Show Us Your Rig [6]


  1. Posts : 1,686
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
       #1311

    Britton30 said:
    paulpicks21 said:
    I dunno, I hope I can, it's staying at stock for a little while lol.

    Here's a low light pic to keep you going, it's a bit of a mishmash of colors right now. I may have to change the color of the case lighting to make it all blend in a bit better.
    Very, very nice Paul, but I can see, I think, 6 cables.
    Did I say it's very nice?
    Yes you did say it is very nice and I agree, very nice indeed. Good Job.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1312

    Indianatone said:
    Ok here is my Tammy's machine. Pictures of the final peice of the upgrade the video card. Some parts are new and some came from my old machine I used for email and web surfing. She has a 3.3 Ghz Phenom 2 6 core wirh 16gb of GSkill Ram, a Toshiba 256Gb SSD and A Seagate 2 TB Hybrid drive on a Asus M488T -V-EVO with a Rocket Raid 6gb x4 PCIe as SATA transfer speeds on the board are only 3gb. An Asus DVD burner and the Gigabyte HD7770 1 Gb ram card and running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. She uses it as a workstation and also to play casual games on such as the two favorites ATM Luxor 2 and Bejeweled 3. If she ain't happy you will be unhappy with half your stuff so build her a decent rig.
    Looks great Tony, nice job mate
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1313

    paulpicks21 said:
    I dunno, I hope I can, it's staying at stock for a little while lol.

    Here's a low light pic to keep you going, it's a bit of a mishmash of colors right now. I may have to change the color of the case lighting to make it all blend in a bit better.
    Nice job for Tammy Tony, well done. I love the pics too.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,438
    64bit Windows 10
       #1314

    essenbe said:
    Alsisgevat said:
    Hi all, still fun reading all this lol, Ive just been silent spying lol, need some help, I haven't been up to date with the latest hardware, can someone please pm me,whats the newest and best out there, prefs are nvidia and asus Rog,intel and corsair. Only hardware, I'm still happy with my case etc. Thank you.
    It depends on which way you want to go. Ivy E is the last one out But, the improvements over what you already have is not that great form what I've heard. They are still socket 2011.

    On the other side is Haswell and the i7-4770K From what I see, there are some nice improvements in the Chipsets, but the CPU's don't overclock quite as well and the heat is a very limiting factor.

    For Graphics and you said Nvidia, the 780s have really come down in price because of the new AMD releases. They released the 780 TI since the AMD release. The 780TI are still pretty new but seem to out perform everything else, but the price is quite high. Not as bad as The Titan, but still close to it.

    With your rig, I don't see anything out worth upgrading for really unless you wanted to upgrade your GPU to a 780 or 780 TI. I think that would show a lot of improvement over your 580s. But Nvidia was supposed to release the 800 series the 1st quarter this year. We'll have to wait to see what they are about.

    If you have any specific questions, ask away.

    Ah okay, thank you very much, that helped allot, geuss I will rather wait for a new series. And gpu wise I was looking at Evga's hydrocopper 780's in sli.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 26,465
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1315

    Alsisgevat said:
    essenbe said:
    Alsisgevat said:
    Hi all, still fun reading all this lol, Ive just been silent spying lol, need some help, I haven't been up to date with the latest hardware, can someone please pm me,whats the newest and best out there, prefs are nvidia and asus Rog,intel and corsair. Only hardware, I'm still happy with my case etc. Thank you.
    It depends on which way you want to go. Ivy E is the last one out But, the improvements over what you already have is not that great form what I've heard. They are still socket 2011.

    On the other side is Haswell and the i7-4770K From what I see, there are some nice improvements in the Chipsets, but the CPU's don't overclock quite as well and the heat is a very limiting factor.

    For Graphics and you said Nvidia, the 780s have really come down in price because of the new AMD releases. They released the 780 TI since the AMD release. The 780TI are still pretty new but seem to out perform everything else, but the price is quite high. Not as bad as The Titan, but still close to it.

    With your rig, I don't see anything out worth upgrading for really unless you wanted to upgrade your GPU to a 780 or 780 TI. I think that would show a lot of improvement over your 580s. But Nvidia was supposed to release the 800 series the 1st quarter this year. We'll have to wait to see what they are about.

    If you have any specific questions, ask away.

    Ah okay, thank you very much, that helped allot, geuss I will rather wait for a new series. And gpu wise I was looking at Evga's hydrocopper 780's in sli.
    Nice job. You'll love those. Hang around more often, You are needed here.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1316

    paulpicks21 said:
    I dunno, I hope I can, it's staying at stock for a little while lol.

    Here's a low light pic to keep you going, it's a bit of a mishmash of colors right now. I may have to change the color of the case lighting to make it all blend in a bit better.
    Looking good mate, Nice job and fast too

    Indianatone said:
    Ok here is my Tammy's machine. Pictures of the final peice of the upgrade the video card. Some parts are new and some came from my old machine I used for email and web surfing. She has a 3.3 Ghz Phenom 2 6 core wirh 16gb of GSkill Ram, a Toshiba 256Gb SSD and A Seagate 2 TB Hybrid drive on a Asus M488T -V-EVO with a Rocket Raid 6gb x4 PCIe as SATA transfer speeds on the board are only 3gb. An Asus DVD burner and the Gigabyte HD7770 1 Gb ram card and running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. She uses it as a workstation and also to play casual games on such as the two favorites ATM Luxor 2 and Bejeweled 3. If she ain't happy you will be unhappy with half your stuff so build her a decent rig.
    Very nice build Tony, Good job mate

    Alsisgevat said:
    Ah okay, thank you very much, that helped allot, geuss I will rather wait for a new series. And gpu wise I was looking at Evga's hydrocopper 780's in sli.
    You'll have some fun with those 780's chap
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1317

    Thanks Ryan, I think it was all done and dusted within a couple of hours, the longest bit was the Windows updates.

    Temps seem pretty much the same as my 3770K and here is the WEI with everything at stock settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [6]-wei.png  
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1318

    paulpicks21 said:
    Thanks Ryan, I think it was all done and dusted within a couple of hours, the longest bit was the Windows updates.

    Temps seem pretty much the same as my 3770K and here is the WEI with everything at stock settings.
    You don't hang about do ya mate
    Nice looking WEI score mate
    Does Ivy-E drop down to silly low voltages too? I was just watching CpuZ last night to see what voltage the cpu is using when that noise from the psu starts but it's just when the cpu is below 0.7v, I've seen it drop to as low as 0.03v
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,681
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1319

    paulpicks21 said:
    Thanks Ryan, I think it was all done and dusted within a couple of hours, the longest bit was the Windows updates.

    Temps seem pretty much the same as my 3770K and here is the WEI with everything at stock settings.
    Wow. Those temps are really low. What's you room temps?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #1320

    ganjiry said:
    paulpicks21 said:
    Thanks Ryan, I think it was all done and dusted within a couple of hours, the longest bit was the Windows updates.

    Temps seem pretty much the same as my 3770K and here is the WEI with everything at stock settings.
    You don't hang about do ya mate
    Nice looking WEI score mate
    Does Ivy-E drop down to silly low voltages too? I was just watching CpuZ last night to see what voltage the cpu is using when that noise from the psu starts but it's just when the cpu is below 0.7v, I've seen it drop to as low as 0.03v
    Yes mate, pretty darn low!

    Show Us Your Rig [6]-cpu.png

    sygnus21 said:
    paulpicks21 said:
    Thanks Ryan, I think it was all done and dusted within a couple of hours, the longest bit was the Windows updates.

    Temps seem pretty much the same as my 3770K and here is the WEI with everything at stock settings.
    Wow. Those temps are really low. What's you room temps?
    It's pretty cold in the cabin this morning Drew so the temps are very low. Last night with the heating on full the temps settled at around 29C average for each core at idle. The hottest it has gone so far was 55C after running 3D Mark.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34.
Find Us