Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer Black Screens and Fans Go LOUD When Gaming

24 Oct 2017   #21
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
That's what I'm saying: there is no NVIDIA folder in the C: folder.
That is not an issue so you should forget about it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Oct 2017   #22
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
That is not an issue so you should forget about it.
Alright so I did a clean reinstall of my drivers, anything else I should do next?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2017   #23
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
Alright so I did a clean reinstall of my drivers, anything else I should do next?
I would uninstall the wireless mouse and keyboard drivers and temporary move the case closed to the monitor so you can use "standard" usb mouse and keyboard and see if the problem persists.
I always have very old spare mouse and keyboard because they don't need extra drivers also they always work in the BIOS and before Windows starts, for troubleshooting they are very useful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2017   #24
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
I would uninstall the wireless mouse and keyboard drivers and temporary move the case closed to the monitor so you can use "standard" usb mouse and keyboard and see if the problem persists.
I always have very old spare mouse and keyboard because they don't need extra drivers also they always work in the BIOS and before Windows starts, for troubleshooting they are very useful.
While I'm not wholly against this plan, the problem is that there isn't any real way to bring my computer closer without it becoming cramped and accidentally bumping my leg against the stand that the computer is on. It doesn't really help that my desk is a bit ... awkwardly built. While I think I do still have my very old wired mouse tucked away somewhere, we don't have any wired keyboards in the house and they don't really sell them in stores anymore (particularly those that are ergonomic shaped, since that's what I'm used to).

And before you ask, my black-screen-crash problems started occuring before I got the keyboard I'm using right now shown here, though I did have a different wireless keyboard/mouse around the time the issue started cropping up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2017   #25
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
And before you ask, my black-screen-crash problems started occuring before I got the keyboard I'm using right now shown here, though I did have a different wireless keyboard/mouse around the time the issue started cropping up.
Then you should uninstall this keyboard's drivers and try a basic one, just for testing purpose.
Where I live there are computer markets and shops where I could buy an old keyboard for $1, also check local online forum markets.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2017   #26
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
Then you should uninstall this keyboard's drivers and try a basic one, just for testing purpose.
Where I live there are computer markets and shops where I could buy an old keyboard for $1, also check local online forum markets.
Sorry for the delay; real life stuff got in the way.

I bought myself a cheap wired keyboard and mouse and made sure I removed all previous keyboards and mice on the computer before equipping the wired ones and tested to see if it would work.

Unfortunately, the computer still crashed.

At this point I don't know wtf I'm supposed to do. \_(ツ)_/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2017   #27
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
Unfortunately, the computer still crashed.
My PC also seems to have some issues since I'm not able to login, sent a support request to sevenforums but got no replay.

I re-read your first comment and it's not clear if the system was assembled by yourself or someone else.
And since it's not clear what would be the problem, I suggest to start from scratch and you list all hardware components including operative system.
It could be a faulty hardware or a conflicting software or drivers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2017   #28
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
My PC also seems to have some issues since I'm not able to login, sent a support request to sevenforums but got no replay.

I re-read your first comment and it's not clear if the system was assembled by yourself or someone else.
And since it's not clear what would be the problem, I suggest to start from scratch and you list all hardware components including operative system.
It could be a faulty hardware or a conflicting software or drivers.
Basically I had someone from PC Part Picker create a gaming computer build for me and then I ordered each of the parts online. Once all the parts were delivered, I had my friend's boyfriend come over and put together the whole thing for me (since I couldn't do it myself, since my Computer Skills are -5).

I actually have my build on PC Part Picker and you can view it here. Note that I couldn't find the video/graphics card I use on their site, so it's not listed on the build itself; rather I typed out the link to the video card I ordered in the description. The card itself was ordered here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2017   #29
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
I had my friend's boyfriend come over and put together the whole thing for me (since I couldn't do it myself, since my Computer Skills are -5).
I usually do assemble computers and when something goes wrong (rarely) I take it as my responsibility to take the computer back and fix the problem so my question is did you inform that guy of the problems?
I disagree regarding some "key" hardware parts since it seems you have a near top quality processor and video card but the guy pretended to save around $200 which makes no sense!
1) Motherboard, I never buy a micro version for a near high end computer.
2) Video card, with such a 1080 gaming beast a 650W power supply (even of good quality) it's a bit "stretch", it could do the job fine but just just.
3) It also doesn't make any sense for a modern gaming computer to have a little 256gb ssd, just to let you know that some games are even 50gb size before installation!
I would contact that guy first and hear what he has to say.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2017   #30
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
I usually do assemble computers and when something goes wrong (rarely) I take it as my responsibility to take the computer back and fix the problem so my question is did you inform that guy of the problems?
I disagree regarding some "key" hardware parts since it seems you have a near top quality processor and video card but the guy pretended to save around $200 which makes no sense!
1) Motherboard, I never buy a micro version for a near high end computer.
2) Video card, with such a 1080 gaming beast a 650W power supply (even of good quality) it's a bit "stretch", it could do the job fine but just just.
3) It also doesn't make any sense for a modern gaming computer to have a little 256gb ssd, just to let you know that some games are even 50gb size before installation!
I would contact that guy first and hear what he has to say.
My friend's boyfriend was also the one who skimmed through the original suggested build for me and made some adjustments that would save me money. :P

He knows about the issues I've been having, I've brought it up, and he honestly can't fathom what the problem could be.

I basically have two harddrives; one is the Core (C: ), which is where all the basic stuff goes; then there's the Storage (S: ) one, and that's where I install all my games at. The latter has about 1.81 TB, and I haven't even filled nearly half of it.


Attached Thumbnails
Computer Black Screens and Fans Go LOUD When Gaming-untitled.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer Black Screens and Fans Go LOUD When Gaming




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
sli gup fans (loud)
hello look at my system specs my problem is lately my gups have been getting really noisy (like i can really hear it even if playing a game or video ) surely 6 fans are enough to cool my gups down without the fans having to go crazy loud to cool it down? anyone have any ideas becouse the only...
Graphic Cards
BSOD/Black Screens/Restarts While Gaming
Happy New Year! Happy New Year... Getting BSODs, black screens and full restarts while gaming. Happens with Titanfall within 5 minutes, CoD Black Ops after 10 to 15 mins, etc. Takes longer to crash with Battlefield 4. This all started on 12/21/14 out of nowhere. When it started, I had an...
BSOD Help and Support
Loud PC Fans
Here is my situation and I hope I can describe it clearly- if not, just ask for more info. I have a Dell Insprion 530s Stupid me, a while back, while cleaning out the dust in my system, put the CPU in the wrong way, and damaged the pins on the motherboard. Totally Trashed it. So, I...
Hardware & Devices
Frequent Black Screens during gaming, Kernel Power errors.
I've been getting simply a ton of Event ID-41 Kernel Power crashes, during which my screen simply goes black, the sound freezes for a few seconds, and it reboots. I've had my sneaking suspicions that it has to do with my (fairly well-aged) power supply, but this is somewhat baffling since it...
BSOD Help and Support
Black screens during gaming
Firtly i will give you some info about my pc: proccesor: intel core 2 quad CPU @2.40Ghz Ram: 4GB ddr2 Graphic card: Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GT Graphic card's drivers: 8.17.12.5896 Windows 7 ultimate 64x So my problem: While i am playing a game (windowed mode mainly but happened of full...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+