Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Audio in Win7 is not working

24 Oct 2010   #61
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Thanks for the clarification.
A while back the differences between on-board sound and a dedicated sound-card were huge however recently, on-board audio have improved .
I think that the addition of a dedicated sound-card could be the best bet to fix your issues provided you have an available pci slot. If you can, try to borrow one from a friend and check whether it works on your board. I'm hoping that the board is fine and not contributing to the issue at present i.e. could be a chipset driver that's failed.
We'll try to continue work on this as I still think that if we enabled the analog interface (and disabled the digital one), there could be a chance that your audio is still functional.
As for my questions, are you running the gigabyte or realtek driver?

Regards


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Oct 2010   #62
infidel

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Im running the gigabyte driver right now. But from what I've seen the audio devices and symptoms are exactly the same with both drivers. There does not seem to be any difference.
I'm a bit more experienced with hardware than software and i think that this must be a software problem. Also considering that i have not changed the hardware in any way since it worked.

Going to the store tomorrow and might pick up a Creative sound blaster Audigy SE. Will get back to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #63
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Ok
Have a look also at thread and this one also(maybe you have already)
Hope this helps in some way
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2010   #64
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Im running the gigabyte driver right now. But from what I've seen the audio devices and symptoms are exactly the same with both drivers. There does not seem to be any difference.
I'm a bit more experienced with hardware than software and i think that this must be a software problem. Also considering that i have not changed the hardware in any way since it worked.

Going to the store tomorrow and might pick up a Creative sound blaster Audigy SE. Will get back to you.

Last on this, I was going to suggest installing an older set of Vista drivers,

The version number would be 2.18 or 2.19.

I see 2.19 is available from Softpedia

Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.19 for Vista Driver for Windows Vista / Windows Vista64 - Softpedia

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #65
infidel

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Nice tips. Gonna read through them and test some stuff out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #66
infidel

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

When unistalling drivers i just uninstall them from "uninstall or change a program" right? Or is the some better way of doing it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #67
infidel

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Im running the gigabyte driver right now. But from what I've seen the audio devices and symptoms are exactly the same with both drivers. There does not seem to be any difference.
I'm a bit more experienced with hardware than software and i think that this must be a software problem. Also considering that i have not changed the hardware in any way since it worked.

Going to the store tomorrow and might pick up a Creative sound blaster Audigy SE. Will get back to you.

Last on this, I was going to suggest installing an older set of Vista drivers,

The version number would be 2.18 or 2.19.

I see 2.19 is available from Softpedia

Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.19 for Vista Driver for Windows Vista / Windows Vista64 - Softpedia

Ap
Tried the Vista drivers and its the same thing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #68
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Im running the gigabyte driver right now. But from what I've seen the audio devices and symptoms are exactly the same with both drivers. There does not seem to be any difference.
I'm a bit more experienced with hardware than software and i think that this must be a software problem. Also considering that i have not changed the hardware in any way since it worked.

Going to the store tomorrow and might pick up a Creative sound blaster Audigy SE. Will get back to you.

Last on this, I was going to suggest installing an older set of Vista drivers,

The version number would be 2.18 or 2.19.

I see 2.19 is available from Softpedia

Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.19 for Vista Driver for Windows Vista / Windows Vista64 - Softpedia

Ap
Tried the Vista drivers and its the same thing
Hi
Last, you could also try downloading and installing this.
Some other users had reported similar issues that had to do with Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver as seen here but I'm not sure whether this applies to Windows 7. Take note that this was a fix for XP systems.
You could try this however be sure to create a system restore point before doing so if you are not comfortable.

I' m out of solutions for now

Take care and regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #69
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Tried the Vista drivers and its the same thing
Couple of comments on this situation...

You had posted a Graphic showing the Mic with what appears to be a 100% input signal level. Back in the dark ages of assignable IRQs an audio card with a maxed signal level and no output almost always had an IRQ or address conflict.

(That's the reason I asked if you had any third party expansion cards installed)

Win-7 does some pretty fancy footwork with IRQ sharing (which I don't pretend to understand) but it's possible the onboard audio has a hardware conflict. This is possible even though XP didn't.

With the Realtek drivers installed open "System Information" go to Hardware Resources and see what the Realtek driver/codec is sharing resources with.
Also look under "Conflicts/Sharing".

There's a couple of things that can be done to force a shift of IRQs go into the BIOS, disable any of the ports you're not using (Printer, Com...etc) if your MB even has them, also, disable Motherboard audio, reboot. Let the computer settle for a couple of minutes, reboot, get into the BIOS and enable audio, boot the machine.

Sometimes.. this can cause a shift of resources.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2010   #70
infidel

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by infidel View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post


Last on this, I was going to suggest installing an older set of Vista drivers,

The version number would be 2.18 or 2.19.

I see 2.19 is available from Softpedia

Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 2.19 for Vista Driver for Windows Vista / Windows Vista64 - Softpedia

Ap
Tried the Vista drivers and its the same thing
Hi
Last, you could also try downloading and installing this.
Some other users had reported similar issues that had to do with Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver as seen here but I'm not sure whether this applies to Windows 7. Take note that this was a fix for XP systems.
You could try this however be sure to create a system restore point before doing so if you are not comfortable.

I' m out of solutions for now

Take care and regards

Yes i read the same thing in a forum somewhere. Think i tried it when i came across it, but im not sure. Will give it a go and see what happens. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Audio in Win7 is not working




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working
I have a self-assembled desktop PC - full specs in the signature below, but in short, it has an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor on a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P mainboard, which uses a Realtek Azalia ALC887 on-board sound system. I have no loudspeakers and listen to the computer sound exclusively...
Sound & Audio
Win7 realtek audio balance not working
Hello, im using Windows 7 64bit Motherboard Name Intel Whitesburg DP55WB Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller PCI Headphones steelseries syberia v2 - 3.5mm jack this is integrated sound card so my problem is, what not working balance. then I...
Sound & Audio
WASAPI is not working for Win7 "Speakers High Definition Audio Device
Dear all, “wasapi” only works in the PC (windows 7) having playback devices like ”Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio)" and “Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)” it doesn’t works , for the below playback devices. "Speakers (3- High Definition Audio Device)” and ...
Sound & Audio
Asus onboard audio no longer working since enabling front panel audio.
My audio rear outs used to work, but even so, i was primarily using hdmi out from my video card. I was also diagnosing BSODs at the time and sent my mobo back to asus for an rma. When it got back, I placed it in a different case and attached the font panel audio. Due to a new living...
Sound & Audio
Audio not working on win7 ultimate x64?
So I have had windows 7 for a while and I was using my computer when it got and I must have overloaded it and it gave me a blue screen. My audio doesn't work and when I got to the playback devices its empty I have the boxes checked off to show all the devices but it shows absolutely nothing. I...
Sound & Audio
Onboard audio not working and audio drivers won't install
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem using my motherboard’s onboard HD audio instead of my video card’s audio, so without further ado here is the situation; I have an Asus maximus iii gene motherboard which has a SupremeFX X-Fi built-in sound card (this is a very nice card provided you can...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App