Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Dave's Quick Search Installed on W7 7100 64 bit

06 Jun 2009   #21
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
I have added sections to the instructions to enable script editing and protecting DQSD registry entries from registry cleaners.
Muad, thanks a lot!
I also think you may wanna add that step about allowing active content - I think it was one of the culprits in my case...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jun 2009   #22
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSLR View Post
Muad, thanks a lot!
I also think you may wanna add that step about allowing active content - I think it was one of the culprits in my case...
I did. I put it in the second section on enabling menu file access.

Thanks for paying attention!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2009   #23
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
I did. I put it in the second section on enabling menu file access.

Thanks for paying attention!
Yep, you did, my bad!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jun 2009   #24
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSLR View Post
Yep, you did, my bad!
NP. I am glad DQSD is working for you (and me)!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2009   #25
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

Totally...
couple of things I noticed:
1) text is badly readable.. is it in the settings somewhere?
2) old ugly border problem... (or the lack of thereof.. it ends at the taskbar limits)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2009   #26
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSLR View Post
Totally...
couple of things I noticed:
1) text is badly readable.. is it in the settings somewhere?
2) old ugly border problem... (or the lack of thereof.. it ends at the taskbar limits)
There are some Vista specific themes in the C:\Program Files\Quick Search Deskbar\themes\vista folder with an explanation in the readme file.

Read that and make sure you are using the one of the 2 Vista themes (widescreen has bigger fonts).

The readability depends on the Vista desktop color and/or the transparency setting in Aero. It uses white text so darker desktops/less transparency works best.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2009   #27
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
There are some Vista specific themes in the C:\Program Files\Quick Search Deskbar\themes\vista folder with an explanation in the readme file.

Read that and make sure you are using the one of the 2 Vista themes (widescreen has bigger fonts).

The readability depends on the Vista desktop color and/or the transparency setting in Aero. It uses white text so darker desktops/less transparency works best.
Oh, thanks, I'll check it out!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2009   #28
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

And it works nicely! Thanks again man!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2009   #29
Muad Dib

XP Pro & Vista Home Premium (x86); Windows Ultimate 7600 x64 Retail
 
 

UPDATE:

Added ADDENDUM FOR DQSD THEME APPEARANCE/READABILITY to the instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jun 2009   #30
DarthSLR

Windows XP Pro SP3; Windows 7201x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post
UPDATE:

Added ADDENDUM FOR DQSD THEME APPEARANCE/READABILITY to the instructions.
Score!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dave's Quick Search Installed on W7 7100 64 bit




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Dave's Quick Search - disable hotkeys
Is there a way to disable the hotkeys in Win7 64bit Dave's Quick Search???
Software
Quick Question about my installed Software
Are there any better alternatives to the ones I currently have installed? I reformatted my PC and used MSE2 instead of kaspersky, and installed all my old programs, I also plan to install Nero and Office10 and TuneUp2k10, but I've heard bad things about it. Also, I've heard NOT to use the...
Software
Remove location from quick search
How can i prevent my quick search in windows 7 (WindowsKey and start typing) from searching certain folders / directories? I have a few files in a folder, i dont want anyone to find.... but the keywords (text within the files) are seen! For example my MSN chat logs! .. i can find them...
General Discussion
Hey Brink Z3r010 where's the quick search Tag bar?
Hey Brink Z3r010 where's the quick search Tag bar? I used to like using that to search on Vistax64.:confused:
Chillout Room
Windows 7 search facility ==TOO QUICK !!!!
Hi all I actually DO like the W7 search facility far better than the XP method -- but what I don't like is if I have search my computer and press say one letter S it starts searching BEFORE I have a chance to type the rest of the search or make a decent search query. If You have a load of >...
General Discussion
I clean installed W7 7100 64 bit
I've never installed a 64 bit OS but I have 2 program file folders (one is x86). Is this normal? Some programs I am reinstalling are defaulting to the x86 program files folder instead of the normal 64 bit programs folder. Did I do something wrong here? Clean install, formatted the hd
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App