ReBoot Time

Page 72 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62707172737482172 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,223
    Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
       #711

    fatedquest said:
    I've decided to make a video of the 30 seconds reboot.
    Wow... Nice one! That is seriously imprsesive..

    RST101 said:
    Videos can be edited.
    Lol, I know... I do a bit of that in my spare time, but it's easier to edit a picture than a video.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate build 7600 32bit
       #712

    second is not bad but first one ive done everything possible to slow it down and i guess thats a record
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ReBoot Time-capture1.jpg   ReBoot Time-capture2.jpg  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 37
    Windows 7 X64
       #713

    1st image is my normal boot time 2nd is just a minimalistic boot. i will try for a faster boot during the week i may also mess around with hdparm on one of my other hdd's to try and get it even faster. using a 7200rpm hdd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ReBoot Time-reboottime.png   ReBoot Time-reboottime-2-minimal-.png  
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #714

    fatedquest said:
    I don't have any desktops, but on all my laptops, the POST are all very brief. There should be an option asking your what kind of boot your would like. My BIOS has a few options and I'm using quick boot.
    Yes, on my laptops the post is very brief as well. However, with desktop mobos they usually have support for more hardware and thus take longer to complete. I've trimmed down and turned off everything in the BIOS that I don't need...but still sit at more than 20 seconds from power button press to starting Windows.

    I don't mind that my desktop takes longer to post than my laptop. Because once the box comes up, my desktop absolutely demolishes my laptop in terms of performance. So, even though it might not boot up as fast...it's so much stronger that there isn't hardly a comparison to be made between the two of them.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 37
    Windows 7 X64
       #715

    pparks1 said:
    fatedquest said:
    I don't have any desktops, but on all my laptops, the POST are all very brief. There should be an option asking your what kind of boot your would like. My BIOS has a few options and I'm using quick boot.
    Yes, on my laptops the post is very brief as well. However, with desktop mobos they usually have support for more hardware and thus take longer to complete. I've trimmed down and turned off everything in the BIOS that I don't need...but still sit at more than 20 seconds from power button press to starting Windows.

    I don't mind that my desktop takes longer to post than my laptop. Because once the box comes up, my desktop absolutely demolishes my laptop in terms of performance. So, even though it might not boot up as fast...it's so much stronger that there isn't hardly a comparison to be made between the two of them.
    my post is only there for 2 or 3 seconds and i have a desktop. i believe the more usb devices etc you have plugged in the longer you post will take
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,878
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #716

    Avenger20 said:
    my post is only there for 2 or 3 seconds and i have a desktop. i believe the more usb devices etc you have plugged in the longer you post will take
    It all depends upon the mobo and such. For example, from the time I press the power button, it takes 5-6 seconds before anything even appears on my screen. So, it's 5-6 seconds before the POST even begins while it initializes the video card and such. Then it counts up the RAM and such...then discovers my devices and such....its about 20 seconds when post is verifying data pool stuff. Then, 2 or 3 seconds of blank screen and then starting Windows 7. From there, only about 13-14 seconds until desktop.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 121
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #717

    Avenger20 said:
    my post is only there for 2 or 3 seconds and i have a desktop. i believe the more usb devices etc you have plugged in the longer you post will take
    My post doesn't seem to take longer whether I plug in more USB devices or not, however Window's does take longer to give me full control of the desktop if I have more stuff connected

    I installed the chipset driver which I forgot to and viola my reboot times goes down again. I just added another startup program too. Next target is 25 seconds, I think I need to remove some junk in my PC. I'm pretty happy to get 28 seconds with a full load of startup programs though. Two OCZ vertex in RAID 0 = 1 Intel SSD

    Last edited by fatedquest; 21 Feb 2010 at 22:10.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 220
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1, VMware Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1
       #718

    not sure if this is the same app.

    Windows Boot timer 1.0



    This utility is Windows Boot timer. Simply double click on the executable & upon restart, it will display the time taken by your computer to load windows. It does not take into effect the time taken to go through BIOS or BIOS bootup password. It takes the time from the instant BIOS starts loading Windows.


    Download windows Boot timer and application Launch Timer

      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,223
    Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
       #719

    DaGooN said:
    not sure if this is the same app.

    Windows Boot timer 1.0
    Not quite the same app, but an interesting one nonetheless... The app used in these screen shots is found here.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 319
    Mac OS X Yosemite
       #720

    i need help with faster boot times,,,recently i just noticed yesterday that it went from 45-46 seconds to over a minute....i havent downloaded anything. i just wish i can boot my pc in around 30-40 seconds.

    oh and i noticed in my add/remove programs list that i see multiple programs with the name of "microsoft visual c+++..." and "microsoft sql server 2005"? what is that used for? sounds like something i dont use...anyone know?
      My Computer


 
Page 72 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62707172737482172 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36.
Find Us