Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Computer Black Screens and Fans Go LOUD When Gaming

5 Days Ago   #31
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LiliumSnow View Post
My friend's boyfriend was also the one who skimmed through the original suggested build for me and made some adjustments that would save me money. :P

He knows about the issues I've been having, I've brought it up, and he honestly can't fathom what the problem could be. Because of his very busy night-shifts (he works at the front-end desk of a hospital or something like that), it's hard to get in contact with him.
Honestly you got some very bad hardware choices and to save $200 it doesn't make any sense!
The motherboard is very limited and more suited for budged office use computers.
The power supply is limited and I "guess" it could be the problem but not sure.
For a gaming computer mounting a dedicated cooler on the processor it's highly recommended!
The ssd is too small.
Frankly speaking since you don't have some PC troubleshooting background and some parts are no suitable I don't see how you could fix it.
My advice is take the computer to a "reputable" shop (not that one you already dealt with) and let them do the task, but be advised you might need to spend money on hardware also blame the nurse.
PS: you're wasting your money and time, the second hard disk is only suitable for storing data NOT for installing software or games.
It's too slow, it's a budget drive so why did you buy a top graphic card and processor?
Some games also behave strangely when they are installed on a separate drive or they even refuse to work.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
5 Days Ago   #32
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
Honestly you got some very bad hardware choices and to save $200 it doesn't make any sense!
The motherboard is very limited and more suited for budged office use computers.
The power supply is limited and I "guess" it could be the problem but not sure.
For a gaming computer mounting a dedicated cooler on the processor it's highly recommended!
The ssd is too small.
Frankly speaking since you don't have some PC troubleshooting background and some parts are no suitable I don't see how you could fix it.
My advice is take the computer to a "reputable" shop (not that one you already dealt with) and let them do the task, but be advised you might need to spend money on hardware also blame the nurse.
PS: you're wasting your money and time, the second hard disk is only suitable for storing data NOT for installing software or games.
It's too slow, it's a budget drive so why did you buy a top graphic card and processor?
Some games also behave strangely when they are installed on a separate drive or they even refuse to work.
Well he's been building gaming computers for years, for other people and himself, so I trust him to know what he's doing. Once I finally got myself a stable job and enough money to purchase a quality gaming computer like I've always wanted, I asked him for help on building a gaming computer and he kindly agreed to help me and make suggestions. And since I don't know a lot about computers, I assumed there was probably a reason for the two hard drives and other decisions. \_(ツ)_/

But back to the point: If this is indeed the source of the problem, then I might have to wait 'till after Christmas since, well, gotta get my family presents first! The last repair shop I went to was one called Missions Repair Centre, so maybe I'll try Memory Express (my sister went there when she wanted to upgrade her own computer).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Days Ago   #33
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
the second hard disk is only suitable for storing data NOT for installing software or games.
Not true. I have things that I need to load fast installed on my primary SSD drive, and stuff that I don't care about loading fast on my secondary spinner, and I have had zero problems installing software to the second drive. In fact, all of my games are installed on D:, and I have yet to have an issue.

One of the strategies on having an SSD is to do exactly what I am doing, and also to move the user account to the (larger) spinning drive. I have even moved my swap file there with no problems, though it is a little slower, but I save room on my SSD.

To LilliumSnow:

256 GB for an SSD is fine, and the strategy you are employing to put your games on the second drive is also fine. A 256 GB SSD is more than big enough for Windows and a few essential programs, the rest of your programs and games can go on drive D. The only caveat to that is that the games will not load as fast as they might on the SSD. If you had a 500 GB or 1 TB SSD, I might suggest loading your games on it, but the 256 GB strategy you are working with is more than functional.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

4 Days Ago   #34
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
Not true. I have things that I need to load fast installed on my primary SSD drive, and stuff that I don't care about loading fast on my secondary spinner, and I have had zero problems installing software to the second drive. In fact, all of my games are installed on D:, and I have yet to have an issue.
Obviously you didn't bother reading the whole thread but like many do you just jumped in and made an unexperienced user even more confused.
And your statements are also contradictory and indicate the level of your expertise.
Firstly you stated "I have things that I need to load fast installed on my primary SSD drive, and stuff that I don't care about loading fast on my spinner" so the main purpose of this computer is a gaming but you prefer to install games on a slower drive, really?? LOL
Secondly and obviously you didn't notice that the user installed games on a 5400RPM BUDGED drive which is only suitable for storing data, not to mention that when idle these drives go in sleep mode so good luck with that.
And did you notice that the secondary drive was assigned to the letter "S?
Are you still confident to in helping an already confused user?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Days Ago   #35
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by looked View Post
Obviously you didn't bother reading the whole thread but like many do you just jumped in and made an unexperienced user even more confused.
And your statements are also contradictory and indicate the level of your expertise.
Firstly you stated "I have things that I need to load fast installed on my primary SSD drive, and stuff that I don't care about loading fast on my spinner" so the main purpose of this computer is a gaming but you prefer to install games on a slower drive, really?? LOL
Secondly and obviously you didn't notice that the user installed games on a 5400RPM BUDGED drive which is only suitable for storing data, not to mention that when idle these drives go in sleep mode so good luck with that.
And did you notice that the secondary drive was assigned to the letter "S?
Are you still confident to in helping an already confused user?
All right Mr. Know All, have at it.

Then when the OP is thoroughly confused, not had her problem solved, spent unnecessary money, and really needs help, she can ask for help again.

And yes I am confident.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Days Ago   #36
looked

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
All right Mr. Know All, have at it.
LOL

Quote:
Then when the OP is thoroughly confused, not had her problem solved, spent unnecessary money, and really needs help, she can ask for help again.
The OP already wasted money by following an "expert" technician (a nurse) advice who pretended to modify a component list which was compiled by some users on pcpartpicker, and I checked the list was OK, not my fault.

Quote:
And yes I am confident
Yes with your own money you have the right to be confident.
And I don't understand how users can become gurus on these forums......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
4 Days Ago   #37
LiliumSnow

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

*eats popcorn and observes*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Computer Black Screens and Fans Go LOUD When Gaming




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD/Black Screens/Restarts While Gaming
Happy New Year! Happy New Year... Getting BSODs, black screens and full restarts while gaming. Happens with Titanfall within 5 minutes, CoD Black Ops after 10 to 15 mins, etc. Takes longer to crash with Battlefield 4. This all started on 12/21/14 out of nowhere. When it started, I had an...
BSOD Help and Support
Loud PC Fans
Here is my situation and I hope I can describe it clearly- if not, just ask for more info. I have a Dell Insprion 530s Stupid me, a while back, while cleaning out the dust in my system, put the CPU in the wrong way, and damaged the pins on the motherboard. Totally Trashed it. So, I...
Hardware & Devices
Frequent Black Screens during gaming, Kernel Power errors.
I've been getting simply a ton of Event ID-41 Kernel Power crashes, during which my screen simply goes black, the sound freezes for a few seconds, and it reboots. I've had my sneaking suspicions that it has to do with my (fairly well-aged) power supply, but this is somewhat baffling since it...
BSOD Help and Support
Black screens during gaming
Firtly i will give you some info about my pc: proccesor: intel core 2 quad CPU @2.40Ghz Ram: 4GB ddr2 Graphic card: Nvidia Ge Force 8800 GT Graphic card's drivers: 8.17.12.5896 Windows 7 ultimate 64x So my problem: While i am playing a game (windowed mode mainly but happened of full...
BSOD Help and Support
Very loud Fans.
I have a zebronics casing.(and a assembled PC) the problem is that upon starting the fans are very loud like chopper is in air but after sometime it goes back to its silent operation(not so silent). I checked BIOS and found an option for fans and put it to ultraquite.but did'nt made any diff. ...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:17.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App