Latest CCleaner Version Released


  1. Posts : 101
    Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1081

    Sky Ranch said:
    There is an auto-update executable (CCupdate.exe) in your CCleaner folder that allows Piriform to update to the latest version without permission from users. If you delete the executable, it shouldn't update, or so I'm been informed. This is being done across the board affecting all users who run an older version of CCleaner.
    Good afternoon everyone,

    I have one question: In the CCleaner folder, there is also: CCUpdate.ini. Does this file also need to be deleted?

    I re-installed CCleaner v5.38 after deleting the CCUpdate.exe file Sky Ranch mentioned, as I, (like others here) discovered just now my CCleaner had auto-updated itself on September 10th to the latest version.

    Much obliged for your time and any info!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 233
    Windows 7 Home 64-bit
       #1082

    spc3rd said:
    Good afternoon everyone,

    I have one question: In the CCleaner folder, there is also: CCUpdate.ini. Does this file also need to be deleted?

    I re-installed CCleaner v5.38 after deleting the CCUpdate.exe file Sky Ranch mentioned, as I, (like others here) discovered just now my CCleaner had auto-updated itself on September 10th to the latest version.

    Much obliged for your time and any info!
    You can delete the .ini along with the .exe file. If you run the registry cleaner, there will be a couple of obsolete firewall rules once you deleted the CCUpdate which also can be removed as well.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 101
    Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1083

    Thanks very much for that info, Sky Ranch!

    Cheers!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 53,687
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1084

    enxio27 said:
    Is it possible to get that version still?
    Not sure if the portable version is, but the installer version you can

    Download CCleaner 5.32.6129 - FileHippo.com

    A Guy
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 70,224
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #1085

    New CCleaner 5.47.6716 version released. See first post for more details.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 101
    Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1086

    Sky Ranch said:
    There is an auto-update executable (CCupdate.exe) in your CCleaner folder that allows Piriform to update to the latest version without permission from users. If you delete the executable, it shouldn't update, or so I'm been informed. This is being done across the board affecting all users who run an older version of CCleaner.
    Greetings again everyone,

    Just a follow-up note to an earlier post I made here in which I stated I'd deleted the file(s) Sky Ranch mentioned, then re-installed an earlier version of CCleaner (5.37). When I ran CCleaner about 20 minutes ago, I see that once again, it has updated itself to v5.46 - without my permission.

    It appears CCleaner is going to keep right on updating itself (w/o my permission), despite my having deleted the previously-mentioned files. I even went so far as to uninstall CCleaner completely, and then re-install v 5.36 (from the original version still in my "Downloads" folder). But, once again the program went and automatically updated itself to v 5.47.

    There doesn't seem to be any way to install v 5.36 and keep CCleaner from updating itself without asking me first.

    Just my 3-cents, FWIW.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 233
    Windows 7 Home 64-bit
       #1087

    spc3rd said:
    Greetings again everyone,

    Just a follow-up note to an earlier post I made here in which I stated I'd deleted the file(s) Sky Ranch mentioned, then re-installed an earlier version of CCleaner (5.37). When I ran CCleaner about 20 minutes ago, I see that once again, it has updated itself to v5.46 - without my permission.

    It appears CCleaner is going to keep right on updating itself (w/o my permission), despite my having deleted the previously-mentioned files. I even went so far as to uninstall CCleaner completely, and then re-install v 5.36 (from the original version still in my "Downloads" folder). But, once again the program went and automatically updated itself to v 5.47.

    There doesn't seem to be any way to install v 5.36 and keep CCleaner from updating itself without asking me first.

    Just my 3-cents, FWIW.

    Aside from deleteing the so-called Emergency updater (CCUpdate) and associated files, did you disable the 'CCleaner Update' task in Task Scheduler soon after re-installation of older version?

    If you did and it still updated itself, I would suggest creating a inbound/outbound rule in your firewall that blocks CCleaner version 5.37 as soon as it's installed. I would do the re-installation and firewall block while offline.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 101
    Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
       #1088

    Thanks very much for the follow-up info, Sky Ranch.


    I'd forgotten about disabling the CCleaner update in Task Scheduler (TS). I've once again uninstalled CCleaner and re-installed v5.36, then immediately disabled the updater in TS. Hopefully, that will keep it from updating w/o my permission again.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6,162
    Win 7 HP SP1 64-bit Vista HB SP2 32-bit Linux Mint 18.3
       #1089

    Hi spc3rd,

    Sky Ranch said:
    Aside from deleteing the so-called Emergency updater (CCUpdate) and associated files, did you disable the 'CCleaner Update' task in Task Scheduler soon after re-installation of older version?

    If you did and it still updated itself, I would suggest creating a inbound/outbound rule in your firewall that blocks CCleaner version 5.37 as soon as it's installed. I would do the re-installation and firewall block while offline.
    Very good points mage by @Sky Ranch. As an added suggestion, you could also disable it in Startup.

    I hope this helps!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 70,224
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #1090

    New CCleaner 5.48.6834 version released. See first post for more details.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21.
Find Us