Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What is Foxit CloudReading?

04 Nov 2013   #11
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
 
 

I get the same thing.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2013   #12
Sarris

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

I used to use Foxit, but it got way too commercial with junk, ads, and nags.

I now recommend PDF Xchange Editor (was Viewer). No snuck in programs or add-ons, less ads in the freeware version.

I've been using it for a couple years now, and was impressed enough to buy the pro version.

My 2 cents.

Regards;

Sarris
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #13
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote:
When you install Foxit Reader’s latest version 6.1.1 on your computer, it will install CloudReading plugin on your computer and adds Foxit Cloud option on File menu as a result of this.

"CloudReading Plugin allows users to synchronise PDF files and reading record to FoxitCloud.com, This is a beta version for Public". Its gets installed on App data folder, here is complete path of it.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit Cloud\Reader.
How to Remove Foxit Reader?s Foxit Cloud Option and CloudReading Plugin?

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Nov 2013   #14
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

I've used Foxit for about 3 years now and have never been spammed nor nagged. Did you download it from a 3rd party site, e.g, Major Geeks, c|NET?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #15
Gekie

Win7 x64, Win 8 x32, Mac
 
 

Just uninstall "CloudReading plugin" as normal program removal, it won't affects "Foxit Reader" local use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #16
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote:
When you install Foxit Reader’s latest version 6.1.1 on your computer, it will install CloudReading plugin on your computer and adds Foxit Cloud option on File menu as a result of this.

"CloudReading Plugin allows users to synchronise PDF files and reading record to FoxitCloud.com, This is a beta version for Public". Its gets installed on App data folder, here is complete path of it.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit Cloud\Reader.
How to Remove Foxit Reader?s Foxit Cloud Option and CloudReading Plugin?

A Guy
Very cool find Bill, thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #17
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote:
When you install Foxit Reader’s latest version 6.1.1 on your computer, it will install CloudReading plugin on your computer and adds Foxit Cloud option on File menu as a result of this.

"CloudReading Plugin allows users to synchronise PDF files and reading record to FoxitCloud.com, This is a beta version for Public". Its gets installed on App data folder, here is complete path of it.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit Cloud\Reader.
How to Remove Foxit Reader?s Foxit Cloud Option and CloudReading Plugin?

A Guy
Very cool find Bill, thanks!
Can't rep you right now Bill

I uninstalled the program.

I normally login with a Standard account and did not see the plugin.
When I started Foxit with Run as administrator I did see the plugin.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #18
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
I've used Foxit for about 3 years now and have never been spammed nor nagged. Did you download it from a 3rd party site, e.g, Major Geeks, c|NET?
I also have not been nagged, etc.
In addition to what Britton30 says there are some settings in Preferences that can help.

What is Foxit CloudReading?-fiosp01.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2013   #19
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

It's not malicious, but if you get no option to not install it, it's not good. At least it's not some 3rd party garbage. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2013   #20
DavidE

Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
 
 

I agree, and thanks again for finding the article that explained this new program!
I owe you a rep
Next time I Update/Install Foxit, I'll have to see if I missed something for this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What is Foxit CloudReading?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot print PDF Foxit Reader
I tried to print pdf documents, but it won't. The status dialog screen shows and disappear. The queue shows 0 file pending. The problem seems only with Foxit pdf because i tried with another application and worked. The printer is Kodak ESP C 310. Does anyone had this problem before? They just told...
Software
Foxit reader and OCR
I have some pdf documents which cannot be searched using Foxit so I assume I need to use an OCR capability. Does anyone know of a free OCR plugin or do I need to go for Foxit pro? Edit: after digging around a bit I gather the "Tesseract" OCR engine (free) is used by most including Foxit pro I...
Software
Foxit Reader 4.3
Latest Foxit Reader is out today 16/11/2010 Foxit Software
Software
Foxit
I have Adobe 9.3.4 installed so if I download foxit which pgm will kick in to read a PDF file???????????? Thanks
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+