Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show Us Your WEI [3]

05 Sep 2011   #351
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
They haven't made a CPU that will score 7.9 yet. Supposedly, it will take 8 cores. But your scores are great. Nice machine.
Hi all

Even with 8 cores, I still only get 7.5, well I say 'only'

Regards
UKMedia
8 physical cores, not threads.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
05 Sep 2011   #352
Crunchy Doodle

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I recently built up a little HTPC box with a ZOTAC Z68ITX-B-E motherboard. My goal was small, powerful, fairly quiet and moderately low power consumption. I'm fairly pleased with the results. Of interest, here is the standard WEI and the results of running "winsat disk". My reason for showing both is that the WEI looks like a regular mechanical HDD. In this case, it's a kind of hybrid. I have a 40 GB Intel SSD in the mSATA slot on the under-side of the motherboard, and I have the BIOS set for RAID. In Windows I set up Intel Rapid Storage for acceleration, or what they call Intel Smart Response Technology. The winsat results show some pretty fast numbers for a simple Samsung Eco-Green HDD.

As a HTPC, I'm using ShowAnalyzer to process out commercials. With this setup, I've been seeing a one hour HD show get processed in two to three minutes. The ShowAnalyzer Interface reports peaks of 60 MB/sec being processed. I think that's pretty good.

Bye.


Attached Images
Show Us Your WEI [3]-dgs-z68itx-disk.jpg Show Us Your WEI [3]-z68itx-b-e-wei-crop.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2011   #353
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy Doodle View Post
I recently built up a little HTPC box with a ZOTAC Z68ITX-B-E motherboard. My goal was small, powerful, fairly quiet and moderately low power consumption. I'm fairly pleased with the results. Of interest, here is the standard WEI and the results of running "winsat disk". My reason for showing both is that the WEI looks like a regular mechanical HDD. In this case, it's a kind of hybrid. I have a 40 GB Intel SSD in the mSATA slot on the under-side of the motherboard, and I have the BIOS set for RAID. In Windows I set up Intel Rapid Storage for acceleration, or what they call Intel Smart Response Technology. The winsat results show some pretty fast numbers for a simple Samsung Eco-Green HDD.

As a HTPC, I'm using ShowAnalyzer to process out commercials. With this setup, I've been seeing a one hour HD show get processed in two to three minutes. The ShowAnalyzer Interface reports peaks of 60 MB/sec being processed. I think that's pretty good.

Bye.
Sounds like you have a pretty good set up there. Congratulations. Good job.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Sep 2011   #354
UKMedia

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (SP 1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
They haven't made a CPU that will score 7.9 yet. Supposedly, it will take 8 cores. But your scores are great. Nice machine.
Hi all

Even with 8 cores, I still only get 7.5, well I say 'only'

Regards
UKMedia
8 physical cores, not threads.

oops
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #355
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post


Hi all

Even with 8 cores, I still only get 7.5, well I say 'only'

Regards
UKMedia
8 physical cores, not threads.

oops
Lol, don't worry about it. Anyway, it'll be a while until we get 8 core CPU's. The highest at the moment is 6 (12 threads). The next release of CPU's on the X79 chipset and LGA 2011 socket will have 6 cores so perhaps it'll come in the next batch.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #356
WolfSoul

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Retail
 
 

This is what a Rampage III Extreme gives.. I expect my RAM to hit that 7.9 too when I will have 12 GB.. The I7-960 will probably stick at where it is now


Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your WEI [3]-weir3e.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #357
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Nice scores WolfSoul
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #358
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WolfSoul View Post
This is what a Rampage III Extreme gives.. I expect my RAM to hit that 7.9 too when I will have 12 GB.. The I7-960 will probably stick at where it is now
Nice scores. You might also want to look at 12GB RAM @ 2000+Mhz. As for the i7-960, you might be able to get a slightly better score if you overclock a bit to say, 4-4.5Ghz. But great scores all the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #359
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

Very good scores WolfSoul. Congrats on a very good machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2011   #360
LTFUbar

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
 
 
Best I could do...

This is my work computer. I use a large set of data everyday so an SSD is not an option. I have a 3 drive RAID 0 short stroked to help with the speed but 6.3 is all i can squeeze out.


Attached Thumbnails
Show Us Your WEI [3]-scores.jpg   Show Us Your WEI [3]-haf-x1.jpg   Show Us Your WEI [3]-haf-x2.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show Us Your WEI [3]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig [8]
Spring is on and is beautifully sunny, flowered trees are green and diffuse their scents...:) My desk is lightened by...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Subfolders does not show in OWA, but show in Outlook.
Hi! Running server 2008 with exchange server. The user is using both OWA webmail and local Outlook. User got multiple inbox's to access, 1 personal and 2 for the company. The personal one got subfolders which shows in OWA, but the problem is the other folders. They are only needed by this 1...
Microsoft Office
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Wig
:haha:
Chillout Room
backup files will only show up if i click show hidden files and folder
Hey Guys, I cannot find a soultion to this problem. I was using my desktop like normal then an error came up saying that there was a hdd failure, and that i needed to scan for errors. all my files disappeared and only this error would come up. There would be hundreds of the same msg spamed on my...
Backup and Restore
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App