Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]


  1. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1211

    forgot to mention, my temps were with my integrated CPU graphics enabled.
      My Computer


  2. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #1212

    Dude said:
    Yep, Antec 920. Your temps are amazing with the delid, but I still don't have the nerve to try it.
    Yeah, it tooks me a hell of thinking before heading nut delidding, but it came right and i'm still suprised i've done it. :)

    Results are there and with some technical hand-skill (i meant readings!!), sleepling well, being calm before action then you can succeed!

    N00berG00ber said:
    forgot to mention, my temps were with my integrated CPU graphics enabled.
    Do not think it matters Discrete or integrated.

    Edit: I'm using Gpu Virtualization with Integrated enabled too.
    Last edited by NoN; 02 Nov 2014 at 18:57. Reason: edited
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1213

    NoN said:
    Dude said:
    Yep, Antec 920. Your temps are amazing with the delid, but I still don't have the nerve to try it.
    Yeah, it tooks me a hell of thinking before heading nut delidding, but it came right and i'm still suprised i've done it. :)

    Results are there and with some technical hand-skill (i meant readings!!), sleepling well, being calm before action then you can succeed!

    N00berG00ber said:
    forgot to mention, my temps were with my integrated CPU graphics enabled.
    Do not think it matters Discrete or integrated.

    Edit: I'm using Gpu Virtualization with Integrated enabled too.
    thought it would raise the temps a little...?

    any whoot, heres a REALLY quick OC to 4.6GHz at 1.224v
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]-capture.jpg  
      My Computer


  4. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #1214

    Not that significant i think if you have a good cooling system.

    You've got more CPU phases than my motherboard...with fine tuning you might be able to low those Temps at same Ghz. Should try another thermal paste too.

    My temps at @4.6GHz Aircooler last year were two degrees more than yours actual, though!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1215

    NoN said:
    Not that significant i think if you have a good cooling system.

    You've got more CPU phases than my motherboard...with fine tuning you might be able to low those Temps at same Ghz. Should try another thermal paste too.

    My temps at @4.6GHz Aircooler last year were two degrees more than yours actual, though!
    i just threw a voltage at it and set it to 4.6 literately 2 minutes. im using artic silver MX-2 1 fan in pull
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1216

    did some testing before The Walking Dead comes on... interesting results...

    -Looks like HT disabled does not improve temps at all... maybe for HIGH end OCs, but at my 4.4, made no difference.
    -Looks like OCing via Turbo Boost as compared to base OC yields higher temps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]-oc.jpg  
      My Computer


  7. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #1217

    N00berG00ber said:
    i just threw a voltage at it and set it to 4.6 literately 2 minutes. im using artic silver MX-2 1 fan in pull
    If i recall well the Artic Silver MX2 is a 5.6W/Mk thermal conductivity only. You should at least try to use a 8.5W/Mk paste for better results under the H80i.

    Thermal Paste Comparison, Part Two: 39 Products Get Tested

    One of those can be a good alternate paste
    -Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme (8.5W/Mk)

    N00berG00ber said:
    did some testing before The Walking Dead comes on... interesting results...

    -Looks like HT disabled does not improve temps at all... maybe for HIGH end OCs, but at my 4.4, made no difference.
    -Looks like OCing via Turbo Boost as compared to base OC yields higher temps.
    As I'm not using i7 K core i can't be much of help about disabling HT or not, though it looks not making that much change with or without.
    Last edited by NoN; 02 Nov 2014 at 20:00. Reason: edited
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #1218

    The thing I've noticed about almost all reputable Thermal Paste comparisons are just like this one. Results: Closed-Loop Liquid Cooler; High Mounting Pressure - Thermal Paste Comparison, Part Two: 39 Products Get Tested You can count them if you want, but about the top 20 are within 3C of each other, which means that they are just about all the same. I'm not sure 3C will make a big difference to any of us. Personally I use Noctua NH-T1, which may not be the winner, but is right up there with them. I have used Coolabs liquid Ultra and didn't notice any difference. It was probably there, but it made no noticeable difference until I decided to clean it off.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1219

    That's what I was thinkin. Plus, once puppyyou get to the top 10, price sky rockets.
      My Computer


  10. NoN
    Posts : 4,167
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
       #1220

    Noctua NH-T1 is a 11W/Mk thermal conductivity, i'm not surprised its a good one too.

    N00berG00ber said:
    That's what I was thinkin. Plus, once puppyyou get to the top 10, price sky rockets.
    There's different packages from 1gr to 5gr, so is the price too. If you head to a good brand you'll need to take the less amount of paste for a longer time.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.
Find Us