Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SFC /scannow unable to repair corrupted files, any knock-on effects?

22 Sep 2017   #1
user6m7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
SFC /scannow unable to repair corrupted files, any knock-on effects?

Hi all, I've been running SFC regularly on my Dell Inspiron 7520 (W7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit) after a rather nasty experience with logonui.exe and crypt32.dll. No problems reported from when I managed to get it running again two weeks ago till a few minutes ago. I've copied and pasted the relevant stuff from the CBS.LOG file.

I ran one yesterday without problems, and the only changes I've made to my PC is installing a couple of security updates and updates for W7; I steered clear of all .NET Framework updates and any updates after December 2014. I ran SeaTools on my internal HDD (long generic aborted because it stopped responding) for about 5 hours before this /scannow if that affects things somehow.

How do I go about repairing the files without resorting to a repair installation or anything of the sort? Also, I leave the files as they are, will I be in danger of being unable to boot yet again? I should mention as well that I don't have Dell's Windows 7 reinstallation disc, but I do have a generic Windows 7 disc from Microsoft.

Attached are pictures of the updates I've installed (or tried to) thus far.





Code:
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000030c [SR] Verify complete
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000030d [SR] Repairing 2 components
2017-09-23 
04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000030e [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair 
transaction
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000030f Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_eventviewersettings.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_f326e41ead956612\miguiresource.dll.mui 
do not match actual file [l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" :
  Found: 
{l:32 b:qF0Asj0mQtQx6pnbBrWHavQiVE+sfmX7f93zzV3S164=} Expected: {l:32 
b:cBOqNU1pGHO6oNNXFXTMwLFhKDcmzSxnQSya5nhXumM=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000310 [SR] Cannot repair member file 
[l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" of EventViewerSettings.Resources, Version = 
6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = 
[l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 
b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the 
store, hash mismatch
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000311 Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_6e18bc60a12bbb18\sensrsvc.dll 
do not match actual file [l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 
b:UB+uCT4pXuiSfCs3b95IKJhvmDpr6AIWcr2WvEVjm84=} Expected: {l:32 
b:i4pqM+eKEvsF4psuJ3WFBiZXSv0u+IdI1l5pCgexC40=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000312 [SR] Cannot repair member file 
[l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Sensors-Service, Version 
= 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, 
VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type 
neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash 
mismatch
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000313 Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_6e18bc60a12bbb18\sensrsvc.dll 
do not match actual file [l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 
b:UB+uCT4pXuiSfCs3b95IKJhvmDpr6AIWcr2WvEVjm84=} Expected: {l:32 
b:i4pqM+eKEvsF4psuJ3WFBiZXSv0u+IdI1l5pCgexC40=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000314 [SR] Cannot repair member file 
[l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Sensors-Service, Version 
= 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, 
VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type 
neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash 
mismatch
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000315 [SR] This component was referenced by 
[l:224{112}]"Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-Client-Sensors-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.MobilePC-Client-Sensors"
2017-09-23 
04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000316 Hashes for file member 
\??\C:\Windows\System32\sensrsvc.dll do not match actual file 
[l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 
b:UB+uCT4pXuiSfCs3b95IKJhvmDpr6AIWcr2WvEVjm84=} Expected: {l:32 
b:i4pqM+eKEvsF4psuJ3WFBiZXSv0u+IdI1l5pCgexC40=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000317 Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-m..epc-sensors-service_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_6e18bc60a12bbb18\sensrsvc.dll 
do not match actual file [l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 
b:UB+uCT4pXuiSfCs3b95IKJhvmDpr6AIWcr2WvEVjm84=} Expected: {l:32 
b:i4pqM+eKEvsF4psuJ3WFBiZXSv0u+IdI1l5pCgexC40=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000318 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file 
[ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:24{12}]"sensrsvc.dll"; source 
file in store is also corrupted
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    00000319 Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_eventviewersettings.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_f326e41ead956612\miguiresource.dll.mui 
do not match actual file [l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" :
  Found: 
{l:32 b:qF0Asj0mQtQx6pnbBrWHavQiVE+sfmX7f93zzV3S164=} Expected: {l:32 
b:cBOqNU1pGHO6oNNXFXTMwLFhKDcmzSxnQSya5nhXumM=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031a [SR] Cannot repair member file 
[l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" of EventViewerSettings.Resources, Version = 
6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = 
[l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 
b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the 
store, hash mismatch
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031b [SR] This component was referenced by 
[l:266{133}]"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7601.17514.Windows 
Foundation Language Pack"
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031c Hashes for file member 
\??\C:\Windows\System32\en-US\miguiresource.dll.mui do not match actual file 
[l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" :
  Found: {l:32 
b:qF0Asj0mQtQx6pnbBrWHavQiVE+sfmX7f93zzV3S164=} Expected: {l:32 
b:cBOqNU1pGHO6oNNXFXTMwLFhKDcmzSxnQSya5nhXumM=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031d Hashes for file member 
\SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_eventviewersettings.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_f326e41ead956612\miguiresource.dll.mui 
do not match actual file [l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui" :
  Found: 
{l:32 b:qF0Asj0mQtQx6pnbBrWHavQiVE+sfmX7f93zzV3S164=} Expected: {l:32 
b:cBOqNU1pGHO6oNNXFXTMwLFhKDcmzSxnQSya5nhXumM=}
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file 
[ml:520{260},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\en-US"\[l:42{21}]"miguiresource.dll.mui"; 
source file in store is also corrupted
2017-09-23 04:32:01, 
Info                  
CSI    0000031f Repair results created:



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2017   #2
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Hello and welcome user mate when you ran the sfc did you run it for three consecutive runsa s soem advise this to be done like that .

Now if there is still problems then I suggest you follow up the sfc with this
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f switch and if this does not make any improvement then just run this switch instead /r in the command line as per Option2



I am curious too that you are not running an AV you should really even if as you probably know none of the AV''sare foolproof.


so try these

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If you are running Kaspersky as the main AV then it might need disabling it when trying ADW because it does not like it at times)

If you decide to get an AV there are plenty of good free ones but if you want to carry on without one then that's your choice albeit - and I am not trying to be rude - a little foolhardy.

So if you change your mind we can put you onto some good free ones unless you would prefer a paid for software.

One last thing can you tell us why you have avoided the .NET framework updates because they are in essence frameworks for other stuff to work on??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2017   #3
user6m7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICIT2LOL View Post
Hello and welcome user mate when you ran the sfc did you run it for three consecutive runsa s soem advise this to be done like that .

Now if there is still problems then I suggest you follow up the sfc with this
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f switch and if this does not make any improvement then just run this switch instead /r in the command line as per Option2





I am curious too that you are not running an AV you should really even if as you probably know none of the AV''sare foolproof.



so try these


http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If you are running Kaspersky as the main AV then it might need disabling it when trying ADW because it does not like it at times)

If you decide to get an AV there are plenty of good free ones but if you want to carry on without one then that's your choice albeit - and I am not trying to be rude - a little foolhardy.

So if you change your mind we can put you onto some good free ones unless you would prefer a paid for software.

One last thing can you tell us why you have avoided the .NET framework updates because they are in essence frameworks for other stuff to work on??
Hi there, thanks for your response. I've just run it thrice and same results still I'm afraid. I ran CHKDSK through the Command Prompt while booted into W7 (without /F) and it says no problems were found. Should I attempt CHKDSK /R anyway?

As for no AV, a friend had Malwarebytes installed on his W8 PC and it ended up making a mess of his DLLs as well. I did consider downloading MSE but as I simply cannot remember what caused my Dell to crash, I'd rather not take the risks. Ditto for the .NET updates, this is based on Brian Krebs's advice quoted in the article. https://www.computerworld.com/articl...a-problem.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Sep 2017   #4
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

NO amount of running SFC will clear all those errors.

You could run SURT, KB947821, it might clear some more of them. (1)

There are 2 types of errors
System
Windows Update (1)

Judging by the Update logs you provided, id say this was a VERY, possibly an image, recent install of W7
If it occured on your last run, i suspect that updates installed prior to the 22nd sept are causing some of these

The system errors, .dll, are a different matter and these need to be replaced, possibly caused by
the logonui.exe and crypt32.dl infection clean-up

Post the results of SURT, they will be in the CBS folder

You are also running Windows Defender, not MSE

Would also suggest you run
http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe
A back-up tool for SURT, copy/paste the output
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
A infection detection tool, copy/paste BOTH logs.

Roy








PENDING
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2017   #5
user6m7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
NO amount of running SFC will clear all those errors.

You could run SURT, KB947821, it might clear some more of them. (1)

There are 2 types of errors
System
Windows Update (1)

Judging by the Update logs you provided, id say this was a VERY, possibly an image, recent install of W7
If it occured on your last run, i suspect that updates installed prior to the 22nd sept are causing some of these

The system errors, .dll, are a different matter and these need to be replaced, possibly caused by
the logonui.exe and crypt32.dl infection clean-up

Post the results of SURT, they will be in the CBS folder

You are also running Windows Defender, not MSE

Would also suggest you run
http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe
A back-up tool for SURT, copy/paste the output
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Download
A infection detection tool, copy/paste BOTH logs.

Roy









PENDING

Hi Roy, thanks for your response. I've downloaded KB947821 and applied it. Have also attached the relevant logs.


Attached Files
File Type: txt SFCFix.txt (2.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt FRST_23-09-2017 20.49.02.txt (84.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Addition_23-09-2017 20.49.02.txt (28.6 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2017   #6
user6m7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I just ran a full scan on Windows Defender and there are no signs of infection apparently.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2017   #7
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi User6m7,

Please run SURT, kb947821 and post the results please

The error in sfcfix, may be fixed when you run SURT.

Farbar
Its showing remnants of Mcafee, please run thier uninstaller
https://mcafee-removal-tool.com/

there are a few gui not containing data but nothing to worry about

The only interesting one is for insyde, <===== Attension
i know that its used for bios updating if Dell use it im not sure, can you confirm

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2017   #8
user6m7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
Hi User6m7,

Please run SURT, kb947821 and post the results please

The error in sfcfix, may be fixed when you run SURT.

Farbar
Its showing remnants of Mcafee, please run thier uninstaller
https://mcafee-removal-tool.com/

there are a few gui not containing data but nothing to worry about

The only interesting one is for insyde, <===== Attension
i know that its used for bios updating if Dell use it im not sure, can you confirm

Roy
Hi Roy, thanks for your response. I downloaded KB947821 but it says 'the update is not applicable to your computer'.

As for the McAfee Removal Tool, IE throws up a warning when I try to access the website - something about certificates. Will McAfee's own Consumer Product Removal tool work as well?

Yeah, I updated the BIOS recently so no worries about that one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2017   #9
ICIT2LOL

Desk1 7 Home Prem / Desk2 10 Pro / Main lap Asus ROG 10 Pro 2 laptop Toshiba 7 Pro Asus P2520 7 & 10
 
 

Ye mate just use the tool and if you want use another browser to get it. There isa way of getting fid of it in the registry entries but more of that if needed.

Follow Roy on this one if it comes to using the registry we can sort something out ok?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2017   #10
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

Hi User6m7,

Kb947821 has 2 variants, 32/64 bit, try this link

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [October 2014] from Official Microsoft Download Center

Please use the Mcafee CPR tool.

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SFC /scannow unable to repair corrupted files, any knock-on effects?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files
Have had a bad disk on a mirror raid array, have replaced it but then I got messages of windows being not genuine. I run an elevated sfc /scannow command and got back that some files are corrupted but cannot be fixed. Need help how to proceed... Have attached the sfc /scannow results
Performance & Maintenance
sfc /scannow unable to fix corrupted files
Like the titlte says. I ran the sfc /scannow command, but Windows was unable to fix the corrupted files. What do I do now?
Performance & Maintenance
SFC scannow - corrupted files impossible to repair
Hello to all, i have some problems with my PC (Windows 7 64-bit config complete in my system spec.). I saw some problems doing scans with Microsoft Essential, ADaware..the scans blocked and not complete. So i run the CMD and i checked the integrity of files, it has found files corrupted and not...
Performance & Maintenance
sfc/scannow Could not repair corrupted files; CBS.log not showing any
Hello, I am using Windows 8 (64-bit version) and have recently had a virus which I have quarantined and removed. After restarting my computer it seemed that Windows 8 was taking ages to boot around 3 minutes compared to it's usual half minute start up and login. Searching online I found that...
Performance & Maintenance
Scannow cannot repair corrupted files
Hello to everyone, I am new here & looking for help with a computer issue. Any help given is greatly appreciated. I'll start from the beginning. For awhile now but only very occasionally I am getting BSOD crashes & then the computer restarts. So today I decided to do some detective work & try to...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App