Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: iCloud error notification

4 Days Ago   #1
oklatom

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
iCloud error notification

I couldn't find it if this was covered elsewhere. I hope I have the right place to post this. Mods, please delete this if it's in the wrong place, etc.


icloudservices.exe - entry point not found


This shows up in a white box every time I reboot, and it has since the April system updates. icloud still works, but this is irritating, and I don't know if there are other errors caused by it. I would sincerely appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.




Attached Images
iCloud error notification-icloud-error-2018-06-14_032748.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
4 Days Ago   #2
Paul Black

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Hi oklatom,

I did a quick Google search and found that other people were having the same problem in Windows 7!
From what they said it appears to be to do with iTunes! Have you got iTunes installed?

There also appears to be a solution here: Solved: Error Messages on start up

I hope this helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #3
oklatom

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Paul Black View Post
Hi oklatom,

I did a quick Google search and found that other people were having the same problem in Windows 7!
From what they said it appears to be to do with iTunes! Have you got iTunes installed?

There also appears to be a solution here: Solved: Error Messages on start up

I hope this helps!

Thanks. Unfortunately, this didn't do it. I do have iTunes, and it is up to date. Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

3 Days Ago   #4
mrjimphelps

Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (VMWare host) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (VMWare guest)
 
 

Evidently your computer is trying to connect to iCloud whenever you boot up. To stop this from happening, run MSCONFIG, go to the Startup tab, and if you see anything related to iCloud (perhaps iTunes, some internet group you have joined, or maybe a friend or family member invited you to join a photo sharing group), disable it from the startup list.

Now go to the Services tab. Check the box which says "Hide all Microsoft services". Now if you see anything that appears to be related to iCloud, put a check by it. Then click Disable, then Apply.

Now reboot and see if the message shows up again. It probably won't; but if it does, you'll need to delete more startup items and non-Microsoft service, to see if doing so fixes the error.

When the error goes away, whatever you just disabled is a likely candidate for causing the problem. Either leave it disabled, or reinstall it to try to fix the error.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #5
oklatom

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
Evidently your computer is trying to connect to iCloud whenever you boot up. To stop this from happening, run MSCONFIG, go to the Startup tab, and if you see anything related to iCloud (perhaps iTunes, some internet group you have joined, or maybe a friend or family member invited you to join a photo sharing group), disable it from the startup list.

Now go to the Services tab. Check the box which says "Hide all Microsoft services". Now if you see anything that appears to be related to iCloud, put a check by it. Then click Disable, then Apply.

Now reboot and see if the message shows up again. It probably won't; but if it does, you'll need to delete more startup items and non-Microsoft service, to see if doing so fixes the error.

When the error goes away, whatever you just disabled is a likely candidate for causing the problem. Either leave it disabled, or reinstall it to try to fix the error.

I used a startup manager and did as you suggested. I disabled anything to do with icloud and itunes, and that did it. Thank you sincerely for your help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #6
Paul Black

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I am glad you got it sorted oklatom . Nice catch by the way mrjimphelps .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
3 Days Ago   #7
mrjimphelps

Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (VMWare host) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (VMWare guest)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oklatom View Post
I used a startup manager and did as you suggested. I disabled anything to do with icloud and itunes, and that did it. Thank you sincerely for your help.
Glad you got it fixed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 iCloud error notification




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
notification error
when i installed a program and uninstall it the program's notifications exists how to remove it
Customization
Constant notification of Windows/WGA error 0x8004fe21
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but having previously visited the forum occasionally, I can tell how awesome this place is. Our office PC is running into errors lately and this Windows Activiation Technology window keeps popping up from time to time. I'd really like to know how, if possible,...
Windows Updates & Activation
Cannot remove iCloud from Control Panel
Hello. I recently uninstalled iCloud from my computer, but there still is an icon in Control Panel. Any thoughts on how to remove it?
Installation & Setup
System event notification service error!!!
hi! I am using win 7 home basic edition. There was a power failure and could not shut down the system. when i started the system it gave me this error. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App