ReBoot Time

Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 60686970717280170 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #691


    And i thought i was doing well
    got it down from 239 second tho!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 10
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #692


    It just keeps getting better
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #693

    lewikenzie1 said:

    It just keeps getting better
    Takes my rig more time than that from a power button push to Windows even starting to load. From there it's about 13 seconds for my SSD to completely load my OS.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 18,408
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
       #694

    ReBoot Time-capture.jpg
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,223
    Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
       #695

    I vote that all users who claim to have a sub-30s restart time should prove it with a YouTube video... Cuz that just seems too damn good to be true! (and because I'm jealous). LOL.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 121
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #696

    ZaLiTH said:
    I vote that all users who claim to have a sub-30s restart time should prove it with a YouTube video... Cuz that just seems too damn good to be true! (and because I'm jealous). LOL.
    The only one who would benefit from the is Intel. No reason for us to do extra marketing for Intel. We've crossed to the SSD side, it's your choice, SSD's are getting cheaper, cross over or continue to extra magnetic disk, which is a technology half a century old.

    lewikenzie1 said:

    It just keeps getting better
    Hi. How do you get it so low. Are you using two SSDs in RAIN 0? Please share. Thank you.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #697

    ZaLiTH said:
    I vote that all users who claim to have a sub-30s restart time should prove it with a YouTube video... Cuz that just seems too damn good to be true! (and because I'm jealous). LOL.
    I'd upload my little video to YouTube, but my Intel SSD drive is in a desktop at home with a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. From a power button press to get through the post takes about 23 seconds. So that delay right there, takes away from the excitement.

    From the time it says starting windows, it takes about 13 seconds to get to the logon screen. And once I type my password, it's about 2 seconds to the desktop.

    My work laptop posts in just around 6 seconds...but alas it doesn't have an SSD drive.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,223
    Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
       #698

    fatedquest said:
    The only one who would benefit from the is Intel. No reason for us to do extra marketing for Intel. We've crossed to the SSD side, it's your choice, SSD's are getting cheaper, cross over or continue to extra magnetic disk, which is a technology half a century old.
    Yeah, I know that... That post was meant to be a bit of a joke anyway, I thought that much was obvious. I know SSDs are getting cheaper, and as I said in another post today; I'm waiting to see what the price does during this year. We don't all have enough money lying around to go out and buy an SSD just like that.
    The average price of SSDs in South Africa is between R3000 and R5000 depending on size and make, I earn R5500 a month and I still have to pay rent, petrol, food, etc.

    pparks1 said:
    I'd upload my little video to YouTube, but my Intel SSD drive is in a desktop at home with a gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R mobo. From a power button press to get through the post takes about 23 seconds. So that delay right there, takes away from the excitement.
    That's why I suggested what I did, but even that post was partly in jest anyway...

    Anyways, I'll stop hijacking this thread now.. Sorry.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 10
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #699

    @pparks1
    yeah good guess spent months building this pc worth it tho
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #700

    lewikenzie1 said:
    @pparks1
    yeah good guess spent months building this pc worth it tho
    What did I guess at???? I'm confused.

    I spent time putting my machine together as well. My box is pretty darn powerful and fast as well. It doesn't bother me that my box takes 20+ seconds to POST....I'm into Windows 7 in about 35 seconds with my Intel SSD.

    Edit: I actually had a video captured on my cell phone (sorry for quality), but it shows the process from power button push to desktop. Sorry for slow typing of my password..i was holding the phone with one hand and typing with my other hand. You can hear me punch the enter key and you will see my desktop immediately come up....then the video ends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn3hIHnD9oU
    Last edited by pparks1; 12 Feb 2010 at 12:07.
      My Computer


 
Page 70 of 194 FirstFirst ... 60686970717280170 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41.
Find Us