Latest CCleaner Version Released


  1. Posts : 6,330
    Multi-Boot W7_Pro_x64 W8.1_Pro_x64 W10_Pro_x64 +Linux_VMs +Chromium_VM
       #1051

    CCleaner 5.42 installer and portable are available.

    CCleaner.com - CCleaner v5.42

    CCleaner - Builds
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 95
    Windows Prox64
       #1052

    So I use CC and do a thorough clean then go away for 10 days, PC unused apart from my wife who uses it to do online jigsaws and little else, she has her own user log on.
    So yesterday I come home, do a little work on the PC, not a lot and this morning CC's little popup window tells me I can save 44GB of space. I mean how is that even possible?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9,747
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
       #1053

    OnTheRopes. CC has run in the background, after the computer started. If you don't want to do that you need to open CC & select Options & go through the list of Settings. There you will see a lot of alternatives you can select to suit yourself.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 95
    Windows Prox64
       #1054

    Ranger4 said:
    OnTheRopes. CC has run in the background, after the computer started. If you don't want to do that you need to open CC & select Options & go through the list of Settings. There you will see a lot of alternatives you can select to suit yourself.
    Hi Ranger, I understand it has run in the background but what I mean is how can the popup reckon to save 44GB of space when it has hardly been used since the last Clean?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 9,747
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
       #1055

    It depends on what was accessed during the time your wife was using it & I am certainly not suggesting anything untoward, but perhaps it deleted Temp Internet Files or Offline Web Pages. It's easy for these files to exceed 44 GB. So it's not something to get too alarmed about.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 95
    Windows Prox64
       #1056

    Ranger4 said:
    It depends on what was accessed during the time your wife was using it & I am certainly not suggesting anything untoward, but perhaps it deleted Temp Internet Files or Offline Web Pages. It's easy for these files to exceed 44 GB. So it's not something to get too alarmed about.
    What on earth are you suggesting?

    Fair enough I'll quit being concerned, and thanks
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 9,747
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit sp1
       #1057

    You are welcome & thanks for getting back.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 53,687
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1058

    The CCleaner Alert dialog pops up when you can save more than 500 MB of disk space by deleting junk files. 44GB is a lot of junk if true! You can run the CCleaner analyze only and see what all it wants to delete. I have never let mine run to see the alert. The alert can be disabled if you find there is not 44GB of junk to be removed.

    A Guy
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 95
    Windows Prox64
       #1059

    A Guy said:
    The CCleaner Alert dialog pops up when you can save more than 500 MB of disk space by deleting junk files. 44GB is a lot of junk if true! You can run the CCleaner analyze only and see what all it wants to delete. I have never let mine run to see the alert. The alert can be disabled if you find there is not 44GB of junk to be removed.

    A Guy
    Thanks, the alert just popped up again telling me I could save 49+GB of space.
    When I ran the analyser it said it could save 55MB
    Last edited by OnTheRopes; 28 Apr 2018 at 06:49.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 53,687
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1060

    I wonder if it's telling you you have programs and such you COULD remove to save space. Is your free space shrinking?

    A Guy
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18.
Find Us