Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Administrator Privlages ??? HELP!!!

27 Dec 2009   #1
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 
Administrator Privlages ??? HELP!!!

God I hate this OS. forget the bells and whistles I MISS XP!!!!!!

Ok anyone know how to fix?

I have 1 USER ACCOUNT. it is set as an administrator. but I KEEP getting these stupid pop ups saying I cant do stuff, I have to log in as an administrator!

I AM AN ADMINISTRATOR!!!

For example, while trying to move a file from another networked computers hard drive, to the Windows 7 computer. (YES the network is set up correctly) It just tells me that I have to get an administrator to do it.

I know how to enable the stupid administrator account, but do I really have to keep switching users every time I want to do something? W T F ?!?!?

1 Can I change the Administrator account name from "Administrator" to my own or
2 Can I somehow get FULL PRIVILEGES to my user account?

PLease someone help me


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Dec 2009   #2
Home

Windows 7
 
 

Even though this isnt vista, use this link and follow the tutorial there:
Administrator Account - Vista Forums

good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #3
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Home View Post
Even though this isnt vista, use this link and follow the tutorial there:
Administrator Account - Vista Forums

good luck
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xesvuli420 View Post
I know how to enable the stupid administrator account, but do I really have to keep switching users every time I want to do something? W T F ?!?!?
But thanks for trying!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Dec 2009   #4
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

Ok, it let me move a MP4 file, but will not let me move a FLV file.

Heres a pic


Attached Thumbnails
Administrator Privlages ??? HELP!!!-wtf.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #5
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

Help!!! Please!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #6
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

BTW,It did let me make the transfer once I went to the XP computer and did it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2009   #7
skunksmash

SEVEN x64
 
 

have a look HERE, you might need to ''take ownership'' of the folders which contain those files.

to make you feel a little better, ive never had or seen this issue on my rig so its not an ''out of the box''' fault.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #8
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

Thank you for your advice

However I need to take ownership of the entire drive. Both computers are mine, and I want to have access to both from both without being told I need an administrator...especially since I am one (on both)

BTW This IS an out of the box problem, I encourage you to try to duplicate the results. I am confident that you find yourself in this boat with me!

If you have a windows 7, and XP computer on a home network. Download a FLV video to the XP machine, then go to the 7 machine, open up windows explore, navigate to the XP file structure, and try to copy it to the 7 machine.

Since it let me do it with a MP4 file, Im wondering if the win7 security only does that when you try to transfer a file that has no program associations. Who knows, BUT either way I dont want my computer telling me I cant do something because it dont think I should!

There has GOT to be a way to tell the computer to STFU!

I mean it takes a registry hack, but you can disable Security Center from telling you that you don't have Virus software everyday.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2009   #9
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xesvuli420 View Post
Thank you for your advice

However I need to take ownership of the entire drive. Both computers are mine, and I want to have access to both from both without being told I need an administrator...especially since I am one (on both)

BTW This IS an out of the box problem, I encourage you to try to duplicate the results. I am confident that you find yourself in this boat with me!

If you have a windows 7, and XP computer on a home network. Download a FLV video to the XP machine, then go to the 7 machine, open up windows explore, navigate to the XP file structure, and try to copy it to the 7 machine.

Since it let me do it with a MP4 file, Im wondering if the win7 security only does that when you try to transfer a file that has no program associations. Who knows, BUT either way I dont want my computer telling me I cant do something because it dont think I should!

There has GOT to be a way to tell the computer to STFU!

I mean it takes a registry hack, but you can disable Security Center from telling you that you don't have Virus software everyday.
Are you an admin on the other computer as well?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2009   #10
xesvuli420

Duh
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Are you an admin on the other computer as well?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xesvuli420 View Post
without being told I need an administrator...especially since I am one (on both)
=o)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Administrator Privlages ??? HELP!!!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
When is an Administrator not an Administrator account .....
My log-in screen used to be bypassed. I would switch the computer on and, after they system sorted itself out, I would be taken to my desktop. There was only one user account in User Accounts, It had my name with Administrator underneath my name. Now, after updates and one or two new...
General Discussion
User Administrator Account won't allow Administrator Privilages
Hi, I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 and Office 2007. I installed a Bluetooth transceiver recently and developed a problem when replying to email in Outlook 2007. When I select an email to reply, the email editor pops up with a "Custom UI Runtime Error in Send to Bluetooth." The solution to this issue...
General Discussion
User is both an Administrator, and not an Administrator. Cannot change
An account on my Windows 7 installation cannot have its type changed from an administrator to a user account. I tried to change it using the cmd and I'm getting these messages: >net localgroup administrators AccountName /del System error 1377 has occurred. The specified account name is...
General Discussion
Renaming the administrator account back to Administrator
Hi, I have an Acer laptop which came with one user account, Acer, with the administrator right. When I tried to rename it to Administrator or administrator, I got an messages saying that user name has already existed. How do I rename Acer to Administrator? Thanks.
General Discussion
Administrator account isn't a 'real' administrator :(
I hope this is the correct forum for this question. I currently have Windows 7 32bit installed on one partition ( D: and I just installed Windows 7 (64bit) on another partition ( C:. I log into Windows 7 64bit using Administrator BUT when I try to do things like move where the...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:20.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App