Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't rate system in windows experience

10 Oct 2009   #21
Edebarudo

Windows 7 Professional x86, build 7600
 
 
No result...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Edebarudo View Post
2040680 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:4736: ERROR: Unable to save validated results.
2040727 (2964) - winsat\syspowertools.cpp:1015: > Set the active power scheme to 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e'
2040727 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2855: > Power state restored.
2040727 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2870: > Successfully reenabled EMD.
2040742 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2896: > Composition restarted
2040742 (2964) - winsat\watchdog.cpp:0311: Watch dog system shutdown
2040758 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:4909: > exit value = 1.
You want to google the highlighted line
I googled it, but I didn't find anything useful... Just a couple russian pages and some non-essential stuff...

Do anyone know why I can't save the results of the WEI?

Cheers!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Oct 2009   #22
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Have you tried to reset and re-run the WEI?


Control Panel, Action Center, View Performance Info, Advanced Tools, Clear all WEI Scores and re-rate the System.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2009   #23
Edebarudo

Windows 7 Professional x86, build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Have you tried to reset and re-run the WEI?
Yep. Tried it a couple of times, still get the same, weird error message...

Anyone else willing to give it a try?

Cheerios!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Oct 2009   #24
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Edebarudo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Have you tried to reset and re-run the WEI?
Yep. Tried it a couple of times, still get the same, weird error message...

Anyone else willing to give it a try?

Cheerios!
E

we cant beat this as long as you want to but I suspect the only way you are going to get it back is to do a clean install.

Let us know what you want to do

ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Oct 2009   #25
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Edebarudo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Edebarudo View Post
2040680 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:4736: ERROR: Unable to save validated results.
2040727 (2964) - winsat\syspowertools.cpp:1015: > Set the active power scheme to 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e'
2040727 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2855: > Power state restored.
2040727 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2870: > Successfully reenabled EMD.
2040742 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:2896: > Composition restarted
2040742 (2964) - winsat\watchdog.cpp:0311: Watch dog system shutdown
2040758 (2964) - winsat\main.cpp:4909: > exit value = 1.
You want to google the highlighted line
I googled it, but I didn't find anything useful... Just a couple russian pages and some non-essential stuff...

Do anyone know why I can't save the results of the WEI?

Cheers!
first thought is this has to be a driver issue, second thought is what antivirus are you running ?

have you tried unninstalling everything non essential ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2009   #26
Edebarudo

Windows 7 Professional x86, build 7600
 
 
NOD32

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
first thought is this has to be a driver issue, second thought is what antivirus are you running ?

have you tried unninstalling everything non essential ?
I'm running Eset NOD32, and I've ried to update and downdate all the drivers I can come up with...

Maybe the WEI isn't just for me?

Cheersy!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2009   #27
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

have you tried unninstalling NOD 32 ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2009   #28
Edebarudo

Windows 7 Professional x86, build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
E

we cant beat this as long as you want to but I suspect the only way you are going to get it back is to do a clean install.

Let us know what you want to do

ken
So I should re-install Windows 7 to get it to work? It seems to me that the WEI is too much trouble for the worth..?

I'll see what I'll do. I've installed a lot of programs, so I don't know if it's worth it...

Cheers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2009   #29
Edebarudo

Windows 7 Professional x86, build 7600
 
 
Uninstalling NOD?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
have you tried unninstalling NOD 32 ?
Nope, but I think the WEI failed already before I installed NOD32... Should I try it anyway?

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2009   #30
xyxer

windows 7 x64
 
 
same problem

same problem same error intel p55 gigabyte p55m-ud4 windows 7 x64 . Seems to me like something with intel matrix storage driver or chipset driver is wonky. My wife's X58 system
completes the WEI perfectly with nearly same hardware except chipset. On the other hand the p55 has failed me with acronis of x58 + new drivers and fresh brand new from scratch install. Shucks MS has dropped the ball here it seems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't rate system in windows experience




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed
Hello, I am using a work provided laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit) installed. I booted up my laptop and in was in classic view and my wireless was not working along with some other features too. I right-clicked and went to "Personalize" and then it said "Troubleshoot problems with...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows Experience Index for your system could not be Computer.Err
When i updated my drivers(manually) (video card). The ratings were greyed out, so i tried to refresh it but it cannot be refreshed. Please can some one help to get it back working.? The video drivers in the windows update list is showing failure..but i have updated them manually...i think that...
Performance & Maintenance
Cannot rate Windows Experience Index
Not it is important but very strange. I have try this command to see whats wrong: WINSAT CPU -COMPRESSION -V WinSAT (Windows Experience Index) system rating will not run (Windows Vista / Microsoft Windows 7).. If you see the following error: "ERROR: cannot process assessment results...
Performance & Maintenance
My experience index doesn't do anything when i click rate
Does anyone have any idea what i could do to get it to work?
Performance & Maintenance
windows experience index for your system could not be c
C;drive is Vista Home premium.Second Drive is Drive A: on this drive I'm running 2 WDC WD 10EACS Drives, 1 TB> each,yes this is a dualboot On my A; drive I'm running Windows 7.7600ex..This could be a easy fix if I could find it,.The windows experience index is looking to place a file on Drive...
General Discussion
Off Topic - Rate you OS experience
I want to bring up an off the topic subject. If you had to rate Vista, and XP. Which would you prefer? If ... @Work: @Home: Thanks.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App