Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Pls Help me with my Windows7 start up delay..

19 Jan 2010   #41
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
man I love my a4tech mouse it's the battery free wireless nb90
i have not seen that here in the philippines
a4tech stuff is hard to find i for the life of me could never understand why these are not on the desk of every computer user in the world it's awesome you never have to worry about battery's or charging it uses a special mouse pad that emits a low level electromagnetic filed that powers the mouse


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Jan 2010   #42
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

i found someone who has a similar problem as mine.. i think i really need to replace my MoBo..
PC won't start as usual - General-Motherboard - Motherboards-Memory

this guy here replaced his motherboard.. the problem occurs when he uses win7.. so i think Intel G31 is not compatible for win7..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #43
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
Since you have a video card installed, then I'd suggest going into the bios and disabling onboard video, as well as the onboard audio for now.
uhhm.. im willing to try this sir.. but im not famillar with the BIOS setting.. how do i know that it is the on board video card and audio?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jan 2010   #44
computersplus

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

do yourself a favor and the next board you buy don't get an Intel board I stay as far away from their boards as possible they need to stick to CPU's
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #45
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Regardless of which video you are using, you must inspect in the bios to confirm it is enabled.

If you enable onboard, then get the separate video card out of the slots.

I would enable onboard, but if you do choose to enable the separate card, disable onboard in the bios.

Likewise, onboard sound is enabled or disabled in the bios.

Get in there and navigate around until you find the settings. It may be in a peripherals menu, in a video menu, or wherever.

But it is up to you to find it, control it. save the setting, and exit the bios----correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #46
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by computersplus View Post
do yourself a favor and the next board you buy don't get an Intel board I stay as far away from their boards as possible they need to stick to CPU's
yup.. now i know..

ignatzatsonic: thnx sir.. ill try this..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #47
Fumz

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fumz View Post
Since you have a video card installed, then I'd suggest going into the bios and disabling onboard video, as well as the onboard audio for now.
uhhm.. im willing to try this sir.. but im not famillar with the BIOS setting.. how do i know that it is the on board video card and audio?
They should be under Advanced Chipset Features.

There is no option to enable/disable your Radeon... only the onboard video.... so you're all good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #48
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

still no change... maybe i really have to replace this motherboard of intel for me to enjoy win7.. Guys.. thnx a alot..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #49
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
This is the best place to start, with a problem like the one that you are experiencing. It may also be hardware related.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

I did this ISOLATION method,
1st, I unchecked 1st half of the "services" then restart... Problem still occur ( Freezes at "Windows Starting" page, after the windows7 animation logo then it takes 13minutes to proceed to the "log on" page),

then, 2nd, I checked the 1st Half and unchecked the 2nd half of "service" tab.. and still, same result... nothing change on the boot time.. Problem still occur ( Freezes at "Windows Starting" page, after the windows7 animation logo then it takes 13minutes to proceed to the "log on" page)...

i also thought this method can resolve this... but it didnt.. btw.. Thnx for the effort guys.. I hope this can be resolved..

Is that ALL you did? Did you disable ALL NON-MS STARTUP PROGRAMS first?

Does you system still BOOT FAST in SAFE mode?

1) Reboot in SAFE Mode. Still BOOT FAST? If yes procede.

2) Use MSCONFIG to diable all NON-MS STARTUP programs. Does it boot fast? If yes enable each start up program one at a time until it boots slow.

3) If step 2 is NO the use MSCONFIg to disable ALL NON MS SERVICES. Does it boot fast? If yes enable each service one at a time until it boots slow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #50
greens6x

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by greens6x View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
This is the best place to start, with a problem like the one that you are experiencing. It may also be hardware related.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

I did this ISOLATION method,
1st, I unchecked 1st half of the "services" then restart... Problem still occur ( Freezes at "Windows Starting" page, after the windows7 animation logo then it takes 13minutes to proceed to the "log on" page),

then, 2nd, I checked the 1st Half and unchecked the 2nd half of "service" tab.. and still, same result... nothing change on the boot time.. Problem still occur ( Freezes at "Windows Starting" page, after the windows7 animation logo then it takes 13minutes to proceed to the "log on" page)...

i also thought this method can resolve this... but it didnt.. btw.. Thnx for the effort guys.. I hope this can be resolved..

Is that ALL you did? Did you disable ALL NON-MS STARTUP PROGRAMS first?

Does you system still BOOT FAST in SAFE mode?

1) Reboot in SAFE Mode. Still BOOT FAST? If yes procede.

2) Use MSCONFIG to diable all NON-MS STARTUP programs. Does it boot fast? If yes enable each start up program one at a time until it boots slow.

3) If step 2 is NO the use MSCONFIg to disable ALL NON MS SERVICES. Does it boot fast? If yes enable each service one at a time until it boots slow.

Thnx.. Yup.. I did that method.. even in "disable all MS and non-MS".. it did not boot well, still the problem exist..but when im running safe mode.. after i select "safeMode" then load all setting.. it didnt go to the "Windows Starting" page and jump to the log on page.... booted fast in safe mode..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Pls Help me with my Windows7 start up delay..




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to delay the start of a service?
I see the option but how do I delay the start for 2 minutes? http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2562/66077386.jpg
General Discussion
Delay upon start-up
Hello! The past few months, I was shutting down my PC and it has delay in shutting down. When I press the shutdown button, wait for 5 more seconds then a darkened screen will appear saying "Waiting for the background programs to close" with an option of Cancel and Force Close. It will took almost...
Performance & Maintenance
Start up delay after Desktop appears
My computer's operating system is Windows 7 Professional which is up-to-date and all the drivers are the latest I can find. The start up sequence is being slowed down by protracted activity on the hard disk, after the display of the Desktop, such that the only programme I have set to start at...
General Discussion
Anyway to delay start-up program by 20 sec or more?
Hi, I am using Rainlendar pro and it has direct sync with google calendar. It auto-stars when I start the pc. The problem is my desktop ethernet connection is not connected yet when the program starts, resulting in an annoying message everytime it starts saying it can't sync. I noticed that if I...
General Discussion
Unusual start up delay
My main pc normally runs 24/7 however a week ago I happened to turn it off overnight. On restart the next morning there was no bios screen. All the usual noises but nothing else. I changed the monitor, the monitor cables, and even the video card. Still nothing. Left it turned on whilst I went...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App