Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7

01 Nov 2010   #21
Six9siX

7 Ultimate x64 sp1
 
 

Don't give up
Hope U didn't messing with registry
because I did (wanted What U hear) (fresh install)
And the result was no sound at all after many restarts & driver installation.
Did U turn off some of the services ?? maybe they are the problem.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2010   #22
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Hello,

Follow these steps :

1) Open Device Manager, locate your soundcard, right click it, choose Uninstall, check "Delete driver files" and click on OK. Reboot when prompted to do so.

2) Boot into Safe Mode:

For 32-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOIM32.EXE, APOMngr.dll, CmdRtr.dll.

For 64-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOMgr64.dll, CmdRtr64.dll.
Now open the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and delete APOIM64.EXE, APOMngr.dll and CmdRtr.dll.

Now delete the following registry trees:

For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM

For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM


Then Download this Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) -... - Creative Labs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #23
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

In addition to the above before trying to install the modded driver pack have a look in,

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

and see if there are any folders named P17.inf_amd64_neutral (if 64 bit Windows) or P17.inf_x86_neutral (if 32 bit Windows), with both being followed by a series or numbers and letters (looking at his specs Capt. Jack should be able to confirm the folder name). These folders are where Windows keeps enough info to re-install (or for supported hardware when detected, of which as far as I know no Creative card has a native Windows driver) to install the drivers for various devices.

If it is there (or more than one), delete it as well before trying the modded driver pack.

If that doesn't get the driver to install we can then try manually installing the driver.

P.S. Would help if you could fill in the rest of your system specs. Depending on what motherboard and chispet you have, it could also need proper chipset drivers installed first before the sound card driver will install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2010   #24
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

When downloading direct from Creative following a clean install of 7 I grab both the app download for the audio console as well as the device drivers being two different downloads and run them apart seeing a restart after prompted by the first being the driver set. When the audio console launcher goes on afterwards the configuration wizard is what will get the sound working.

Note that has been seen with the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, Audigy 4 Pro, and X-Fi XtremeGamer model cards. The 32bit 7 will even run the XP version of drivers as found recently when setting a temp install on an old clunker case while the main case was down. The web updater throughout each install saw the correct drivers downloaded and installed with only the last part being the selection of the playback hardware.

Another place besides simply opening up the Playback tab in the CP>Sound would be a look at the speaker properties to be sure nothing is disabled if you are no longer finding yellow marked items in the device manager. Yellow marks simply show the drivers never went on fully.


Attached Thumbnails
SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7-speaker-properties.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #25
redjeep

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello,

Follow these steps :

1) Open Device Manager, locate your soundcard, right click it, choose Uninstall, check "Delete driver files" and click on OK. Reboot when prompted to do so.

2) Boot into Safe Mode:

For 32-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOIM32.EXE, APOMngr.dll, CmdRtr.dll.

For 64-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOMgr64.dll, CmdRtr64.dll.
Now open the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and delete APOIM64.EXE, APOMngr.dll and CmdRtr.dll.

Now delete the following registry trees:

For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM

For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM


Then Download this Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) -... - Creative Labs
Capt, thanks for the help.
When I booted into save mode, it installed the sound card?
I uninstalled it again in the safe mode, then deleted the file APOIM32.EXE, but these 2 were not there APOMngr.dll, CmdRtr.dll and the 2 registry tree's were not there either?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #26
redjeep

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
In addition to the above before trying to install the modded driver pack have a look in,

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

and see if there are any folders named P17.inf_amd64_neutral (if 64 bit Windows) or P17.inf_x86_neutral (if 32 bit Windows), with both being followed by a series or numbers and letters (looking at his specs Capt. Jack should be able to confirm the folder name). These folders are where Windows keeps enough info to re-install (or for supported hardware when detected, of which as far as I know no Creative card has a native Windows driver) to install the drivers for various devices.

If it is there (or more than one), delete it as well before trying the modded driver pack.

If that doesn't get the driver to install we can then try manually installing the driver.

P.S. Would help if you could fill in the rest of your system specs. Depending on what motherboard and chispet you have, it could also need proper chipset drivers installed first before the sound card driver will install.
Hi, thanks for the help, I updated my system specs, let me know if I should put more in.
I found the file, but I cant believe I dont have the power to delete any files I want in my own system, but I think I managed to do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #27
redjeep

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by redjeep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Hello,

Follow these steps :

1) Open Device Manager, locate your soundcard, right click it, choose Uninstall, check "Delete driver files" and click on OK. Reboot when prompted to do so.

2) Boot into Safe Mode:

For 32-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOIM32.EXE, APOMngr.dll, CmdRtr.dll.

For 64-bit: Open the \Windows\System32 folder and delete APOMgr64.dll, CmdRtr64.dll.
Now open the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder and delete APOIM64.EXE, APOMngr.dll and CmdRtr.dll.

Now delete the following registry trees:

For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM

For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Software Installed\APOIM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Creative Tech\Installation\CTRedist\APOIM


Then Download this Re: SB P17X Series Support Pack 2.7 (04/01/2010) -... - Creative Labs
Capt, thanks for the help.
When I booted into save mode, it installed the sound card?
I uninstalled it again in the safe mode, then deleted the file APOIM32.EXE, but these 2 were not there APOMngr.dll, CmdRtr.dll and the 2 registry tree's were not there either?
After rebooting into normal mode I tried the file above, but no good results, same as before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #28
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Sorry about that, forgot to add this,

Take Ownership Shortcut

follow that and then go back to that folder, right click on it and then use the "TakeOwnership) shortcut then you will be able to delete the folder. That folder is why Windows automatically re-installed the driver.

And thanks for filling in the rest of your specs. The chipset should be OK with the default Windows drivers but it won't hurt to download and run this,

Intel® Driver Update Utility

and let it update what it wants before trying the sound card driver again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2010   #29
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

I have the same P17.sys card. It works fine. Daniel_k's support pack is what i use. Follow the what stromy13 suggests you should be able to get it up and running.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2010   #30
redjeep

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Capt and Stormy, I have been dealing with this for over a month now, what do you think about me getting rid of everything using revo and starting again. I have been installing all kinds of drivers and files.

The problem I keep running into is that on boot up, windows keeps installing the card, is there a way I can stop that, so I can install the file from Daniel K?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sound Blaster Audigy Rx Microphone Not Working
Hello!I am using the turtle beaches X12 headset. I have just recently installed the Sound Blaster Audigy Rx to my PCs motherboard. And stoped using Realtek Audio Manager and using the Creative SB drivers. After a week, the microphone stoped working(Sound still works) and said "Currently Unavalable"...
Sound & Audio
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit - SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum 5.1 Problems
Hello, i am running Windows 7 Ultimate N 32 Bit OS and i am trying to setup my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and i am having issues with my 5.1 Speaker System. The only speakers i can get to work are my Back Left, Back Right, and Front Left. The Front Right, Back Center, and Sub...
Sound & Audio
Audigy 2ZS => Microphone not working
Hello everyone, I recently installed Windows 7 RTM x64 Ultimate on my PC (previously installed with windowsXP, everything working fine). I updated my Audigy 2 ZS drivers with those ones found on the Creative site : Sound Blaster Audigy series driver 2.18.0011 After the installation the...
Sound & Audio
SB Audigy 2 ZS Not Working
The sound card worked fine under XP. Clean install to Win 7 and no audio. Device Manager shows the driver installed - no errors. Status says "this device is working properly". Installed the Win 7 64-bit driver. Driver date Sept. 23, 2009. Driver version 6.0.1.1371. Also tried beta driver and...
Sound & Audio
Audigy Stereo Mix gone after windows update....
aw man..... i saw this windows update for my SB audigy card, and installed it.... now my Stereo Mix / "What you hear" option is gone from the recording devices..... :( hope it's not RIAA pressuring Microsoft to disable the Stereo Mix again..... :(
Windows Updates & Activation
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS Not Working
Hello, I've installed Windows 7 on my desktop with dual boot to Vista. Everything's been working fine but I haven't been able to properly setup my sound-card to function properly. As of now, I currently have no sound and I've been through many different drivers from the Creative website. I've...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App