Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: case woes

09 Jul 2010   #41
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
id like to keep it under 75$, i want as much airflow possible.

and some room for the card
Newegg or tigerdirect?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jul 2010   #42
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

id prefer to get it at a store unless id be paying to much, then i would shop online.
like frys and micro center or any other place that slod cases. if it was online id prefer newegg
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jul 2010   #43
smarteyeball

 
 

I know you wanted under $75, but there aren't that many 'decent quality / high Air flow flow' cases in that price bracket. Sometimes it's worth just a few dollars more for a vastly superior case. (I did try to keep it very close to $75 though)

Micro Center - Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower Case RC-430-KWN1

Micro Center - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout ATX Gaming Case SGC-2000-KKN1-G

FRYS.com*|*Antec

FRYS.com*|*Thermaltake

Newegg.com - LIAN LI K60B Black CECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case



Just some ideas - a bit more than $75 but are very good cases and worth the extra $$$:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case The only difference between the cheaper k60 and the K62 is that the K62 has a side window and Blue LED fans.

FRYS.com*|*Cooler Master

FRYS.com*|*Cooler Master


I can personally vouch for the Lancool K60, the 922 (I have it's 'bigger brother'). The CM Scout and CM 690 II are also highly popular.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jul 2010   #44
EpicThorn

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

I currently have Elite 332 - Cooler Master
Cheap with enough flow to keep my temps low.
Current temps (checkout my rig) are: HDD 26 degeres, System/Case 26 degrees & CPU 43 degrees.
You should be able to pick one up for around $50

Regards,
Thorn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #45
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I know you wanted under $75, but there aren't that many 'decent quality / high Air flow flow' cases in that price bracket. Sometimes it's worth just a few dollars more for a vastly superior case. (I did try to keep it very close to $75 though)

Micro Center - Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower Case RC-430-KWN1

Micro Center - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout ATX Gaming Case SGC-2000-KKN1-G

FRYS.com*|*Antec

FRYS.com*|*Thermaltake

Newegg.com - LIAN LI K60B Black CECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case



Just some ideas - a bit more than $75 but are very good cases and worth the extra $$$:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case The only difference between the cheaper k60 and the K62 is that the K62 has a side window and Blue LED fans.

FRYS.com*|*Cooler Master

FRYS.com*|*Cooler Master


I can personally vouch for the Lancool K60, the 922 (I have it's 'bigger brother'). The CM Scout and CM 690 II are also highly popular.
thanks for the info, im getting one with the PSU at the bottom id prefer it that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #46
smarteyeball

 
 

I prefer bottom mounted PSU's myself as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #47
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

how do i mark the thread as solved?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #48
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
how do i mark the thread as solved?
Click on the red triangle in the upper right, and type solved in the box, one of the mods will mark it for you then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #49
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
how do i mark the thread as solved?
Click on the red triangle in the upper right, and type solved in the box, one of the mods will mark it for you then.
thank you sir.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #50
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
how do i mark the thread as solved?
Click on the red triangle in the upper right, and type solved in the box, one of the mods will mark it for you then.
thank you sir.
You're welcome sir.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 case woes




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
The Case of the Missing Pillow Case
Please press play to set the right mood as you read. ;) NzlG28B-R8Y The Case of the Missing Pillow Case Today appeared to be a normal day just like any other. I had decided that I should strip the beds and wash the sheets from them since it had been a while and they were starting to...
Chillout Room
Serious VHD woes
Hope someone can help. I have a .vhd that I can't open with Disk Mgmt. When it does attach, the assigned drive is an 'empty folder'. The .vhd is 67+GB..... Even tried with 7Zip and 'VHD Attach' - all 'open' the file as EMPTY. Please, any suggestions...? I need last year's taxes..... ...
Virtualization
Sharing Woes
I am having no luck with sharing with Win 7 computers. How can I meet these conditions: 1. All files are available to anyone connected on my router, which has password 2. All public networks are disallowed access to files regardless of 'Everyone' permission being set. My solution: Set...
Network & Sharing
TV Tuner woes
For the last month or so after doing a system restore, my USB Tuner (Hauppauge 950Q) will not work in 7MC. If I watch a QAM channel I get the message, "All tuners are currently in use..." Clicking on the "Title not available" does nothing. Analog channels give the message "Viewing or Listening...
Media Center
Homegroup Woes
I freaking hate homegroups :mad: So, I originally created a homegroup for our home network on my desktop. Got the password, set up everything fine. One day, I decided to reformat my desktop and reinstall the OS. Went into homegroup thinking I need to make a new homegroup nad guess what. It...
Network & Sharing
ATI All in Wonder Woes.
here is my story, Have 2 monitors connected to my HTPC, 26'' LG and 42'' Sharp Aquos. today the HDTV wouldnt show anything on it (it was still showing up in display properties as display 2) so i restored the computer to a point where everything was working, and now neither monitor shows anything...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App