Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Many Fonts Not Working in Windows 7

01 Sep 2017   #11
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi Wolfreich,

That log is incomplete its missing a chunk of data.
the SLIC table also appears corrupt.

IF you removed any of it prior to posting please rerun the tool with the Licencing data section included.

If NOT removed/omitted then the install is corrupt.

Note
Use the product key thats on the COA sticker.

please also post the CBS log.


Roy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Sep 2017   #12
wolfreich

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wolfreich View Post
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-Q6MMK-KYK6X-VKM6G
Windows Product Key Hash: 289NoAWl2ZoVfuieux/315WkDIc=
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001
ID: {ADA73E35-7577-447B-B094-AEFD9BADC014}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_ldr.170707-0600
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Word 2007 - 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005_E2AD56EA-765-800a_E2AD56EA-766-191_E2AD56EA-148-80004005_16E0B333-89-80004005_B4D0AA8B-1029-80004005

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{ADA73E35-7577-447B-B094-AEFD9BADC014}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VKM6G</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00173</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3029281650-1430048941-1997643684</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>K42F</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>502</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110729000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>31073C07018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>_ASUS_</OEMID><OEMTableID>Notebook</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-001B-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Word 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>BCD72299F752D86</Val><Hash>068lO0ay6rs9LAvgHDhjVT63wL4=</Hash><Pid>89407-707-6552566-63579</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->


Windows Activation Technologies-->
HrOffline: 0x00000000
HrOnline: 0x00000000
HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
Event Time Stamp: 8:5:2017 02:21
ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
HealthStatus Bitmask Output:


HWID Data-->
HWID Hash Current: KgAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAABAAAAAQABAAEAln2khfZ7ACkWGKK8jCmoBlxd

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
Windows marker version: 0x20001
OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
BIOS Information:
ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
APIC _ASUS_ _ASUS_
FACP _ASUS_ _ASUS_
HPET _ASUS_ _ASUS_
MCFG _ASUS_ _ASUS_
ECDT _ASUS_ _ASUS_
SLIC _ASUS_ Notebook
SSDT PmRef CpuPm




THANKS!
I can usually troubleshoot any of my issues with the help of the internet, but I have no idea what this means...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2017   #13
wolfreich

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Hi Wolfreich,

That log is incomplete its missing a chunk of data.
the SLIC table also appears corrupt.

IF you removed any of it prior to posting please rerun the tool with the Licencing data section included.

If NOT removed/omitted then the install is corrupt.

Note
Use the product key thats on the COA sticker.

please also post the CBS log.


Roy
I just clicked the "copy" button...

I used the product key on the bottom of my laptop.

CBS log?

Does this work?

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-Q6MMK-KYK6X-VKM6G
Windows Product Key Hash: 289NoAWl2ZoVfuieux/315WkDIc=
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001
ID: {ADA73E35-7577-447B-B094-AEFD9BADC014}(3)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_ldr.170707-0600
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Word 2007 - 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005_E2AD56EA-765-b01a_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-148-80004005_16E0B333-89-80004005_B4D0AA8B-1029-80004005

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{ADA73E35-7577-447B-B094-AEFD9BADC014}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.001</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VKM6G</PKey><PID>00426-OEM-8992662-00173</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3029281650-1430048941-1997643684</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>K42F</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>502</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110729000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>31073C07018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>_ASUS_</OEMID><OEMTableID>Notebook</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-001B-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Word 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>BCD72299F752D86</Val><Hash>068lO0ay6rs9LAvgHDhjVT63wL4=</Hash><Pid>89407-707-6552566-63579</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->


Windows Activation Technologies-->
HrOffline: 0x00000000
HrOnline: 0x00000000
HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
Event Time Stamp: 8:5:2017 02:21
ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
HealthStatus Bitmask Output:


HWID Data-->
HWID Hash Current: KgAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAABAAAAAQABAAEAln2khfZ7ACkWGKK8jCmoBlxd

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
Windows marker version: 0x20001
OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
BIOS Information:
ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
APIC _ASUS_ _ASUS_
FACP _ASUS_ _ASUS_
HPET _ASUS_ _ASUS_
MCFG _ASUS_ _ASUS_
ECDT _ASUS_ _ASUS_
SLIC _ASUS_ Notebook
SSDT PmRef CpuPm
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2017   #14
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi Wolfreich,

can you post the log
it can be found here
C >> Windows >> Logs >> CBS - SURT.

I wouldn't be surprised if that comp is not updating, as part of the missing chunk has to do with licencing.
Missing data should be like this

Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
Activation ID: 7cfd4696-69a9-4af7-af36-ff3d12b6b6c8
Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
Extended PID: 00426-00178-926-600173-02-1026-7601.0000-2902015
Installation ID: 018853889775709451493555858775819374297524843075637924
Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341
Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340
Partial Product Key: VKM6G
License Status: Licensed
Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
Trusted time: 21.11.2015 г. 20:01:31

The SLIC table should look like this

APIC _ASUS_ Notebook
FACP _ASUS_ Notebook
DBGP _ASUS_ Notebook
HPET _ASUS_ Notebook
MCFG _ASUS_ Notebook
ECDT _ASUS_ Notebook
SLIC _ASUS_ Notebook


That code would NOT be on the COA sticker, its the bulk standard factory installed key
2Y4WT-DHTBF-Q6MMK-KYK6X-VKM6G
The product ID type also tells me its NOT a COA key
The COA key is unique - for back-up. NEVER post it.

Quote
I can usually troubleshoot any of my issues with the help of the internet, but I have no idea what this
means...

Did you modify the Bios/EUFI/ACHI as part of the upgrade 10 -- reinstall 7 process

That comp came with W7 if the COA sticker states Ultimate use the code on it if it states another version then you will have to use that. clean install will be required

A piccy of the COA would be handy OBSCURE the first 3 sets of the key.

Roy


Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2017   #15
wolfreich

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Hi Wolfreich,

can you post the log
it can be found here
C >> Windows >> Logs >> CBS - SURT.

I wouldn't be surprised if that comp is not updating, as part of the missing chunk has to do with licencing.
Missing data should be like this

Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
Activation ID: 7cfd4696-69a9-4af7-af36-ff3d12b6b6c8
Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
Extended PID: 00426-00178-926-600173-02-1026-7601.0000-2902015
Installation ID: 018853889775709451493555858775819374297524843075637924
Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341
Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340
Partial Product Key: VKM6G
License Status: Licensed
Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
Trusted time: 21.11.2015 г. 20:01:31

The SLIC table should look like this

APIC _ASUS_ Notebook
FACP _ASUS_ Notebook
DBGP _ASUS_ Notebook
HPET _ASUS_ Notebook
MCFG _ASUS_ Notebook
ECDT _ASUS_ Notebook
SLIC _ASUS_ Notebook


That code would NOT be on the COA sticker, its the bulk standard factory installed key
2Y4WT-DHTBF-Q6MMK-KYK6X-VKM6G
The product ID type also tells me its NOT a COA key
The COA key is unique - for back-up. NEVER post it.

Quote
I can usually troubleshoot any of my issues with the help of the internet, but I have no idea what this
means...

Did you modify the Bios/EUFI/ACHI as part of the upgrade 10 -- reinstall 7 process

That comp came with W7 if the COA sticker states Ultimate use the code on it if it states another version then you will have to use that. clean install will be required

A piccy of the COA would be handy OBSCURE the first 3 sets of the key.

Roy


Roy
C >> Windows >> Logs >> CBS - SURT

This does not exist.

There is a "CheckSUR"? Is that the same thing?

I really do not understand all the other stuff. I have fixed many problems over the years on my own, but am not really a tech guy.

Like I said in the first post, I had Win7, did the free upgrade to Win10, it was horrible (insanely slow to the point of unusablity), went back to Win7, but was not allowed by Microsoft! So I had to buy a Win7 install disc. That is it. I am not capable of modifying anything.

Seems many people online have random issues with fonts showing up as squares. You think there would have been a fix.

I had no issues with fonts before.

Oh. I also got a new HDD. If that matters? So I have a new HDD and a fresh install of Win7. Not sure if it was Win10 or just chance, but after Win10, my HDD was basically dead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2017   #16
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi Wolfrich,

As i said in my first post i believe the media is corrupt.

here is a link for a W7 SP1 x64, download it and burn it to CD,or to a 4GB+ USB.
perform a clean install DO NOT input your key during install
(retail PRO version - you will need to upgrade it to Ultilmate via Windows Anytime upgrade, control panel option)

Note the link is only valid for 24hrs

https://software-download.microsoft....ed1eafc3498f13


Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2017   #17
wolfreich

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Hi Wolfrich,

As i said in my first post i believe the media is corrupt.

here is a link for a W7 SP1 x64, download it and burn it to CD,or to a 4GB+ USB.
perform a clean install DO NOT input your key during install
(retail PRO version - you will need to upgrade it to Ultilmate via Windows Anytime upgrade, control panel option)

Note the link is only valid for 24hrs

https://software-download.microsoft....ed1eafc3498f13


Roy
Thank you. Downloading it. But how can I run it without the key? That is forbidden, no?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2017   #18
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi Wolfreich,

Your OK for 28 days, comes as standard for W7
basically a trial period

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2017   #19
wolfreich

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Hi Wolfreich,

Your OK for 28 days, comes as standard for W7
basically a trial period

Roy
What would I do after 28 days though?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2017   #20
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

You input the code you have on the bottom of your computer.
COA key for that version

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Many Fonts Not Working in Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Title fonts in all web browsers viewing as open face fonts error
This started around the 1st of September. It seems like the title/headline fonts across all browsers, Firefox, IE and Chrome, has changed to an open face style font. I'm note sure what font it is. There was a windows update KB 2993651 that corresponded to my issue. I did a system restore to a...
Browsers & Mail
Control Panel -> Fonts Folder: Some Fonts Display Strangely
I am running Win 7 Pro 64-bit with 24GB memory and lots of disk with a Dual Core i7 930. When I go to Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Fonts I see file icons, most of which have examples of the fonts they represent. The hidden fonts are grayed out. But I have a significant number of fonts...
General Discussion
Web Browser fonts changed after installing new fonts to computer
Recently I installed two fonts onto computer for Typography, and upon doing so the fonts changed on Google Chrome and Firefox to this bold font. It appears to be the default font as before, just in bold now. I've tried checking the browsers font settings, and they're at the settings they were...
Browsers & Mail
Microsoft Updates Core System Fonts To Fix Blurred Fonts Issues
Source A Guy
Browsers & Mail
Extracting fonts to c:/windows/fonts - its not there?
ehh I got it, I had to save it to desk top & drag & drop which doesnt make any sense.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+