Show Us Your WEI


  1. Posts : 4
    Win Pro
       #1671

    Here is mine with Win7 Pro.

    The ATI Radeon 5850 graphics card score seems a bit daft really, a point lower than my three year old nVidia 8800GTS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your WEI-wei.jpg  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 36
    W7
       #1672

    Win7 Home and the 7th incarnation of my on-going computer construction project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your WEI-score.jpg  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 333
    Linux (Debian, Android)
       #1673

    EasterEEL said:
    Here is mine with Win7 Pro.

    The ATI Radeon 5850 graphics card score seems a bit daft really, a point lower than my three year old nVidia 8800GTS
    Do you have the correct drivers? The DX version is listed as 10. People are getting 7.7-7.8 with HD 5850s. Also are you using the RTM?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 75
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #1674

    Windows 7 64 Ultimate


    Not bad.

    4870 is quite fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Us Your WEI-wei.jpg  
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 22,814
    W 7 64-bit Ultimate
    Thread Starter
       #1675

    Hello lovish, EasterEEL and Keln, welcome to Seven Forums!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 458
    Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
       #1676

    Bare Foot Kid said:
    Hello DKasler, welcome to Seven Forums!



    bloke said:
    or invest in sata3 hardware and wait for sata3 ssd'd for the ultimate in performance

    oh and of course sata3 is completely backward compatible with 1/2 and also uses the same cable setup as sata1/2.
    Hey Bloke, do you know of other mobos that support SATA 3.0, this is the only one I've found so far.

    Asus’ P6X58 Premium motherboard comes with SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) support
    Hey BFK. no i dont know of others supporting s3. i didnt know of Asus releasing one either. but we all know Asus usually has a heavy price tag, and personally i have become a EVGA fan since getting my 790i FTW Digital PWM. I was once an Asus fan tho, and my HDAV 1.3 Deluxe poops all over my creative platinum, so i guess i am still a bit of an Asus fan.lol.
    i sorta stumbled upon the sata3 news by random the other day and thought i would post it up in case anyone might be interested in it, as it will be apart of the WEI eventually.

    i suppose you could buy a sata2 ssd now, but at the end of the day, sata3 will soon become the new standard just like sata did opposed to ata. i just think it would be wiser to invest in new upcoming tech rather than buying still 'todays' tech. if you keep your sata2 drive(s) and get hold of a sata3 m/board, all you have to do is wait till they release the sata3 ssd's. and lets face it sata2 ssd's are rather pricey ATM, and so will sata3 drives when they are released. but at least your 'ready' for the news when its out.

    Windows 7 will always update the WEI when Microsoft recognizes newer technology, that way when sata3 is 'the standard' for example, to get close to 7.9 on the scale you would have to have, say, a sata3 ssd raid0 setup so nobody will be able to get an easy and 'cheap' 7.9 score on the board. hence microsoft is supporting vendors in releasing newer technology, in turn making BIG $$$, which is part the reason why Nvidia went 'partnership' in helping the creation of the Win7 project. It is also part the reason why pc vendors jumped at the first 22-Oct chance of putting Win7 OEM on pc's, not just because its a great OS, but because the hope of 'always upgrading' to get the max on the score board, once the supposed new GT300 GPU's are released, chances are, those that are scoring 7.9 or so with quad SLI setups or TRI's their WEI rating will drop to make way for the GT300's. its a rather easy to see table. its all about $$$. "if your not getting 7.9 in WEI, then upgrade NOW!!" lmao.
    Here in Australia, there was a HUGE pile of AD's made for television upon the OEM release of 7, pc manufacturers making a milestone jump to choose win7 as the future proof OS. but for some reason, they always say at the end of the AD that "im a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"??? WTH is that meant to mean exactly? that they were using our feedback to create a new OS??? at the end of the day, they had to make a new OS as there were not enough converting from xp to vista due to its minor flaws, and loosing out more $$$.

    anyways sorry for my dribble. off topic for the last time here, if anyone has knowledge of a good P2P win7 release of the official 'final' (not 7600 85 as im using that) could they please PM me. will be very gratful .

    Rick.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #1677

    bloke said:
    I just think it would be wiser to invest in new upcoming tech rather than buying still 'todays' tech. if you keep your sata2 drive(s) and get hold of a sata3 m/board, all you have to do is wait till they release the sata3 ssd's. and lets face it sata2 ssd's are rather pricey ATM, and so will sata3 drives when they are released. but at least your 'ready' for the news when its out.
    I'm generally the type who likes to stay back a level or two and save some cash. I just usually rebuild a new PC every couple of years and then upgrade all of the other PC's in the house.

    bloke said:
    Windows 7 will always update the WEI when Microsoft recognizes newer technology, that way when sata3 is 'the standard' for example, to get close to 7.9 on the scale you would have to have, say, a sata3 ssd raid0 setup so nobody will be able to get an easy and 'cheap' 7.9 score on the board. hence microsoft is supporting vendors in releasing newer technology, in turn making BIG $$$,
    I would really hope that people aren't spending actual money in an attempt to get that WEI number higher. I've got pretty decent scores...but my decision to get an SSD had nothing to do with the WEI score. And even though I only got a 7.4 or 7.5....I'm not inclined to do anything to get that number up to a 7.9. That's just silly.


    bloke said:
    anyways sorry for my dribble. off topic for the last time here, if anyone has knowledge of a good P2P win7 release of the official 'final' (not 7600 85 as im using that) could they please PM me. will be very gratful .
    Quickest way to get banned from this board is to openly discuss piracy. Just buy a copy if you want it so bad....otherwise use what you got or find free alternatives.

    Rick.[/QUOTE]
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 458
    Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
       #1678

    pparks1 said:
    bloke said:
    bloke said:
    Windows 7 will always update the WEI when Microsoft recognizes newer technology, that way when sata3 is 'the standard' for example, to get close to 7.9 on the scale you would have to have, say, a sata3 ssd raid0 setup so nobody will be able to get an easy and 'cheap' 7.9 score on the board. hence microsoft is supporting vendors in releasing newer technology, in turn making BIG $$$,
    I would really hope that people aren't spending actual money in an attempt to get that WEI number higher. I've got pretty decent scores...but my decision to get an SSD had nothing to do with the WEI score. And even though I only got a 7.4 or 7.5....I'm not inclined to do anything to get that number up to a 7.9. That's just silly.
    Still its an idea that i think they would hope end users would use the WEI in cases like that. my system rates 7.5/7.5/7.8/7.8/5.9 5.9 being my hdd of course (good ol mechanical seagate 40NS 1tb) that just about beats the raptors with slightly higher access. but my system runs great regardless what WEI says. i just think they hope there are some noobs out there that think they must upgrade to get a higher WEI. and lets face it, they know that there are millions of ppl like us that are on forums comparing scores on various tests within Windows, with the thought in the back of some of our minds like 'i wish i had a 7.9 system'. lol
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4
    Windows 7 RC
       #1679

    A much better score


    Thanks to those who responded to me. :)

    After installing the full version of Windows 7 Pro, I'm much happier with my score. The memory is still a touch low, but I plan to snag 2 more gigs from NewEgg when I have a few bucks in my pocket. Anything beyond that would involve a pretty significant investment ($45 for 2 gigs of gskill ram works for me, though :) ).

    Here are my stats with the brand-spakin'-new WEI evaluation:

      My Computer


  10. Posts : 458
    Windows 7 7600 x64 (16385) Ultimate,Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
       #1680

    OwenKealy said:
    Thanks to those who responded to me. :)

    After installing the full version of Windows 7 Pro, I'm much happier with my score. The memory is still a touch low, but I plan to snag 2 more gigs from NewEgg when I have a few bucks in my pocket. Anything beyond that would involve a pretty significant investment ($45 for 2 gigs of gskill ram works for me, though :) ).

    Here are my stats with the brand-spakin'-new WEI evaluation:

    HEY thats heaps better! and the Gskill ram is fantastic value for performance. i know cos i got 8gb of the stuff! are you running 32bit or 64bit?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.
Find Us