My New R9 280X

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

  1. Posts : 7,466
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
       #91

    N00berG00ber said:
    crap this asus card is big! now I cant put on my side cover with the fan..... so im going to have to either mod the fan a lot or buy a new one. since I have no money, my choice is obvious.

    but it JUST fit into my case i need that fan!
    lmao don't ASUS cards take 3 slots
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,075
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #92

    Solarstarshines said:
    N00berG00ber said:
    crap this asus card is big! now I cant put on my side cover with the fan..... so im going to have to either mod the fan a lot or buy a new one. since I have no money, my choice is obvious.

    but it JUST fit into my case i need that fan!
    lmao don't ASUS cards take 3 slots
    Only certain ones like the Matrix Platinum.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #93

    Man, Goober you are having problem after problem with your build

    It sure looks like a 3 slot card but it`s only 2, right Goob and it`s 11.2" long.

    But the Direct CUII is 3 slots.
    Last edited by AddRAM; 22 Apr 2015 at 17:51.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #94

    ya I know. but I think it is finally finished. I managed to fit the fan on the side, so it should be all good to go. mine is the one on the left. it is a dual slot. its just long and wide because of the 10mm heat pipe coming out the side. its not a perfect fit, but it will manage and cool mostly everything. the most important thing I cared about was the NB on the mobo. that thing gets hot!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 6,075
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #95

    N00berG00ber said:
    ya I know. but I think it is finally finished. I managed to fit the fan on the side, so it should be all good to go. mine is the one on the left. it is a dual slot. its just long and wide because of the 10mm heat pipe coming out the side. its not a perfect fit, but it will manage and cool mostly everything. the most important thing I cared about was the NB on the mobo. that thing gets hot!
    Great, you have so many benchmarks on here now you will busy for a day or 2 lol, we have -

    Heaven
    Valley
    Tropics
    Sanctuary
    3D Mark 11
    3D mark Vantage
    Passmark

    There maybe some more but my mind has gone blank lol.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #96

    paulpicks21 said:
    N00berG00ber said:
    ya I know. but I think it is finally finished. I managed to fit the fan on the side, so it should be all good to go. mine is the one on the left. it is a dual slot. its just long and wide because of the 10mm heat pipe coming out the side. its not a perfect fit, but it will manage and cool mostly everything. the most important thing I cared about was the NB on the mobo. that thing gets hot!
    Great, you have so many benchmarks on here now you will busy for a day or 2 lol, we have -

    Heaven
    Valley
    Tropics
    Sanctuary
    3D Mark 11
    3D mark Vantage
    Passmark

    There maybe some more but my mind has gone blank lol.
    lol I just tried heaven and posted the results. I got slightly higher score. but I have the beta 7 drivers. on beta 8 drivers I got a bit more FPS in games but there was an annoying stutter so I switch back.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 6,075
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
       #97

    N00berG00ber said:
    paulpicks21 said:
    N00berG00ber said:
    ya I know. but I think it is finally finished. I managed to fit the fan on the side, so it should be all good to go. mine is the one on the left. it is a dual slot. its just long and wide because of the 10mm heat pipe coming out the side. its not a perfect fit, but it will manage and cool mostly everything. the most important thing I cared about was the NB on the mobo. that thing gets hot!
    Great, you have so many benchmarks on here now you will busy for a day or 2 lol, we have -

    Heaven
    Valley
    Tropics
    Sanctuary
    3D Mark 11
    3D mark Vantage
    Passmark

    There maybe some more but my mind has gone blank lol.
    lol I just tried heaven and posted the results. I got slightly higher score. but I have the beta 7 drivers. on beta 8 drivers I got a bit more FPS in games but there was an annoying stutter so I switch back.
    I suppose the most important thing with the new card is if it doesn't have the squeal you had with the old one. That was the only reason you had to change right.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,486
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #98

    paulpicks21 said:
    N00berG00ber said:
    paulpicks21 said:

    Great, you have so many benchmarks on here now you will busy for a day or 2 lol, we have -

    Heaven
    Valley
    Tropics
    Sanctuary
    3D Mark 11
    3D mark Vantage
    Passmark

    There maybe some more but my mind has gone blank lol.
    lol I just tried heaven and posted the results. I got slightly higher score. but I have the beta 7 drivers. on beta 8 drivers I got a bit more FPS in games but there was an annoying stutter so I switch back.
    I suppose the most important thing with the new card is if it doesn't have the squeal you had with the old one. That was the only reason you had to change right.
    yea definitely. its completely silent. MSI made a grate card with a great cooler, but the squeal was really annoying, and really loud. this asus card I feel runs a tad warmer. but that could be a factor of how the cooling in my case has changed.
      My Computer


 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:48.
Find Us