswell as fay as Ivy, unless you have a dry ice cooler. I've heard good things about that board.
    Yeah I'm on a go slow today mate as I've been cleaning everything while I'm at it. I shall be doing a LOT of reading and finding my way around the mahOOSIVE bios before doing any oc. It's a scary sight
    It's definitely gonna be fun for you mate, will keep you out of trouble for a few weeks for sure! I look forward to seeing the final pics and of course...the benchmarks lol.
    Yeah it may help me sleep too as I get mentally tired which knock's me on my a**. I remembered to take pic's along the way this time, well a couple anyway.
    I don't know who's more eager to see the benches, me or you but they will be along asap
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1245

    Ryan, pickled=snookered=drunk=pissed= sh**-faced?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1246

    Britton30 said:
    Ryan, pickled=snookered=drunk=pissed= sh**-faced?
    Hehe! Sorry chap Lost, confused and clueless are more like it
    It felt like it was my first build all over again
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1247

    Ahh, I see mate, another difference between English and Americanese.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,686
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
       #1248

    Britton30 said:
    Ahh, I see mate, another difference between English and Americanese.
    You forgot rat arsed.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 7 Professional
       #1249

    :) I use two keyboards!
    The Martian Keyboard which works beside the normal keyboard holds all of my shortcuts and
    text strings. Shortcut sequences don't have to be memorized because they are in the key press.
    It saves typing annoying nuisance keystrokes over and over, day after day.
    Like, for example, your username, low security passwords, email addresses, keywords for browser, - even
    sentences and short paragraphs.
    You plug it into the spare USB port.
    This what it is all about, fast key entry, for me being a power user.


    plugged into WIN 7 Professional.
    The boss man administrator can't complain as no software is on the WIN7.
    :)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1250

    Ricardo5,
    Welcome to SF. Nice clean desktop and I use two keyboards but for two machines.....never seen a keyboard set to be soley dedicated for this purpose but I could see it being handy outside of remember whats where.......how long did it take you?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:36.
Find Us