Search & Replace non-printing charcters

  1. Posts : 46
    Windows 7

    Search & Replace non-printing charcters

    If I copy a message from Outlook to Word, frequent small raised clear circles appear in the text. (I have to try and describe it as I can't duplicate them here). How can I use search and replace to delete them in the Word document. For example replacing a lot of space carriage returns is done by entering a
    space ^p
    in the search box. But how can I replace a
    little black circle space ^p

    I have tried every trick I can think off but obviously don't know the right one.
      My Computer

  2. Posts : 46
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter

    Found the answer myself! Better looking when one is fully awake rather than late at night!
    In Search & Replace, open the drop down box Special (at the bottom of the S&D screen). The little circle I refer to is a non-breaking space. Finding that out got me on the right track. Alternatively use ^s in the search box.
      My Computer


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40.
Find Us