Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What is a good Windows 7 defragmenter?

04 Jul 2010   #21
yowanvista

Windows 10 Pro x64, Arch Linux
 
 

Defraggler


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jul 2010   #22
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobright View Post
well i havent degramented my hard drive since i bought my new computer about 5-6 months back or so and its about that time. ive been out of the loop on the computer world lately so thought id make a thread.

what is a good defragmenter i should look into?


cheers all
The one already installed with Windows 7? Because it's automatic and enabled by default?

Not sure why people are still obsessed about defragging. This isn't Windows 98 anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #23
bobright

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks guys will definitely have a look at all the recommendations, a friend says Diskeeper is really good and installed it on my PC for me to try. Thing is I'm not sure how to run it, should I simply analyze and then degrament OR should I go the "automatic defragment" route?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Jul 2010   #24
tcat7

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Built in W7 one - I didn't realize it was working in the background until I went to defrag. Should it be set to defrag all drives (internal and external)? It shows it defragged the "Restore" partition and it's still 30%. Not sure why you'd need to defrag that since it never changes, and if it left it at 30% once, it probably won't help in the future. I wouldn't think it necessary to defrag any partitions that were just image back ups either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #25
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I use windows 7 built in defrager and think it works great. The only thing you don't get is all the little pretty colored boxes jumping around.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #26
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Lol, just because you want to know a good defragmenter program doesn't make one "obsessed"

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #27
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Lol, just because you want to know a good defragmenter program doesn't make one "obsessed"
The fact that it's automatic and completely hands free since Windows Vista...people STILL ask about it for Windows 7? That's obsession.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #28
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Lol, just because you want to know a good defragmenter program doesn't make one "obsessed"
The fact that it's automatic and completely hands free since Windows Vista...people STILL ask about it for Windows 7? That's obsession.
Look up obsession, and you'll see why I disagree. You are also assuming that not only is the defragmenter in Windows 7 the best, but that everyone knows or agrees with that. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #29
bobright

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Lol, just because you want to know a good defragmenter program doesn't make one "obsessed"
The fact that it's automatic and completely hands free since Windows Vista...people STILL ask about it for Windows 7? That's obsession.
Look up obsession, and you'll see why I disagree. You are also assuming that not only is the defragmenter in Windows 7 the best, but that everyone knows or agrees with that. A Guy
True, hell since PCs come with Windows Media Player why use itunes, huh Jon ..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What is a good Windows 7 defragmenter?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Disk Defragmenter
Why does the Defragmenter analysis start at 34%?
Performance & Maintenance
Windows Disk Defragmenter vs defragmentation softwares
Should i use window tool or any other software (if so please suggest both free and paid) And after how long should we do defragmentation. Thanks
Performance & Maintenance
Disk defragmenter windows 7 a couple of questions?
I would like to ask the following questions 1) Can doing disk defragmenter damage hard drive or the laptop or doing it alot? 2) If I was in the middle of disk fragmenting and someone moved a chair causing floor vibration will this harm the hard drive or the laptop while disk fragmenting.
General Discussion
Is WIN7 Defragmenter Good Enough?
Hi All, I've been using PerfectDisk Defragmenter for some years, and I think the Ver.12.5 is getting more bloated than I'd like. My question is whether the WIN 7 Defragmenter is considered good enough to get the job done. Thanks in advance. :)
Performance & Maintenance
Which Defragmenter do you recommend?
Hey guys. I was wondering which defragmenter's good to use.. The good and bad of them, anything worth knowing. Thanks. P.S. Currently using Auslogic's Disk Defrag
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 Defragmenter, just as good as Diskeeper?
I have been a Diskeeper user for 2 years and recently after I switched to windows 7 I was googling a lot for a defragger. I came across many sites saying that Windows 7's built-in defragger is just as good as diskeeper. Is that true? If it is then I don't have to pay for defragmenter like diskeeper...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:09.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App