Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Open Office and LibreOffice won't install

25 Feb 2017   #11
RolandJS

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
Where did the OpenOffice and Libre Office EXE or ZIP installs come from? Some sources might not be sending those installs to you in the best of shape. Or, sometimes even the original sources suffer internet server-to-server hiccups. Although it rarely happens, I have had to let a source know their install EXE or ZIP was corrupt at the source, please remake.
I'm quoting myself again, because I'm wondering if the install EXEs are themselves corrupt.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Feb 2017   #12
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sorry to burst your bubble

But that reports showing your OS as non-genuine.
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012,
and its been rearmed once allready
(note standard OEM installs only have 3 rearms)

DONT FLY OF on ONE.
(Bet you were a manager)

As its allegedly been refurbed, AND I MEAN ALLEGEDLY REFURBED,
(Refurbed models DO NOT show the initial OEM key which yours has).
Refurbished computers MUST have a specific COA sticker, and USE the associated key.

From what you stated earlier i suspect its showing non-genuine as PCRENEW used a generic ISO,
this causes issues like yours - showing as non-genuine.

Please run KB971033
Hopefully it will resolve the issue, UNLESS a new motherboard has been installed, then your out of luck.

I would suggest you go back to PCRENEW and tell them that they are issuing possibly/providing non-genuine computers
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/refurbishedpcs
If they want to argue, im quite happy to back up the results


After you have installed the KB rerun the tool.


Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2017   #13
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

This might be of some interest. I found it online while I was laying back.

Seem like
(Validation Code: 0

Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-V9488-FGM44-2C9T3)
has been around for a while and used by others.

windows activation stating status not available and product ID not available

I never argue with torchwood; I learn from torchwood.

I will go back to laying back.

Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Feb 2017   #14
torchwood

W7 home premium 32bit/W7HP 64bit/w10 tp insider ring
 
 

@Layback Bear

Oh common Jack you only read part of it

Im a Navvie keep on diggin

Roy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Feb 2017   #15
RoWin7

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sorry to burst your bubble

But that reports showing your OS as non-genuine.
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012,
and its been rearmed once allready
(note standard OEM installs only have 3 rearms)

DONT FLY OF on ONE.
(Bet you were a manager)

As its allegedly been refurbed, AND I MEAN ALLEGEDLY REFURBED,
(Refurbed models DO NOT show the initial OEM key which yours has).
Refurbished computers MUST have a specific COA sticker, and USE the associated key.

From what you stated earlier i suspect its showing non-genuine as PCRENEW used a generic ISO,
this causes issues like yours - showing as non-genuine.

Please run KB971033
Hopefully it will resolve the issue, UNLESS a new motherboard has been installed, then your out of luck.

I would suggest you go back to PCRENEW and tell them that they are issuing possibly/providing non-genuine computers
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/refurbishedpcs
If they want to argue, im quite happy to back up the results


After you have installed the KB rerun the tool.


Roy
To RolandJS , I've gotten the programs from the Open Office website. Actually OO installed this morning, for no logical reason. I'm having a similar problem with InQuisit WebPlayer, which I need for some surveys I do. Is there a reason that 3 particular programs wouldn't load on such a computer? or is it totally unrelated?

I'm not a manager, just a semi-retired businesswoman, and not in any STEM field.
No bubble. I had no idea, and I don't understand all that code, but thanks. I'll email the guy. I didn't figure they buy a $149 Win disk for each computer they build, but most are given to charities and schools.

This is not the same as a commercial refurb I bought from MicroCenter. It's a subgroup of my computer club, they build from scratch, I guess starting with a case and mobo.

Should I just copy all the stuff I posted and your reply?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2017   #16
RoWin7

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
This might be of some interest. I found it online while I was laying back.

Seem like
(Validation Code: 0

Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-V9488-FGM44-2C9T3)
has been around for a while and used by others.

windows activation stating status not available and product ID not available

I never argue with torchwood; I learn from torchwood.

I will go back to laying back.

Jack

You're a very laid-back bear, and a polar one at that... And Torchwood knows his stuff. I appreciate all the time you're all giving this. (I was going to say "guys", but I hope at least half of you are women.) And I'm not shocked by any of this. I've seen everything in 20 years of Windows..


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2017   #17
RoWin7

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

documentation for 971033 says

"Packaging

Genuine Microsoft software comes in a large variety of packaging types, often depending on the way the customer acquires the software. For example, they may purchase a computer with the software already loaded on it, purchase the software from a retail location, or for large organizations, purchase the software through one of the Microsoft Volume Licensing programs (on volume media). In some cases, the packaging includes an attractive box with documentation and CDs or DVDs inside. In others, the packaging contains only a printed license with CDs or DVDs inside a sealed envelope. "

So why is this illegal? We are a large org., with 650 members, and (is it 501K? a non-profit group)

What's rearming? I know the puter was built in October of last year, don't know if that's relevant. Does the KB apply to 64-bit too?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2017   #18
RoWin7

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by torchwood View Post
@Layback Bear

Oh common Jack you only read part of it

Im a Navvie keep on diggin

Roy

Man-talk. And Jack is not common.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2017   #19
RoWin7

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

My system page shows activation, and is downloading updates. Is this a VLK? I'm familiar with the VLK's for Win XP, but I didn't think you could do that in Win7. And I do have the whole product key. I want to make sure I understand what's going on before I email this group. I'll get back to you tomorrow, or whenever you have time to reply.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2017   #20
RolandJS

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

My earlier two posts were simple guesswork about the office suite installs. I had no idea Windows might be the only problem; I'm going to simply listen in and learn.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Open Office and LibreOffice won't install




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Request Help with Open Office/LibreOffice 4.4/Microsoft Works Databse
I know how to do most of the settings. Date|Item Used|Place Used|Credit|Debit|Balance 01-10-15 | DC| Walmart |0.00 | $25.10 | $1408.45 (Sample) Those are my columns in Microsoft Works Database. When I first created the custom checking account in Microsoft Database the...
Software
Libreoffice won't install on Windows 7 64 bit
Libreoffice 4 won't install on Windows 7 64 bit The installer seems to start but it will never succeed. It would take a couple of minutes. You could wait forever. It also won't stop, unless you force it to do in taskmanager. Tried several new downloads keeping the same problem. Found only...
Software
Office 2010(Win7, 64bit) won't open Office 2007(WinXPr3 32 bit) files
Just bought a new laptop with Windows7 64bit installed-my first exposure to Windows7. I had Office 2007 installed on my old Dell 32 bit machine. I had also recently pruchased Office 2010 and installed that on my new machine. Now, when I try to open those 32bit 2007 files with 64bt 2011, Iget...
Microsoft Office
open office and libre office... whats the difference?
i used to use OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite but now i see there is LibreOffice Productivity Suite - The Document Foundation and they have succeeded in confusing me, can anyone tell me which one is the way to go for a windows office alternative?
Software
Install Open Office Windows 7 x64 possible?
Hello all, I would like to know if I can install the latest version of Open Office on my system, without running into problems. I also would like to know if I should download and install java jre at the same time. I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Thanks a lot in...
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App