Show Us Your WEI


  1. Posts : 4,573
       #1441

    fseal said:
    Actually you might be surprised at how often parts of your harddrive die during normal operation. In fact they frequently ship with dead spots on them from the factory. The drive works around them. And with wear leveling on the SSD drives. they are about equal in reliability to a mechanical drive at this point in time. (Assuming the upper set of quality drives).
    +1 There are no physically perfect HDDs. Not one. Yet they remain a solid reliable technology with many years of usefulness remaining.

    I still need a viable replacement though for long-term storage of my several TB of home video and jpegs.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 524
    Windows 7 SP1 x64
       #1442

    Antman said:
    fseal said:
    Actually you might be surprised at how often parts of your harddrive die during normal operation. In fact they frequently ship with dead spots on them from the factory. The drive works around them. And with wear leveling on the SSD drives. they are about equal in reliability to a mechanical drive at this point in time. (Assuming the upper set of quality drives).
    +1 There are no physically perfect HDDs. Not one. Yet they remain a solid reliable technology with many years of usefulness remaining.

    I still need a viable replacement though for long-term storage of my several TB of home video and jpegs.
    Hey nothing is perfect...even our complex brains loose brain cell every day...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 71
    64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate (Free from Windows 7 Launch Event)
       #1443

    Difference Between 32bit and 64bit


    Today I changed to 64 bit 7 and I see a decrease from 32bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your WEI-windows-experience-index-32bit-64bit-comparison-9-4-9.jpg  
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,573
       #1444

    BruhthaKuga said:
    Today I changed to 64 bit 7 and I see a decrease from 32bit.
    Your RAM score dropped because you have a less than optimal amount - a sufficient amount, yes, optimal, no. Your HDD score may reflect that.

    The score doesn't matter. Your user experience does. Most users (not video/audio editors, for example) will not SEE or FEEL any difference.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 71
    64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate (Free from Windows 7 Launch Event)
       #1445

    I was just looking at more RAM but am not sure what to do, one extra one G stick of the same kind is $23 delivered and another 3GB pack is $66. One thought is to wait till I can afford the 3G or get one every now and then but ? ? ? ? on the other hand. . there is the getting of a 2GB stick of the same family for $46 every now and then?

    I wonder if I can sell a kidney on ebay? . . I think i'll sell the kid with the lowest grades, yea, that's it.
    HEY JUNIOR! I GOT GOOD NEWS, YOU'RE GOING ON VACATION!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 22,814
    W 7 64-bit Ultimate
    Thread Starter
       #1446

    BruhthaKuga said:
    I was just looking at more RAM but am not sure what to do, one extra one G stick of the same kind is $23 delivered and another 3GB pack is $66. One thought is to wait till I can afford the 3G or get one every now and then but ? ? ? ? on the other hand. . there is the getting of a 2GB stick of the same family for $46 every now and then?

    I wonder if I can sell a kidney on ebay? . . I think i'll sell the kid with the lowest grades, yea, that's it.
    HEY JUNIOR! I GOT GOOD NEWS, YOU'RE GOING ON VACATION!
    I know someone that may be interested in that kidney, let me know when you post it on eBay.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 650
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #1447

    Antman said:
    On my machine, the keyboard is the slowest component. It even produces quite a few untrapped errors that I get blamed for. What is MS trying to hide by leaving that vital component out of WEI?
    Hoping to distract you from the fact that your mouse is plotting against you and that the monitor is in on it also.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 87
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
       #1448

    not bad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your WEI-capture.png  
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 190
    windows 8.1 Pro x64
       #1449

    BruhthaKuga said:
    Today I changed to 64 bit 7 and I see a decrease from 32bit.

    That's weird but I think Antman is correct. I've tried both on a couple of PC's and x64 always scored .1 higher on the cpu and mem. They all had 4GB ram though
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 393
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #1450

    kidneys for sale? I need a new one.

    my score is 3.5 for video and everything else is about 4.7. I have played around with video settings and with score doesn't change but I can go from 18FPS to 81 FPS just with a slider from high quality to high performance.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.
Find Us