Show Us Your Rig [6]

Page 14 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624114 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #131

    I`m not crazy about the idea of pulling air AND DUST into the MB, I may flip that one around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your Rig [6]-4ee144ad_saber11.jpg  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #132

    I tend to agree, I love the look of the armor but with the fans pulling dust and it being deposited all over the board how do you really keep it clean? Sure you can blow it out some but it seems to me like it's going to trap more dust and heat over the long run. Really like the looks !
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #133

    Gary, are you saying the Asus supplied 35mm fan runs at 7000rpm all the time? Mine idle at 3700rpm, and always have. They will spool up to 7000-ish under full load though.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #134

    kbrady1979 said:
    Gary, are you saying the Asus supplied 35mm fan runs at 7000rpm all the time? Mine idle at 3700rpm, and always have. They will spool up to 7000-ish under full load though.
    How noisy are they?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #135

    Wow, I think we need to start a Sabertooth owners club thread lol.

    That must be -

    Me
    Kelly
    Solar
    Addram
    Gary
    Steve

    Sorry if I missed anyone off, but quite a lot of owners now.

    Good luck with your new board Steve, let me know how you get on with it and if it works ok.

    Paul.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #136

    paulpicks21 said:
    Wow, I think we need to start a Sabertooth owners club thread lol.

    That must be -

    Me
    Kelly
    Solar
    Addram
    Gary
    Steve

    Sorry if I missed anyone off, but quite a lot of owners now.

    Good luck with your new board Steve, let me know how you get on with it and if it works ok.

    Paul.
    I been a Sabertooth owner for like 1-1/2 years now lol AMD and Intel ASUS is the you know what

    Paul how long have you had yours ??? Kelly too I would like to hear about the Longevity factor
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #137

    Kelly is the longest owner of the Z77 Sabertooth. I think I have only had mine for maybe 4 or 5 months.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,973
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
       #138

    Lady Fitzgerald said:
    kbrady1979 said:
    Gary, are you saying the Asus supplied 35mm fan runs at 7000rpm all the time? Mine idle at 3700rpm, and always have. They will spool up to 7000-ish under full load though.
    How noisy are they?
    I can't hear them at all. I know some people pitched a fit with the first gen Sabertooth's because of the noise. I don't hear them at any RPM........what noise they make is covered up by the 200mm and 120mm fan.

    I have had my Sabertooth since May of 2012, and have been running with an OC since then as well.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #139

    Sounds great almost 2 years now

    I had gotten my AMD Sabertooth round the same time excellent MB with quality parts

    One of the reasons I kicked MSI to the curb but my Dad seems to be working with my old MSI just fine of course he isn't doing none of the stuff I am doing

    As for the fans my Corsair SP's make more airflow but sounds like a heavy blower
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #140

    kbrady1979 said:
    Gary, are you saying the Asus supplied 35mm fan runs at 7000rpm all the time? Mine idle at 3700rpm, and always have. They will spool up to 7000-ish under full load though.
    No, when the temps reaches my pre-set threshold it will, but there is a setting to limit the top speed of all the fans in percentages. I saw one of the assist fans at 7587RPM in BIOS once, sounded like a tiny jet engine. The Noctua's full speed it 3500RPM and I can't hear it at all. :)

    Steve, are you replacing the Maximus board?
      My Computer


 
Page 14 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624114 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:31.
Find Us