Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problem with program related to DEP

15 Mar 2018   #1
djzero83

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Problem with program related to DEP

Hello to all. I hope it is the right section to post this question and I thank everyone in advance for the help. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with Service Pack 1. I have a problem with a program: Imazing. The above program is used to manage all the contents of the iphone and specifically the problem regarding the transfer of the app. After backing up apps with Imazing, the program creates backups with the .imazingapp extension and can only be restored with the above program. When I try to reinstall any app, the program crashes giving me similar errors (only the string changes). I enclose the error images. I also contacted the assistance of the software giving me several directions like trying to reinstall the app by restarting PC and iPhone, disabling antivirus and antimalware, asking if I was the administrator of the account (and of course I am and I have full rights) and finally making me install the following microsoft hotfix
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ws-7-or-window
. Nothing helped me to solve the problem of error. I also tried to insert the program in the exclusions of the "Data execution protection (DEP)" tab, giving me the error "This program must be executed with data execution protection enabled, it can not be disabled for this program". Do you have any ideas about it? Thank you so much to everyone for your help.




Attached Thumbnails
Problem with program related to DEP-img_5736.jpg   Problem with program related to DEP-img_5738.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Mar 2018   #2
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

What version of imazing do you have installed on your computer? Version 2.4.7 is the latest and is compatable with Windows 7. DEP is usually a problem for versions of software meant for older operating systems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Mar 2018   #3
djzero83

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
What version of imazing do you have installed on your computer? Version 2.4.7 is the latest and is compatable with Windows 7. DEP is usually a problem for versions of software meant for older operating systems.
I have version 2.4.7. I tried to disable DEP with prompt command but after restart pc blue screen comes. Also in safe mode. I can't reactive dep and restart pc normally. I tried to restore windows to a previous point but always blue screen. Any suggestion?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Mar 2018   #4
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Hello djzero83

Which prompt command did you use to deactivate DEP, and what Blue Screen error message did this generate ?

It sounds like a problem with PAE (physical address extension), which is perculiar to 32-bit editions of windows. DEP and PAE parameters interact. Switching on DEP automatically causes PAE to be enabled. However, after switching off DEP on Windows 32-bit, you also need to re-enable PAE.

If you received blue screen error code 0x7b, then PAE is almost certain the problem.

To turn off Data Execution Prevention:
Quote:
bcdedit /set {current} nx alwaysoff
To Reenable Physical Address Extension:
Quote:
bcdedit /set {current} pae foreceenable
Source:
Prevent BSOD when disabling DEP on 32 bit Windows 7
Prevent BSOD when disabling DEP on 32 bit Windows 7 | All Things I Know About Windows
See also:
Physical Address Extension
Physical Address Extension (Windows)
Boot parameters to Configure DEP and PAE
Boot Parameters to Configure DEP and PAE | Microsoft Docs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #5
djzero83

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
Hello djzero83

Which prompt command did you use to deactivate DEP, and what Blue Screen error message did this generate ?

It sounds like a problem with PAE (physical address extension), which is perculiar to 32-bit editions of windows. DEP and PAE parameters interact. Switching on DEP automatically causes PAE to be enabled. However, after switching off DEP on Windows 32-bit, you also need to re-enable PAE.

If you received blue screen error code 0x7b, then PAE is almost certain the problem.

To turn off Data Execution Prevention:
To Reenable Physical Address Extension:
Source:
Prevent BSOD when disabling DEP on 32 bit Windows 7
Prevent BSOD when disabling DEP on 32 bit Windows 7 | All Things I Know About Windows
See also:
Physical Address Extension
Physical Address Extension (Windows)
Boot parameters to Configure DEP and PAE
Boot Parameters to Configure DEP and PAE | Microsoft Docs
I used the command alwaysoff. Now, the unique mode to open prompt command is when windows, next blue screen, try to resolve problem and ask me to open "start recovery tool at startup". Windows fails to resolve the problem and give me a possibility to open advance options. In this windows I have
Recovery at startup
Recovery system configuration
Recovery image system
Windows memory diagnostic
Prompt of commands

I tried to restore windows to a different points but nothing. I tried your method with enforce pae in this prompt of command but nothing (only to be sure, the directory that windows give me in this prompt of command is X and not C and can't modify it. before these options I choosed the unique administrator on pc (me).
The blue screen is referred to Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and the number of error is 0x00000050 (0x80523110, 0x00000000, 0x810F6676, 0x00000000).
So, I tried to explain all. What do you suggest me? Thank you very very much and sorry for my bad english. Grazie
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #6
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djzero83 View Post
... Now, the unique mode to open prompt command is when windows, next blue screen, try to resolve problem and ask me to open "start recovery tool at startup". Windows fails to resolve the problem and give me a possibility to open advance options. In this windows I have
Recovery at startup
Recovery system configuration
Recovery image system
Windows memory diagnostic
Prompt of commands

I tried to restore windows to a different points but nothing. I tried your method with enforce pae in this prompt of command but nothing (only to be sure, the directory that windows give me in this prompt of command is X and not C and can't modify it.
...
Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems.

Listen carefully. After Booting the computer, can you enter BIOS and find out if the BIOS can still "see" i) the installed RAM, and ii) the installed Disk Drive (system drive)?

If so, then you should run Windows memory diagnostic tool from the Advanced Options given.

When you have done that, you might want to read these instructions, and follow the advice:
How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair Loop
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #7
djzero83

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems.

Listen carefully. After Booting the computer, can you enter BIOS and find out if the BIOS can still "see" i) the installed RAM, and ii) the installed Disk Drive (system drive)?

If so, then you should run Windows memory diagnostic tool from the Advanced Options given.

When you have done that, you might want to read these instructions, and follow the advice:
How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair Loop
So, there aren't problems in windows memory diagnostic tool. I tried your last guide but nothing. Always the os not boot. I have tried to use dvd of windows but when I choose startup restore, windows ask me that impossible to resolve problem. I don't have idea of the problem. I don't won't to reinstall os...it's very stressful...it's impossible that there isn't a mode to reenable dep and pae. Thanks for all your help.

EDIT: I resolved the problem. I find the right command to insert in the prompt of command. The command is:
C:\Windows\system32\bcdedit.exe /set {default} nx OptIn
Now windows restart normally. Tonight I turn off pc and hope tomorrow morning that it will start again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #8
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djzero83 View Post
So, there aren't problems in windows memory diagnostic tool. ...
Good to hear this news from you. Now look in the computers' BIOS and check if the System Drive is still present.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djzero83 View Post
... I tried your last guide but nothing. Always the os not boot. I have tried to use dvd of windows but when I choose startup restore, windows ask me that impossible to resolve problem. I don't have idea of the problem. I don't won't to reinstall os...it's very stressful...it's impossible that there isn't a mode to reenable dep and pae. Thanks for all your help.
You can skip ahead to step 4. In your own time, read and follow steps 4 - 16 of the guide. That way you avoid the clean install or needing to use a DVD. If you are stuck with any step, please let me know - I already know that this type of problem can be stressful to the user. It is possible that there is only one reason the computer fails to Boot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #9
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by djzero83 View Post

EDIT: I resolved the problem. I find the right command to insert in the prompt of command. The command is:
C:\Windows\system32\bcdedit.exe /set {default} nx OptIn
Now windows restart normally. Tonight I turn off pc and hope tomorrow morning that it will start again.
You solved it. Please mark this thread as solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2018   #10
djzero83

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iko22 View Post
You solved it. Please mark this thread as solved.
I wait tomorrow morning and if there aren't problem, I close the thread. Thanks for now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problem with program related to DEP




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Program Problem - Program won't open - No Error Messages
Ahhh back to the experts. I have a rather unusual, 'never happened before', problem. When I click on one particular shortcut either on the desktop or elsewhere it flashes real quick on the screen but does not open. The program is Webroot Window Washer which is no longer available nor is support....
Software
Issue with Network Related Program
Unable to run net balancer software on startup. Its showing error message as "unable to run net balancer,due to conflict with other network related programs". How to find the list of network related programs?? And how to solve the issue?? Any help would be appreciated!!
Software
Program Files directory renamed itself, among other related issues
I'm having several issues; I've thoroughly messed up my computer in the span of the past hour. I'll try to explain as quickly as possible. I'm on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and I have an SSD boot device with all of my files on a HDD. I edited the registry keys forever ago to move my program files...
General Discussion
Periodic Internet disconnections - related to program activity?
Every so often (once or twice in a 24 hour period), my internet completely disconnects. It drops me from IRC, torrents, Steam, any browsing I'm doing, and so on. This seems to happen only on this computer (I have another computer and an Xbox 360 on the same wireless network, and neither of them...
Network & Sharing
Crashes often, no regular pattern or program, may be related to memory
Hi, I custom built a computer a couple months ago, and starting a month or two ago, I've been getting blue screens fairly often. It stopped for a couple weeks, and came back a couple days ago. Sometimes it's a blue screen, sometimes my monitor just displays a wierd lined screen (graphics card...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38.
Twitter Facebook Google+