Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SFC unable to repair all files, not sure what to do with the CBS file

20 Apr 2019   #11
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

OK here's the results

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 462
CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 75
SURT total detected corruption count: 0
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Here we go

Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save to your Desktop
Download SFCFix.zip to your desktop
Drag and Drop SFCFix.zip onto SFCFix.exe
See here
Post log that appears when it completes


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Apr 2019   #12
LucasR

Windows 7 Danish
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
OK here's the results

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 462
CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 75
SURT total detected corruption count: 0
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Here we go

Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save to your Desktop
Download SFCFix.zip to your desktop
Drag and Drop SFCFix.zip onto SFCFix.exe
See here
Post log that appears when it completes

Alright here we go, I was not supposed to run it alone, right? just dragged the zipfile without unpacking it onto the SFCFix.

anyways, here is the new log.


Attached Files
File Type: txt SFCFix.txt (158.0 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2019   #13
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Yes you are correct you were not supposed to run alone. What happens when you drag and drop is there is a text file and the replacement folders/files in the zip. The text file contains directive(s) to tell SFCFix.exe what operations are being requested, i.e. copy folders to winsxs folder in our case. What is imperative is that system permissions remain as required. If you open the sfcfix.txt file that you uploaded, you will see where permissions were taken, folders copies, and permissions were restored correctly.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 3.0.1.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 169 datablocks.
Finish time: 2019-04-21 23:14:32.085
Script hash: a/Visucf0bkp9jcZvdZqZY4dMQyAwfE64zDeXwu+Hs8=

Hopefully now we'll take a big bite out if the corrupt winsxs folders
Please run sfc /scannow, reboot, run SFCFix.exe by double clicking & post log that appear on desktop.
Brain fade, forgot the sfc /scannow part to replace corrupt files elsewhere from winsxs folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Apr 2019   #14
LucasR

Windows 7 Danish
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Yes you are correct you were not supposed to run alone. What happens when you drag and drop is there is a text file and the replacement folders/files in the zip. The text file contains directive(s) to tell SFCFix.exe what operations are being requested, i.e. copy folders to winsxs folder in our case. What is imperative is that system permissions remain as required. If you open the sfcfix.txt file that you uploaded, you will see where permissions were taken, folders copies, and permissions were restored correctly.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 3.0.1.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 169 datablocks.
Finish time: 2019-04-21 23:14:32.085
Script hash: a/Visucf0bkp9jcZvdZqZY4dMQyAwfE64zDeXwu+Hs8=

Hopefully now we'll take a big bite out if the corrupt winsxs folders
Please run sfc /scannow, reboot, run SFCFix.exe by double clicking & post log that appear on desktop.
Brain fade, forgot the sfc /scannow part to replace corrupt files elsewhere from winsxs folder

Alright, so I ran SFCfix, this time it asked for my windows install disk, I went out and found it, put it in and ran it, and this is the text it came back with.

So happy to have some help, I am just sorry my install turned out to be suck a hassle.


Attached Files
File Type: txt SFCFix.txt (137.9 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2019   #15
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Not a problem, s**t happens.
please run below batch file and post sfcdetails.txt when it appears on your desktop. We'll see how much is repaired.
Run sfc scannow.bat


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Apr 2019   #16
LucasR

Windows 7 Danish
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Not a problem, s**t happens.
please run below batch file and post sfcdetails.txt when it appears on your desktop. We'll see how much is repaired.
Attachment 407970
Had tried to run it, but it wouldnt at first, found out I just needed to run it as admin, here is the file.
it was too big so I zipped it up.


Attached Files
File Type: zip sfcdetails.zip (125.1 KB, 2 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Apr 2019   #17
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Fixed quite a few!
Let's see what we still need
please run SFCFix.exe again, & post SFCFix.txt when it appears on your desktop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Apr 2019   #18
LucasR

Windows 7 Danish
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Fixed quite a few!
Let's see what we still need
please run SFCFix.exe again, & post SFCFix.txt when it appears on your desktop.
Alrighty, here it is!


Attached Files
File Type: txt SFCFix.txt (135.0 KB, 1 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2019   #19
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 376
CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0
SURT total detected corruption count: 0
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

I'll see what I have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2019   #20
Snick

Win 10 x64, Linux Lite, Win 7 x64, BlackArch, & Kali
 
 

Please download SFCFix.zip to your desktop
Drag and drop SFCFix.zip onto SFCFix.exe
Post SFCFix.txt when it appears
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SFC unable to repair all files, not sure what to do with the CBS file




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
SFC/SCANNOW Unable to Repair Files. Unable to Install Security Updates
I was unable to install January and March, 2017 Security Rollups KB3212646, KB4012215. I am able to install other updates. I have followed a number of repair strategies (can't recall exactly) over the last 2 months and have had no success. I do remember thinking I probably had a problem with...
Performance & Maintenance
Unable to repair all files with SCANNOW. Help repair corrupt files pls
Recently my laptop developed a problem wherein in would not shut down properly. It logged out of Windows with no trouble, but froze on the System Shutting Down screen, and I had to power it off with the power button. I tried this a couple of times to make sure that it wasn't a fluke. It was not....
Performance & Maintenance
sfc /scannow unable to repair files
I've been having difficulties with my McAfee Internet Security installation--the real time scanner doesn't start, updates don't complete--and the level two techs at McAfee suspect they're related to some corrupt system files they discovered on running sfc /scannow. (They weren't able to explain...
Performance & Maintenance
sfc /scannow Unable to repair files
Hello everyone. I need some guidance on my current issue for my laptop. Step 1. I open the command prompt (ran as administrator) & use the following command: "sfc /scannow" to scan for any errors. The result was the following: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:42.
Twitter Facebook