Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do I configure Firefox 3.5.2 ....

13 Aug 2009   #1
Da Ripper

Windows 7
 
 
How do I configure Firefox 3.5.2 ....

so, guys, How do I configure Firefox 3.5.2 so that it won't remember what I typed in the search box? like in the old firefox 3.0 there's an option were you tick the box to allow or not firefox to remember what you type....

I can't seem find that option in 3.5. it's bugging me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Aug 2009   #2
hdfrango

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600
 
 

as you probably know, you can delete search history by right clicking on the search box, but this probably isn't what you want.

From what I can see in the privacy tab in the settings, if you set history to custom, you can disable search history, but unfortunately that would take away form history as well, so if form info is important to you, you might want to try something else (or use an external application or extensions that manages form info, but getting complicated just to not have your previous searches appearing when you type ).

There is probably another way to do this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2009   #3
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Isn't this where you can alter those settings....?


Attached Images
How do I configure Firefox 3.5.2 ....-capture.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Aug 2009   #4
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Isn't this where you can alter those settings....?
yep...that's it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2009   #5
hdfrango

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600
 
 

yes, but as I said, they put together search and form history
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2009   #6
Quill

Clients: XP/Win7/ubuntu
 
 

Hi Da Ripper are you referring to the location bar or the search bar? For the location bar, if yu look at the pic earlier in the post, at the bottom is and option that says: When using the Location bar suggest: If you select this and choose nothing then you won't have any history popping up every time you type something. For the searchbar all I can think of is turning off suggestions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Aug 2009   #7
Da Ripper

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by hdfrango View Post
as you probably know, you can delete search history by right clicking on the search box, but this probably isn't what you want.

From what I can see in the privacy tab in the settings, if you set history to custom, you can disable search history, but unfortunately that would take away form history as well, so if form info is important to you, you might want to try something else (or use an external application or extensions that manages form info, but getting complicated just to not have your previous searches appearing when you type ).

There is probably another way to do this
you're right!

oh, and Ex_Brit already found teh solution... just after your post.

thanks, btw.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
Isn't this where you can alter those settings....?
deym! there it is...



the one i highlighted is the option i need to uncheck right?

.... i just tested it, and i think that's it...



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Quill View Post
Hi Da Ripper are you referring to the location bar or the search bar? For the location bar, if yu look at the pic earlier in the post, at the bottom is and option that says: When using the Location bar suggest: If you select this and choose nothing then you won't have any history popping up every time you type something. For the searchbar all I can think of is turning off suggestions?
hmmm.... it's like when you search here in the forum and type "office 2010" the next time you type a word that starts with letter "o" then office 2010 will show up... that's what i want to get rid off...

anyways, i believe Ex_Brit already found the solution...


------------

thanks again guys!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #8
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

You're welcome...!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #9
hdfrango

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Da Ripper View Post
you're right!

oh, and Ex_Brit already found teh solution... just after your post.

thanks, btw.
I am a little confused here, not 100% sure what you mean.

I posted the exact same solution Ex_Brit did (before he did), but in words instead of with a screenshot, and adding a warning as it disables form history as well, so this sentence:

Quote:
oh, and Ex_Brit already found teh solution... just after your post.
is it just a funny way to say that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #10
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

Yes you did but I guess it's a case of a picture saying more. Thanks for posting the solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do I configure Firefox 3.5.2 ....




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Configure windows
I have just tried to shut down my computer for the first time in a while and it says preparing to configure windows please don't shut down computer. This happened before the computer even turned off and it's been stuck for a while now. What do I do?
Windows Updates & Activation
How to configure ram?
How do I configure my Dell Optiplex 760 tower (with Windows 7 Pro OS) to utilize all of its available RAM (4 g). Currently, it's using only about 2/3 of that.
Performance & Maintenance
How to configure SSD and HDD ?
Hi everyone, How should I configure my Intel SSD and Western Digital HDD for better protection and performance? I have the Intel SSD as a primary, system drive that has Windows 7 Pro and all my applications. All my data are stored on the WD hard drive.
Performance & Maintenance
OEM Configure
OEM Configurer: Utility to Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows XP, Vista and 7 - Tweaking with Vishal <http://www.askvg.com/oem-configurer-utility-to-add-customized-strings-oem-information-in-system-properties-dialog-box-of-windows-xp-vista-and-7/>...
Customization
Help me configure my bcdedit !
Alright, I got a way around for the problem I posted in https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56912-windows-7-slackware-everything-failed.html I won't tell how (Its large!) Now there is just one problem. I have windows and slackware (13) installed but there is no menu to boot into...
Installation & Setup
How to configure FANs?
Hi, Since i have no problem with my PC's Noise, i wanted to know how can i lock all fans in my computer at 100%, so everything runs cool. Thanks, Alex
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App