Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need a free webcam software

16 Oct 2009   #1
Herox

Windows 7 x86
 
 
Need a free webcam software

Well I have an acer aspire one running windows 7 and it works great once I figured out the cause of some issues. But the webcam software doesnt work. Its got a built in acer crysta eye cam. Windows installed the drivers so it works on sites like blogtv. However it used to show up in my computer so I could use it to take pictures. It no longer does. I tried Installing the xp software to control this and it did not find the cam. The cam does work, i have tested it on blogtv. Does anyone know a easy software to control this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Oct 2009   #2
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Herox,

Have you already tried installing and running the XP software using compatibility mode to see if it made any difference?

Hope this helps,
Shawn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #3
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Windows 7 could be recognizing the Webcam as not compatible with the software. (something like that)

You could try installing the Vista Driver for your webcam, from Acer's Site. Then installing the software.

I had that problem back in Windows 7 Beta (Build 7000), worth a shot right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2009   #4
Herox

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Its already known that the drivers work and the software does not. Its an acer aspire ONE, if you dont believe me google it. This laptop isnt even supposed to be able to run windows 7 and I got it on here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #5
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Herox View Post
Its already known that the drivers work and the software does not. Its an acer aspire ONE, if you dont believe me google it. This laptop isnt even supposed to be able to run windows 7 and I got it on here.
I was only making a suggestion. I'll just let someone else help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #6
zrob

Windows 7 7600
 
 

Having exactly the same problem with my Acer 150.....the downloads from the Acer site do not work with Windows 7. Have been running W7 Ultimate and it works great except for the cam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #7
Herox

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Herox View Post
Its already known that the drivers work and the software does not. Its an acer aspire ONE, if you dont believe me google it. This laptop isnt even supposed to be able to run windows 7 and I got it on here.
I was only making a suggestion. I'll just let someone else help you.
And im just saying they dont work, but people tend to tell me im wrong 90% of the time, so i tell them to google. Dont be so defensive :|
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2009   #8
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Herox View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Herox View Post
Its already known that the drivers work and the software does not. Its an acer aspire ONE, if you dont believe me google it. This laptop isnt even supposed to be able to run windows 7 and I got it on here.
I was only making a suggestion. I'll just let someone else help you.
And im just saying they dont work, but people tend to tell me im wrong 90% of the time, so i tell them to google. Dont be so defensive :|
You assumed I was saying you didn't know anything (or something similar), when in fact I was only suggesting a solution that worked for me in the past.

I help people here all the time, 70% of the time my comments work, 20% of the time my comments help but not solve it. 10% of the time it doesn't help/solve it.

Now I'm off to make another wallpaper.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need a free webcam software




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can anyone suggest good free webcam software?
I purchased a webcam (yeah, welcome to the 90s!) so the in-laws can see the new baby. It came without software. Any suggestions for reliable quality software that will work with a USB webcam? Thanks! R
Software
Be careful where you get your free software or free software updates
Be careful where your get your free software or free software updates from. Some programs on certain download sites can get malware,viruses, or have pups even if the program provided was originally clean. One site I recommend is MajorGeeks they do a really good job.
Software
free offline webcam photo taker?
is there a free application that uses your webcam to take pictures, but does not require an internet connection like the flashed-based services? I just want a simple app that i can install onto my computer and use even when my internet is funky or MIA. thanks
Software
Webcam Software
Hey all! I just got a new Dell laptop. Before I ever even booted it up, I wiped and did a clean install of Win7. This computer has a built in webcam. The webcame works just fine on, say, SKYPE or Facebook so it's obvious that I don't need the drivers (I'm sure Windows installed those upon...
Software
Webcam software
My webcam`s software is too old and I cant find its udgrade version on their website(driver is working fine in windows 7). So I need a new software. Do you guys know any software(preferably free) that captures still images as well as videos with good looking UI:p and some advanced tools??
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App