Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win7 boot too slowly

15 Aug 2011   #21
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

Please note that when using non-Microsoft defragmenters (aka not using defrag.exe) to clean-up/optimize the system, you will cause issues with SuperFetch until it "catches up" again. Defrag.exe and SuperFetch both keep info on where files are on the disk, so that each one "knows" where the files are. If you use a defragmenter that isn't defrag.exe, it won't necessarily update this information for SuperFetch/ReadyBoot when it defrags, which could cause additional disk work and SuperFetch/ReadyBoot activity afterwards, and potentially slow down boot and app load during this time. Just FYI, defragmenting the disk without using defrag.exe can actually be detrimental to performance for a time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Aug 2011   #22
peterpalm

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Thank marsmimar very much.
You are right, and I was afraid to change. I really do not believe in free software and I want to use only 1 optimizer all my computer's life, but ASO's price is not cheap. Could you please tell me where I find the coupon code for this software. It's very great if I just pay for a half or a little more because I have to buy 2 license for 2 computers.
Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #23
peterpalm

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cluberti View Post
Please note that when using non-Microsoft defragmenters (aka not using defrag.exe) to clean-up/optimize the system, you will cause issues with SuperFetch until it "catches up" again. Defrag.exe and SuperFetch both keep info on where files are on the disk, so that each one "knows" where the files are. If you use a defragmenter that isn't defrag.exe, it won't necessarily update this information for SuperFetch/ReadyBoot when it defrags, which could cause additional disk work and SuperFetch/ReadyBoot activity afterwards, and potentially slow down boot and app load during this time. Just FYI, defragmenting the disk without using defrag.exe can actually be detrimental to performance for a time.
Thanks cluberti very much. But the defragmenter of Windows is so slow, and it take me a lot time to do that thing. I would consider using the defrag tool of optimizer.
Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2011   #24
cluberti

Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

It's actually not that slow - however, it does do a very good job of laying files out on the disk to maximize the way the system uses them (versus just being OCD and putting everything in one big clump at the end of the platters). That takes time, and is well worth it. However, to each his or her own - just be aware that defragmenting the disk can cause performance issues with SuperFetch and ReadyBoot, for at least a little while.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #25
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterpalm View Post
Thank marsmimar very much.
You are right, and I was afraid to change. I really do not believe in free software and I want to use only 1 optimizer all my computer's life, but ASO's price is not cheap. Could you please tell me where I find the coupon code for this software. It's very great if I just pay for a half or a little more because I have to buy 2 license for 2 computers.
Thanks again.
Do you have 3 friends who would also like ASO? Systweak has 5 licenses for $70 USD. That's $14 USD per computer ($28 USD for your two licenses plus $42 USD from 3 friends = $70 USD.) I do not know how long this offer will last.

Systweak - Exclusive Offers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #26
peterpalm

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterpalm View Post
Thank marsmimar very much.
You are right, and I was afraid to change. I really do not believe in free software and I want to use only 1 optimizer all my computer's life, but ASO's price is not cheap. Could you please tell me where I find the coupon code for this software. It's very great if I just pay for a half or a little more because I have to buy 2 license for 2 computers.
Thanks again.
Do you have 3 friends who would also like ASO? Systweak has 5 licenses for $70 USD. That's $14 USD per computer ($28 USD for your two licenses plus $42 USD from 3 friends = $70 USD.) I do not know how long this offer will last.

Systweak - Exclusive Offers
Wow, $70 is a big number. Can I use the 3 remaining licenses for next years? In fact, I really hope a price lower than $40 because I can just use $30 for it. I have just found this website and this site sell it with 50 discounted price, but I am afraid whether they scam or not, will they send me the licenses after I pay money. Can I buy from there and which is more trusted?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #27
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterpalm View Post
Wow, $70 is a big number. Can I use the 3 remaining licenses for next years? In fact, I really hope a price lower than $40 because I can just use $30 for it. I have just found this website and this site sell it with 50 discounted price, but I am afraid whether they scam or not, will they send me the licenses after I pay money. Can I buy from there and which is more trusted?
The first website should be OK. I've ordered things using cleverbridge with no problems. Cleverbridge handles all of the paperwork, etc for different companies, products, and services.

https://systweak.cleverbridge.com/30...lecoupon=false

I've never used or heard of the second one, BitsDuJour.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #28
peterpalm

Windows 7 Ultimate x84
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by peterpalm View Post
Wow, $70 is a big number. Can I use the 3 remaining licenses for next years? In fact, I really hope a price lower than $40 because I can just use $30 for it. I have just found this website and this site sell it with 50 discounted price, but I am afraid whether they scam or not, will they send me the licenses after I pay money. Can I buy from there and which is more trusted?
The first website should be OK. I've ordered things using cleverbridge with no problems. Cleverbridge handles all of the paperwork, etc for different companies, products, and services.

https://systweak.cleverbridge.com/30...lecoupon=false

I've never used or heard of the second one, BitsDuJour.
I will use the link you provided, I do not have much money so I should be careful in cases like this. Thank marsmimar very much, you did so much for me. Wishing you all the happiness.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2011   #29
marsmimar

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 
 

I understand having to be careful with money. You're very welcome and if you have any other questions there's always someone available here at Seven Forums to assist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win7 boot too slowly




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dual Boot: Win7: Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed
Hello, I have dual boot in my laptop with Ubuntnu 14.04 LTS and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Today after working on Ubuntu I restarted and switched to Windows and as soon as it logged in I noticed the battery was 0%. I thought maybe it was some kind of glitch or something (silly me!) so I just...
General Discussion
Working backup Win7 boot drive, need to fix main Win7 boot drive
Earlier today, I thought that I wanted to run a the Repair Install (as per that tutorial) to a non-booting Windows 7 (64 bit) installation on a physical drive (my SSD) which is different than the drive to which I can currently boot. That is, I can currently boot to an older installation of...
General Discussion
Finally Updated SP1 on Win7 Pro - Now SSD boots slowly
Hello all! I just spent the better part of three days working on, and fixing, my rig's updating problems to SP1. Finally worked it out. Now, my WEI is 7.4-7.5 for all but my primary hard disk - data transfer rate rating is 5.9. This doesn't make sense as I run my system's OS on my crucial m4...
Installation & Setup
WIN7 x64 - Uses all available RAM, runs slowly
Hi all, pardon the newbie question. If this has been answered already please point me that way? I did do a search but found nothing to help. My system is a home built, Core I7, 8GB RAM, Radeon 560 TI with 2GB VRAM. Recently upgraded from 4GB RAM. I was having this same issue with 4GB of...
General Discussion
Failed setting up dual boot Win7/XP - cannot boot Win7
I tried to set up my desktop computer running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit to dual boot Windows XP Home. It didn't go as planned and now Windows 7 will not boot. I get the following error message: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read...
Installation & Setup
dual boot win7 & winxp separate drives OR upgrade to win7 professional
I've researched for awhile now & can't seem to find which is the best way to add winxp functionality to my laptop. I have office xp professional, painter7 & photopaint8 software that worked fine on winxp 32 bit thru sp3. New laptop is win7 home premium 64bit. Two 500gb hard drives. Which is...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App