Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: [Help] Slow Computer

26 Aug 2011   #41
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Have you used Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper? Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Aug 2011   #42
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SevenHelp View Post
Yes, I ran all the scans, one thing I noted though, was that 7 threats were found and fixed by malwarebytes in safemode, even though I scanned earlier not in safe mode.
Since Malwarebytes has fixed those threats, is your laptop still running slow in normal mode?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2011   #43
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Have you used Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper? Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect
I would give that a bash before we proceed with this any further, or check for some loose connections inside the laptop (If it is still within warranty, i would not open it up). No point in having to reinstall until we have tried most options.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Aug 2011   #44
SevenHelp

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Yes, its still running slowly.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Have you used Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper? Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect
I would give that a bash before we proceed with this any further, or check for some loose connections inside the laptop (If it is still within warranty, i would not open it up). No point in having to reinstall until we have tried most options.
Sadly, my computer decided to notify me that my warranty was over 2 days after it actually expired, and I don't believe its a hardware problem, due to fast speeds in safe mode. I'll try the sweeper now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2011   #45
YTBOY83

Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate Edition SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SevenHelp View Post
Yes, its still running slowly.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rmw020 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Have you used Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper? Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect
I would give that a bash before we proceed with this any further, or check for some loose connections inside the laptop (If it is still within warranty, i would not open it up). No point in having to reinstall until we have tried most options.
Sadly, my computer decided to notify me that my warranty was over 2 days after it actually expired, and I don't believe its a hardware problem, due to fast speeds in safe mode. I'll try the sweeper now.
Very good point.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2011   #46
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #47
SevenHelp

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
Sorry for the late reply, its currently downloading
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2011   #48
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

@SevenHelp - Did you even run the Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Tool?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2011   #49
SevenHelp

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

No, because I haven't had access to an external flashdrive/cd
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2011   #50
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

You don't have any of those? How do you transfer files for work and stuff?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 [Help] Slow Computer




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Why is my computer slow?
Im running Windows 7 Home Premium 7gb of ram NOTHING on my PC expect Kodi 14.2 Any way to make this run faster??
Performance & Maintenance
Very slow computer
This question has probably been asked a million times. I know. Just this morning, after my system woke up from having 0 percent of battery, my computer started running very slow. My web browser (Chrome) also completely freaked out, showing stuff like "this program is busy. switch to the unbusy...
Performance & Maintenance
Please Help Me Slow Down My Computer
Lately my laptop appears to have become over-sensitive and reactive to my slightest move, particularly when I most need it not to. My system is an HP G62 Notebook PC (G62-225NR), Pentium Dual-Core CPU (T4500) running at 2.30 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit Windows 7 OS. My complaints are: Single mouse...
Hardware & Devices
A VERY slow, slow, slow computer
I am watching a friend's laptop while they are on vacation. This laptop is old and is VERY slow. It has Windows XP Home Edition on it with Norton IS 2010. The past 2 days I have gotten critical error messages saying that the system is extremely low on virtual memory. I have also gotten some random...
Hardware & Devices
Computer gets really slow out of nowhere.
I have an old, crappy Vaio that I installed a free copy of Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit on. It has a 1.6GHz (single core) processor so it can't really handle a lot but does manage pretty well. However, lately I've noticed that out of nowhere it'll start using the Disk (using the taskbar meters and it'll...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App