Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]

Page 22 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432122 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 53,681
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #211

    paulpicks21 said:
    Well the new CPU arrived, it's very nice to be typing this reply from my main rig again.

    The new CPU is only fractionally better than my old one. It will pass IBT at 1.248V as apposed to 1.280V on my old one. I think it's not a very good CPU sadly.
    The good news is the second 3770k just shipped today so hopefully I will have that tomorrow. I really hope that one is better.

    I said I would not go above 1.75V, this is the highest I can get on this CPU.
    Aren't you supposed to put 1500 miles on it before you go full speed? :)

    A Guy
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,915
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #212

    They shipped it 1500 miles, he's good to go
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 26,468
    Windows 11 Pro
       #213

    A Guy said:
    paulpicks21 said:
    Well the new CPU arrived, it's very nice to be typing this reply from my main rig again.

    The new CPU is only fractionally better than my old one. It will pass IBT at 1.248V as apposed to 1.280V on my old one. I think it's not a very good CPU sadly.
    The good news is the second 3770k just shipped today so hopefully I will have that tomorrow. I really hope that one is better.

    I said I would not go above 1.75V, this is the highest I can get on this CPU.
    Aren't you supposed to put 1500 miles on it before you go full speed? :)

    A Guy

    Not in this thread.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #214

    jeepmann4x4 said:
    Britton30 said:
    What's wrong with this picture. It's a new Z77-WS board.

    Attachment 290071
    I'm on my phone app right now, so its hard to see. I do see that the label wording is a little funny. I'll look again when I'm back at my rig to see if I'm missing something.
    Solarstarshines said:
    Britton30 said:
    What's wrong with this picture. It's a new Z77-WS board.

    Attachment 290071
    uhmm I guess they started making transparent covers so the chips will go through once you have it installed the cover magicly reappears
    The label is not right for this socket cover, the picture on the label is the right one. This label is for the cover that goes on the CPU retainer, not for the one that fits inside the socket, as my example is. Here is what the cover should be for that label, nipped the pic from Newegg.

    Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]-capture.jpg
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7,470
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #215

    Britton30 said:
    jeepmann4x4 said:
    Britton30 said:
    What's wrong with this picture. It's a new Z77-WS board.

    Attachment 290071
    I'm on my phone app right now, so its hard to see. I do see that the label wording is a little funny. I'll look again when I'm back at my rig to see if I'm missing something.
    Solarstarshines said:
    Britton30 said:
    What's wrong with this picture. It's a new Z77-WS board.

    Attachment 290071
    uhmm I guess they started making transparent covers so the chips will go through once you have it installed the cover magicly reappears
    The label is not right for this socket cover, the picture on the label is the right one. This label is for the cover that goes on the CPU retainer, not for the one that fits inside the socket, as my example is. Here is what the cover should be for that label, nipped the pic from Newegg.

    Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]-capture.jpg
    Gotcha
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #216

    It's arrived, lets hope this one is better. Wish me luck :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official Seven Forums Overclock Leader boards [2]-dsc_1281.jpg  
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 539
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
       #217

    paulpicks21 said:
    It's arrived, lets hope this one is better. Wish me luck :)
    Good Luck!!!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3,118
    Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #218

    paulpicks21 said:
    It's arrived, lets hope this one is better. Wish me luck :)
    Good luck n have fun
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6,077
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    Thread Starter
       #219

    Thanks, it's not going well so far, I must have over tightened one of the screws last time, it is just spinning in the plastic backplate so I can't get the cooler off.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #220

    I've done it Paul. I use a pair of needle-nosed pliers to hold the nut from the backside while turning the screw. Be careful you can gouge the board with the pliers or screwdriver. Finger tighten only too.
    After it's off try my super glue trick I posted earlier. Give it an hour to cure.
      My Computer


 
Page 22 of 129 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432122 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:27.
Find Us