Show Us Your Rig [6]


  1. Posts : 53,672
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1961

    Interesting

    A Guy
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1962

    Is it a night stand, is it a computer......it's a computer night stand ! What no stain on that wood? Great job thinking inside the box !
    vspeck23 said:
    Another One of my rigs

    Amd Fx 6100
    Kingston Hyper x 8Gb DDR3 1666mhz
    XFX4850 1GB oc 1000Mhz :/










      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #1963

    I was thinking the same thing and also why not fill it in with glass like a glass double cabinet door that would look Stellar
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 297
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
       #1964

    After ordering some drive bay adapters online, I finally got my card reader in its spot in my tower case. Time to show it off!
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0001.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0002.jpg

    A little fan at the bottom to cool any GPU that comes along...
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0003.jpg

    And I also added a LED on the PWM fan header for the CPU fan. Not sure if this is going to cause any strange behavior with hardware monitors, but even without it, BIOS, or SpeedFan rather, would not pull up my fan speed.
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0004.jpg
    I might have to fork over more cash and buy some fans and a fan controller, but that's for another discussion. Can someone tell me whether this supports 8 watts per channel?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,425
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
       #1965

    HoneycombAG said:
    After ordering some drive bay adapters online, I finally got my card reader in its spot in my tower case. Time to show it off!
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0001.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0002.jpg

    A little fan at the bottom to cool any GPU that comes along...
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0003.jpg

    And I also added a LED on the PWM fan header for the CPU fan. Not sure if this is going to cause any strange behavior with hardware monitors, but even without it, BIOS, or SpeedFan rather, would not pull up my fan speed.
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0004.jpg
    I might have to fork over more cash and buy some fans and a fan controller, but that's for another discussion. Can someone tell me whether this supports 8 watts per channel?
    Honeycomb,
    Nice work with the card reader, leds and fan. Next time you pull the system down I would take it outside and blast all the components with compressed air and you can even take a small clean paint brush and use it to dislodge stubborn dust. This will do as much as any fan speed for keeping temps inline. Nice rig and keep up the good work and I like how you've crammed so much power into a small desk space !
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1966

    HoneycombAG, next upgrade is a new desk.

    What drive bay adapters did you get, your link goes to your other thread.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 9,615
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #1967

    linnemeyerhere said:
    HoneycombAG said:
    After ordering some drive bay adapters online, I finally got my card reader in its spot in my tower case. Time to show it off!
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0001.jpg
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0002.jpg

    A little fan at the bottom to cool any GPU that comes along...
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0003.jpg

    And I also added a LED on the PWM fan header for the CPU fan. Not sure if this is going to cause any strange behavior with hardware monitors, but even without it, BIOS, or SpeedFan rather, would not pull up my fan speed.
    Show Us Your Rig [6]-imag0004.jpg
    I might have to fork over more cash and buy some fans and a fan controller, but that's for another discussion. Can someone tell me whether this supports 8 watts per channel?
    Honeycomb,
    Nice work with the card reader, leds and fan. Next time you pull the system down I would take it outside and blast all the components with compressed air and you can even take a small clean paint brush and use it to dislodge stubborn dust. This will do as much as any fan speed for keeping temps inline. Nice rig and keep up the good work and I like how you've crammed so much power into a small desk space !
    I'd be careful about using a paint brush near any electronic components. They can generate enough static to kill chips, etc. Anti-static brushes are available for the purpose; here is one place to get them.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 109
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #1968

    vspeck23 said:
    Another One of my rigs

    Amd Fx 6100
    Kingston Hyper x 8Gb DDR3 1666mhz
    XFX4850 1GB oc 1000Mhz :/










    nice one , did u build the case yourself ?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #1969

    vspeck23 I somehow missed you great build. Is that wood Ash? Bigger pics would be nice too.

    This is the preferred, best way to upload an image or a file to a post.

    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

    Press the ALT and PrntScrn keys at the same time, this will capture only the active window to use in Paint or your preferred graphics editor.


    You may also upload a photo or image you already have on your PC,as you would a file, without using the Snipping tool.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 297
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
       #1970

    Britton30 said:
    HoneycombAG, next upgrade is a new desk.

    What drive bay adapters did you get, your link goes to your other thread.
    For those of you keeping track of the "other thread", I went back and marked it as "Solved" already.

    That desk was already new, until I started dragging my optical mouse across it. The issue I have with it is the build on it; it didn't have a spot for me to place the tower elsewhere and out of the way so I put it in the most convenient place possible. I had to glue down a piece of photo paper with all black printed on it where there was most damage. But it also has shelf space for my CD-ROMs and even some cassette tapes.

    There is a NewEgg shipping box that I saved that the motherboard, RAM, APU, and an 8GB memory stick all came in when I started this custom build. Right now it's full of junk.

    The drive bay adapter: Rosewill RDRD-11006 HDD Accessory - Newegg.com


    Actually, I might have more upgrades coming, so keep watching this thread and I might post more pictures of it.
    Last edited by HoneycombAG; 08 Apr 2014 at 18:59.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.
Find Us