Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 64x runnig slow on costom computer

22 May 2010   #1
Jellybeans

windows 7
 
 
Windows 7 64x runnig slow on costom computer

Hey,

I just built and new computer, and have installed windows 7 64 bit so i can use the full capability of all my ram and components. But its running slow, black screens and Non responsive programs, my ram usage never goes above 30%, and CPU usage above 25%, i have installed windows 7 32 bit and had no problems. I have checked the compatibility for all my hardware and programs and all is fine and is compatible with the 64 bit version. Specs for my computer:
Processor: Intel i7-930
Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
Graphics: Ge-Force 6200
HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda 5,900 RPM
any suggestions you may have for me would help lots. As i see many more poeple that have the same problem with this version of Windows 7.

-Thanks lots

P.S.: i have a friend telling me that it could be my bus speed. But I'm having a problem finding out how to change my bus values since i updated my BIOS to F5 and I'm not totally sure on how to change them now...if you could tell me how to do so that would help as well, but i DON'T want to make my system unstable or possibly make the Mainboard unusable as i have see some do because of this same problem.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 May 2010   #2
raf051888

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

I would start be verifying that all the drivers are installed. Taking a good look at the chipset driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2010   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
Hey,

I just built and new computer, and have installed windows 7 64 bit so i can use the full capability of all my ram and components. But its running slow, black screens and Non responsive programs, my ram usage never goes above 30%, and CPU usage above 25%, i have installed windows 7 32 bit and had no problems. I have checked the compatibility for all my hardware and programs and all is fine and is compatible with the 64 bit version. Specs for my computer:
Processor: Intel i7-930
Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
Graphics: Ge-Force 6200
HDD: Seagate 2TB Barracuda 5,900 RPM
any suggestions you may have for me would help lots. As i see many more poeple that have the same problem with this version of Windows 7.

-Thanks lots

P.S.: i have a friend telling me that it could be my bus speed. But I'm having a problem finding out how to change my bus values since i updated my BIOS to F5 and I'm not totally sure on how to change them now...if you could tell me how to do so that would help as well, but i DON'T want to make my system unstable or possibly make the Mainboard unusable as i have see some do because of this same problem.
How fast is it in safe mode (F8)?

I suspect it is just a driver or conflict.

You did a clean install of 64bit, correct?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 May 2010   #4
Jellybeans

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by raf051888 View Post
I would start be verifying that all the drivers are installed. Taking a good look at the chipset driver.
All the required drives have been installed properly for all drivers and utilities.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2010   #5
Jellybeans

windows 7
 
 

[QUOTE=zigzag3143;749185]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post

How fast is it in safe mode (F8)?

I suspect it is just a driver or conflict.

You did a clean install of 64bit, correct?
Same in safe mode, and i suspects its a driver, such as the graphics card its self.
and yes sir it was a clean install all correct.
setup was like its supposed to but its when it finally starts up and you get to the desktop that all the problems start. And now as i talked to a really good friend of mine, hes saying my graphics card cant handle the processing involed in the 64 bit version. and i was planing on getting a new one when i got the money for it, to see if it is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 64x runnig slow on costom computer




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows had detected your computer is running slow...
"Your desktop has been changed to basic." I have contacted Microsoft (at least through a couple of minor sites) which just amounted to a pass around. On one I got a link to a discussion Microsoft's help forum. Mostly it was people finding workarounds and particular triggers that could be...
General Discussion
Windows 7 is so slow on a somewhat old computer
I got an old desktop for free, its a nice computer considering how old it is, a Compaq Presario 5000. The specs are as follows: Intel Pentium 4 @ 1.7GHz 1.25GB RAM Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 with 256MB RAM 80GB HDD CD/DVD drive along with a CD/RW drive The system came with Windows XP...
Performance & Maintenance
Still having problems with Windows 7 running slow almost new computer.
The other night my computer locked up then restarted for no reason and when it restarted I got a boot manger is missing error so I put the Windows DVD in to run a clean install I was able it get to the expanding files and about 5 to 10 minutes at 0% I got this error Install Windows Windows...
Hardware & Devices
Very Slow Windows 7 Intel i5 computer
Hi, I have never posted here so thanks for your help in advance. I bought a Samsung QX410-J01 in November. When I first bought it is was great. It ran really fast and smooth and had no problems at all. But during the past few months I have downloaded a bunch of crap wear such as different...
Performance & Maintenance
Connecting to a computer runnig windows 7 HP though remote desktop
Hi all I need i little bit of help! lol i have some files that are stored on my dads PC that is running windows 7 home and i would like to be able to get these files to my PC that runs windows 7 ultimate. As i am in scotland at the minute and my dad lives in London this proposes a big problem....
General Discussion
Runnig my pc on a 32" tv
I know my GPU can easily handle doing this but what i wanted to know has anyone else tryed this before and does it look ok and are there any downsides to having a pc on such a big screen?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App