|22 Dec 2008||#71|
I have been using Macrium Reflect free edition disk imaging program on x64 - works great.
The paid edition does a few extra things, but this is what you get in the free one :
* Create a single backup file of a complete hard disk
* Create a single backup file of one or many partitions
* Restore a partition to a different type. e.g. a logical partition can be restored as a bootable primary partition
* Resize the restored partition. A hard disk upgrade can easily be performed by increasing the partition to fill the new disk.
* Track 0 (The Master Boot Record) is saved with all backups.
* Backup files can be saved to local or network drives or optical storage (CD, DVD).
* Disk image can be created whilst Windows is in use.
* Verify images. Images (Backup files) can be separately verified or automatically verified before restore.
* System files such as ‘pagefile.sys’ and ‘hiberfile.sys’ are not included in the image.
* Three compression levels can be selected to optimize between file size and speed.
* Password protect images to prevent unauthorized access.
* AES 256 bit encryption for ultimate security.
* Set image filenames automatically.
* Browse the backup file as a virtual hard drive in Windows Explorer and copy& paste back any files/folders to any location.
* Schedule daily, weekly or monthly.
* Unattended completion.
* Automatic disk space management for local / remote hard drives.
* Full logging of all backup operations.
It will also create a bootable disc so you can restore an image of your drive, partition, mbr if you can't boot into Windows.
The normal compression ratio is half the original , and just look at the speed it imaged my Vista drive ( pic. above ) - and that was to another partition on the same hd.
I have also successfully restored both my o/s partitions - again from a backup image on the same hd in 10-12 mins.
here's the link - registration is free.
Macrium Reflect Free Edition 4.2 build 2033 - Downloads - ZDNet Australia
Hope you like it
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
FREE Great Programs for Windows 7 
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/software/92-free-great-programs-windows-7-a-196.html FREE Great Programs for Windows 7 These are completely FREE programs for Windows 7. I have tested all of these programs below without any problems in the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7...
Free Great Programs For Windows
I scrolled down to the Macrium Reflect Free entry, clicked on the link, only to find it goes right to C/NET with no choice (at least I didn't see one) but to use their "agent" to download. I also tried Major Geeks and got the same "agent" trash. Does anyone know of a safe site to download...
Great partition manager Free today
Aomei do an excellent free partition Assistant. Today on GOTD - they are giving away the pro version. Highly recommended. It has the ability to make winpe boot media (tho you do need WAIK.WADK download from MS - similar to the way macrium does it ). This version doesn't support 4096...
Great free copy/move app
I really like this free app. (but find the latest beta version works better in 7. There is a paid pro version that adds little that the free version doesn't have. The free version basically has everything most users would need. One thing I really like about it is by default it gives you more...
Loads of free great quality Walls
Try this software out, it works like a charm on Windows 7, very easy to use as well.... Dream Desktop - New Wallpapers Loads of very nice images.
|Themes and Styles|
Free Partition Software. Great Offer
Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Partition Manager 10.0 Personal (English) - Special offer for our GAOTD users ? Partitioning for Windows 7 and 64-bit version support!We want to thank you for ... Check this out gang. This is a great offer.
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:13.