Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC freezes for few second and then it is fine

25 Apr 2012   #1
archer

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 
PC freezes for few second and then it is fine

Hello All, I am facing this strange issue with my PC. Recently my PC just freezes for a moment and then it comes back to life. This happens when I am watching any video, playing a game. It never happened while I am online surfing (yet).

I did a fresh install of Win 7. Checked for virus, spyware and all other stuff.

Any suggestions?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Apr 2012   #2
archer

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Hello All, I am facing this strange issue with my PC. Recently my PC just freezes for a moment and then it comes back to life. This happens when I am watching any video, playing a game. It never happened while I am online surfing (yet).

I did a fresh install of Win 7. Checked for virus, spyware and all other stuff.

Any suggestions?
no reply guys.....?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2012   #3
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

If the problem is repeatable, you could try a clean start to see if it is a program conflict

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Did the problem start after adding/changing any hardware? This can sometimes be caused by memory timing/voltage issues as well. I see your specs mention a self built PC. Did this issue start right after the new build, or was it working fine until recently? A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Apr 2012   #4
GianniDPC

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Could also be the Hardware heating up to much try looking at the temps with speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan446.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2012   #5
archer

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
If the problem is repeatable, you could try a clean start to see if it is a program conflict

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Did the problem start after adding/changing any hardware? This can sometimes be caused by memory timing/voltage issues as well. I see your specs mention a self built PC. Did this issue start right after the new build, or was it working fine until recently? A Guy
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC View Post
Could also be the Hardware heating up to much try looking at the temps with speedfan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan446.exe
Thanks for the replies guys. I did try a clean start up and that did not help. I also checked the hardware temps. But, all the hardware is properly cooled. PC still hangs for sometime.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC freezes for few second and then it is fine




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BIOS freezes on load, but computer boots fine
Hi, For some time now, my BIOS has stopped working. When i press delete to start the BIOS when i boot, it shows a static white line (no blinking). See this image: Imgur However, if I do not try to get to the BIOS, the computer will boot and work fine, and has worked for over a year without...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD/freezes a few times, then it works fine for a few hours
Hello there. :) I'm looking for help. I've had some problems with my PC this month and I can't really make it work properly. It freezes/crashes/has a BSOD randomly, mostly a few minutes after it starts. It seems like it isn't caused by overheating since these errors appear independently of stress...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows Media Player Video Freezes Audio Fine
I have a problem with playing a high definition video that I rendered using Sony Vegas 12. This problem only recently arose. I can play videos that I have rendered from After Effects CS6 perfectly fine. Here are the two video details: -- After Effects Rendered -- Length: 04:56 Frame Size:...
Music, Pictures & Video
Win 7 laptop freezes on boot with 2 sticks of ram, but fine with 1
Hi have a PB SW51 laptop, AMD Turion 64, 2gb DDR2 ram. It has been running windows 7 32bit fine for over a year now. Foolishly I decided to give Win 7 64bit a try. The installation went like clockwork until final reboot to start windows (after installation complete) The splash screen...
Installation & Setup
Windows starts up, is fine for two minutes, then freezes.
When I start up windows it loads up normally but after about two minutes whatever I am doing freezes and not long after that the task bar freezes too but i can still move my mouse. The computer has been like this for two days. It has been normal before this happened. I just turned on my computer...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56.
Twitter Facebook Google+