Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why Is iTunes a Bitch?

03 Aug 2010   #1
Wandering Flame

Vista
 
 
Why Is iTunes a Bitch?

And I wonder the reason so many people prefer it over many programs.

Not only do I not remember even installing the thing since I found it making its way into my list of computer programs, seems as soon as it made its way onto my computer it automatically started putting every damn song and video onto it. That or I may have pressed a button or something/clicked an option for it to do so, only I don't recall it asking something like "would you like me to add EVERY music and video file you have on this computer onto me?"

That's one. Second this thing is so slow. Why? Seems it doesn't live up to Apple's super fast browser Safari.

Then there's the fact when it adds all your files (or, most of them or just a lot of them) seems it just f***ing throws it into the program not organizing it in anyway. I mean, I do remember reading in the preferences that it organizes them yet why the hell do I see songs and movies that have NO CONNECTION with each other grouped up? That or it's so called "organization" is a lie...like if I were to click on the "Albums" tab I will see things in there that aren't clearly albums, and are just individual mp3 files. I guess it groups songs up based on their file details though it still looks like trash.

Then the fact that when I click on any music or video in my Music/Video playlists, none of them actually work or play. It claims "the file can't be located" now how the hell is this true? I've only had this laptop for 3 months and I've not even used iTunes, and it recently copied all the music/videos to it yet none of them can be located?!?!

Then there's the fact that when it asks me to locate these files...it opens up some folder in my WINDOWS/system32 folder on my C drive? What the crap?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Aug 2010   #2
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Solution... dont use it...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2010   #3
Darician

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

It's pretty well known that iTunes is kind of crappy and on Windows, it really sucks performance wise. But yeah, if you don't like it, don't torture yourself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2010   #4
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wandering Flame View Post
And I wonder the reason so many people prefer it over many programs.

Not only do I not remember even installing the thing since I found it making its way into my list of computer programs, seems as soon as it made its way onto my computer it automatically started putting every damn song and video onto it. That or I may have pressed a button or something/clicked an option for it to do so, only I don't recall it asking something like "would you like me to add EVERY music and video file you have on this computer onto me?"
It's the Apple way.... "It Just Works" cough cough.

I did think Safari was that fast... anyway, it's kind of odd that it would open a folder in your System32 directory??

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2010   #5
Wandering Flame

Vista
 
 

Well after deleting the "iTunes" folder in my User/Music folder seems I could start from scratch when it comes to what songs and videos are on it, so I began to build it up a bit.

Was wondering how to create my custome "genres" under Music and Movies. Is this even possible? Google'd it but didn't find adequate results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2010   #6
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Solution... dont use it...
Perfect solution.

Same topic, mine tends to mess my music up and skip tracks completely or half way through.

Yet play the same music in Real Player/Win Media Player and i have no problems.

I am going to give up on Itunes and go with a Zune HD when they finally bring out one with say 120gb hdd.

Apple are just a bunch of rip off merchants (i could go on but we'd be here all day and this is not the place) But that is why itunes is, as you say, a bitch.

Lucky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2010   #7
esteban

7 Ultimate, Debian Squeeze, #! Statler
 
 

Last time I had iTunes, I added some music to the library with the intention of converting the bitrate (I like 128kb/s). iTunes complained about those songs not being purchased through the store, which it used to not do, and then DELETED those files off my computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2010   #8
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Best advice: Uninstall iTunes. iTunes and Windows do not mix IMHO.

Use "Remove a Program" from the Control Panel first, then after restart delete any and all folders, then after restart use a good cleaner program like CCleaner to eliminate any traces the best you can. iTunes and iPod programs are like very nasty viruses. They don't leave the party happy.

Many are tricked into installing iTunes when they install the Quicktime Player. There is a Quicktime Player download that does not contain iTunes but the Apple minions make it difficult to find that version. You got to dig through the Apple site (or just Google!).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2010   #9
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Luckystar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Solution... dont use it...
Perfect solution.

Same topic, mine tends to mess my music up and skip tracks completely or half way through.

Yet play the same music in Real Player/Win Media Player and i have no problems.

I am going to give up on Itunes and go with a Zune HD when they finally bring out one with say 120gb hdd.

Apple are just a bunch of rip off merchants (i could go on but we'd be here all day and this is not the place) But that is why itunes is, as you say, a bitch.

Lucky
I highly doubt that will happen......I think they are going to be flash memory only from this point forward. If you do want a hard drive based player, you're pretty much limited to the iPod Classic and a couple of Archos models, unless you buy something used.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2010   #10
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by esteban View Post
Last time I had iTunes, I added some music to the library with the intention of converting the bitrate (I like 128kb/s). iTunes complained about those songs not being purchased through the store, which it used to not do, and then DELETED those files off my computer.

I had a very similar outcome with my iTunes, music wasn't purchased through iTunes store, so it deleted it from my music without even telling me of it's intentions!

Only reason i have iTunes is because i need it for my iPod Touch..

Besides that, i steer well clear of it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why Is iTunes a Bitch?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Everytime I search iTunes Store, iTunes crashes
Everytime I search iTunes Store, iTunes crashes with the following error: Descrição Caminho de Aplicação Com Falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe Assinatura do problema Nome do Evento do Problema: APPCRASH Nome da aplicação: iTunes.exe Versão da aplicação: 10.6.3.25 Carimbo de...
Software
Downgrading iTunes without losing iTunes Library.itl???
Is there any way I can do this?? I'm trying to downgrade from iTunes 10.5 to a version that doesn't crash (see my previous thread). However, whenever I do this, I cannot import my Library file (.itl) because it was created by a newer version of iTunes. No, an older version of the iTunes...
Software
Cannot download iTunes or cannot install iTunes
Hello: I opened iTunes today and checked for updates. There was one. I tried to download it, but it quit midways. I downloaded manually, and tried to install. Got this message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accesssed. This can occur if the Windows INstaller is not correctly...
Software
My iTunes is not adding all my albums to my iTunes library
Hiya!! Today i noticed odd problem with my iTunes, my iTunes didn't add all my albums to library?? I really don't know why, it adds some albums but not all... My music is here: G:\Music (where G:\ is external drive) I tried so many times to add those missing albums to iTunes library but...
Software
All icons change to itunes icons after dwnlding itunes
I just got a new HP Pavillion dv4 and want to transfer my music from my old computer to my new computer. I downloaded iTunes and all of the icons on my desktop changed to iTunes icons! So I uninstalled iTunes and the icons changed back. I did this 3 times and everytime it was the same. I really...
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App