windows 7 email


  1. Posts : 308
    xp/vista/win7/win8/10 tech preview
       #1

    windows 7 email


    hi all is it possible to get mail working in win7 without replacing the mail folder and files with the vista ones ??

    cheers brad
      My Computer


  2. Joe
    Posts : 236
    Windows 7 RC
       #2

    Good question. I had WLM with Vista and installed it with Windows 7. I left the installation as a default, and all my data (address book + mail folders) magically came back to life. I have to say that was the smoothest email move I ever made.

    chinga69 said:
    hi all is it possible to get mail working in win7 without replacing the mail folder and files with the vista ones ??

    cheers brad
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 308
    xp/vista/win7/win8/10 tech preview
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Joe said:
    Good question. I had WLM with Vista and installed it with Windows 7. I left the installation as a default, and all my data (address book + mail folders) magically came back to life. I have to say that was the smoothest email move I ever made.
    ah ok i dont like WLM looks like i have to replace it with the vista mail

    cheers brad
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,141
    Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
       #4

    chinga69 said:
    ah ok i dont like WLM looks like i have to replace it with the vista mail

    cheers brad
    That's what I have done. I don't like WLM either. Problem is I can't set WM as the default email and if I go CP/default programs/associate a file type or protocall with a program, .eml isn't listed. Not that it would help any if it was. Haven't yet figured out how to fix this, so if anyone has a clue I'd sure like to hear it.

    Gary
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Find Us