Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MagicISO

11 Jan 2009   #1
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 
MagicISO

Personally I've tried MagicISO x64 on Windows 7 Beta x64 and the OS starts failing until I can't open anything or even startup.
But I've read that some people have been able to get it to work?

Any help or any other programs people might suggest?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jan 2009   #2
johngalt

 

SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive for mounting

Several different items listed in the https://www.sevenforums.com/software/...indow-7-a.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #3
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post

I used PowerISO, seems to work well enough. Don't quite like the layout though :-\

I never liked SlyTools.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jan 2009   #4
johngalt

 

Well, Daemon doesn't work in W7 anymore, so VCD and a couple of freebie alternatives are the only alternatives we have for mounting .ISOs....

At least until I figure out how to get the system to natively mount them....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #5
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Well, Daemon doesn't work in W7 anymore, so VCD and a couple of freebie alternatives are the only alternatives we have for mounting .ISOs....

At least until I figure out how to get the system to natively mount them....

W7 is supposed to come with native support for mounting ISOs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #6
johngalt

 

It can support *bootijng* from VHD - if it can do that, I don't see why it *can't* mount ISOs....

I just gotta find it....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #7
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
It can support *bootijng* from VHD - if it can do that, I don't see why it *can't* mount ISOs....

I just gotta find it....

How could it mount ISOs if Windows 7 can't create virtual drives?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #8
johngalt

 

That's just it - you can create VHDs as their own partitions, but the ability to create virtual drives right in W7 *should* be there - it makes no sense to include the ability to make VHDs in a partition and yet not mount them to play around with, and thus the ability to make and mount ISOs makes just as much sense.

I am not saying it is not going to need some third party software (particularly, as you pointed out, the mounting) but if I can find a workaround or else figure out a bit of simple code through PowerShell, then life will have gotten a lot easier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #9
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
That's just it - you can create VHDs as their own partitions, but the ability to create virtual drives right in W7 *should* be there - it makes no sense to include the ability to make VHDs in a partition and yet not mount them to play around with, and thus the ability to make and mount ISOs makes just as much sense.

I am not saying it is not going to need some third party software (particularly, as you pointed out, the mounting) but if I can find a workaround or else figure out a bit of simple code through PowerShell, then life will have gotten a lot easier.

Or Windows should be like Macs and include "everything you need" right out the box
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #10
johngalt

 

lmfao - it ain't got NTFS support out of box, and it doesn't have the nice rEFIt softwar making multiple OS selection on boot a lot easier than holding the #$%^$%^ command key down....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MagicISO




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HELP! DVD Drive undetected after MagicISO
Need your help, guys! I installed MagicISO on my HP Pavillion dv6812nr laptop which is running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. But it gave me a compatibility error everytime I try to run it. But after I uninstalled MagicISO my real DVD Drive vanished! I could not find it in my Device Manager...
Hardware & Devices
Unable to remove MagicISO context menu from right click menu in Win 7
Hey it's been a while since I've last been here, I really enjoy this Win 7 community hope everyone is doing well. Anyway let me cut to the chase, basically I want to be able to remove the MagicISO context menu from the right click context menu in Windows 7. See pics to understand what I'm...
Customization
Improper CD name after burning through MagicISO
I made an image file using MagicISO and renamed it to what I wanted the CD to be called. Then I burned that image file using Magic onto a blank CD-RW. When I pop the disc in a computer the name of the CD is a bunch of random numbers. How do I change the name of the CD?
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App