Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: EVERYTHING has stopped working.

28 Dec 2010   #1
ltharis

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 
EVERYTHING has stopped working.

Yesterday i reinstalled windows 7. I had no errors at all but now when i launch my computer i get errors like: skype has stopped working, ovi suite has stopped working... Also Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Nero "stops" working as soon as i launch them. The only program that works is Internet explorer. Im not sure which program caused this because after Installation of windows i installed a lot of programs. Any way i could check which program causes this wierd "has stopped working" thing? Or maybe its something inside windows? By the way ive tryed system restore but it has no restore points .
Help me please


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Dec 2010   #2
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Have you tried looking in 'event viewer' to see what may be the cause?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2010   #3
EzioAuditore

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Did you run any registry cleaner and such cleaning tool which probably have messed up the software's registry keys and so the behaviour?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2010   #4
ltharis

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
Did you run any registry cleaner and such cleaning tool which probably have messed up the software's registry keys and so the behaviour?
Nope i didnt.
Found nothing in event viewer too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2010   #5
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello and Welcome !

Check the DEP settings
  1. Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
  2. Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Under Performance, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services only
  5. Then reboot your Computer
Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #6
ltharis

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello and Welcome !

Check the DEP settings
  1. Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
  2. Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Under Performance, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services only
  5. Then reboot your Computer
Hope this helps,
Captain
Thanks, it helped.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2010   #7
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Your Most Welcome ! So I can we mark this thread solved ?

- Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2013   #8
Elimnir

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 
Not for me :(

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ltharis View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello and Welcome !

Check the DEP settings
  1. Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
  2. Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Under Performance, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services only
  5. Then reboot your Computer
Hope this helps,
Captain
Thanks, it helped.
This just happened to me and i need another way to fix it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 EVERYTHING has stopped working.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working
HI, I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS 7 PROF.ON MY PC. I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS7ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP.EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING: THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS 8 ON MY PC.. BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME...
General Discussion
GTA IV has stopped working
So i start the game up fine, single player works fine for abit, then when i want to play multiplayer as soon as the game starts and i move it will send me back to desktop with the windows message 'GTA IV has stopped working' It has been fine past couple of months. My specs if it helps define...
Gaming
IE 9 Has Stopped Working
I've been seeing IE has stopped working more and more frequently. Today I've seen it twice. Other than changing default browsers or going back to version 8, can anything be done to fix IE9 so it will stop closing? :cry: Duchess (Gloria)
Browsers & Mail
GTA IV stopped working
So here goes my story.. GTA IV just stopped working, even if it has worked for a year without any problems. I've reinstalled the game few times, downloaded a new patch from Rockstar Games, but still it doesn't work. Just sends me an error if I start the game when it passes from the Rockstar...
Gaming
stopped working
windows live messenger has stopped working. What does this mean. I have received this with msn and internet broswer 8. is this a common problem might go back to xp -Should never have said this. Windows 7 is great
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App