Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Aero Lag on good system!

25 Aug 2009   #1
Mic43

Win 7 PRO x64
 
 
Aero Lag on good system!

Hi there!
I have recently updated my OS from Vista to Windows Professional RTM x64. I have very annoying problem with Aero on my system. Aero interface in Seven is really laggy - this includes showing/hiding taskbar, menus fading , even moving windows around and sometimes using scrollbars. It looks like a FPS drops in animation. On Vista everything was OK, same as when disabling Aero theme.
I googled a lot for this problem, and i am not alone with it, but nobody can solve this issue. My graphics is RADEON 4870 i am using latest Catalyst 9.8 drivers. I have tried to revert to default windows drivers, but problem still occures.
Please help!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Aug 2009   #2
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Please fill out your system specs so we know what we're working with...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Aug 2009   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Mic43

There is several ways to change the way aero re-acts. We need to know abt your sys specs, Os clean or upgrade

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Aug 2009   #4
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mic43 View Post
Hi there!
I have recently updated my OS from Vista to Windows Professional RTM x64. I have very annoying problem with Aero on my system. Aero interface in Seven is really laggy - this includes showing/hiding taskbar, menus fading , even moving windows around and sometimes using scrollbars. It looks like a FPS drops in animation. On Vista everything was OK, same as when disabling Aero theme.
I googled a lot for this problem, and i am not alone with it, but nobody can solve this issue. My graphics is RADEON 4870 i am using latest Catalyst 9.8 drivers. I have tried to revert to default windows drivers, but problem still occures.
Please help!
Normally when this happens to me, a restart is all that is needed and it fixes itself
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #5
Mic43

Win 7 PRO x64
 
 

Than You all for answers! I filled my specs! OS is clean, not an upgrade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #6
Mic43

Win 7 PRO x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Normally when this happens to me, a restart is all that is needed and it fixes itself
But it happens to me everytime, after booting system, so a restart is not a good idea
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #7
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

Looked at your specs, and it would seem that your problem just might be, you do not have enough ram. You are running a x64 OS, and yes I realize there are some that will say 2 gigs of ram is enough, however, I learned the hard way, and that was I had the same problems you are having. Not saying it is going to help you, albeit it was just the medicine for my system.

Oh, Welcome To The Forums.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #8
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

+1 Lee!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #9
Mic43

Win 7 PRO x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Looked at your specs, and it would seem that your problem just might be, you do not have enough ram. You are running a x64 OS, and yes I realize there are some that will say 2 gigs of ram is enough, however, I learned the hard way, and that was I had the same problems you are having. Not saying it is going to help you, albeit it was just the medicine for my system.

Oh, Welcome To The Forums.
Sorry but i think it is impossible that it can help. How amount of RAM can speed up rendering process done by GPU? System has a lot of free RAM after boot. So even if i have 4 gigs od RAM, problem would still occure when i load more programs into memory. That is impossible i think But than You for answer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Aug 2009   #10
Victek

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mic43 View Post
Sorry but i think it is impossible that it can help. How amount of RAM can speed up rendering process done by GPU? System has a lot of free RAM after boot. So even if i have 4 gigs od RAM, problem would still occure when i load more programs into memory. That is impossible i think But thank You for answer.
.
Something worth checking is disk access and CPU load while you're experiencing the slow GUI performance (open the task manager performance tab). If there is a lot of disk accessing and high CPU load it could cause the poor performance in spite of the strong GPU. That's why adding ram could help. 2 gb is on the low side, especially for x64 IMHO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Aero Lag on good system!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Someone knows a good Aero Snap tweaker app?
Hello everyone I was just thinking if there's an app to tweak aero snap so if I drag the middle "line" (where the two windows combine) for example to the right then the right window will be smaller and the left one will be bigger. I don't know if it helps but the feature is in the Samsung Galaxy...
Software
System freeze on Aero usage
Good evening, I am trying to figure out the problem on a home-built computer running Windows 7 Professional x64. When mousing over a taskbar icon, or the show desktop button (bottom right), or when running the Windows Experience Refresh opration, the system will freeze and never recover. ...
BSOD Help and Support
Aero Theme/Aero system files Crashed.. basic theme only.. plzz help..
Hi, I use win 7 ultimate x64. I had few sudden power cuts... so after restarting the system... it sometimes asked to run automated recovery but i skipped it all the times. But just once after a power cut the machine somehow started automated recovery, started checkin system files.. etc and...
Themes and Styles
My system seems faster when I have Aero Theme on
I find it odd that my overall system speed seems quicker and snappier when I've got Aero enabled compared to using just the basic or classic theme. Why is that anyway ? My system : AMD Athlon TF-20 1.60GHz Single Core ATI Radeon X1200 2X2GB of DDR2 RAM
System Security
Would this system be good for games??
Hey, Basically, getting a desktop with these specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor E7500 (2.93GHz, 1066FSB, 3MB) Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit english(running games on XP mode) 4GB (2X2GB) DDR2 800MHz SDRAM Memory 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
Gaming
Windows 7 on a non-Aero system?
My computer dosent do Aero, probably due to the crappy integrated graphics. Anyway, the question is; what will Seven look like on my computer when I run it without Aero compatible hardware?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App