Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 4 Frisbees and Counting...

15 Dec 2010   #11
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 



I think you might get the idea?

Darn! Another coaster.

Well, I don't' know what's going on here...
This time, it barely got started and I got the 'write failed' message.
Maybe it's those discs, after all.

I've got a couple of CD-RW's laying around- guess I'll try them.

Thanks for all your help...

(Audacity looks like quite the program! Now, if only I can learn it.)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Dec 2010   #12
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

OK - I burned 14 songs to a CD-RW and it worked.

I guess it's the media- too bad....

Appreciate all the help!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2010   #13
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rap33042 View Post
OK - I burned 14 songs to a CD-RW and it worked.

I guess it's the media- too bad....

Appreciate all the help!

Ok, one other possibility... burning to a CDRW is done at a much slower speed... it it possible that the higher speed burning is emptying out the data buffer? That will immediately cause a bad burn. Do any of the burning programs burn at 8x, or less?


Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Dec 2010   #14
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Of the burns that failed, it sounded as though it was always at the same place. That would tend to make me suspicious of the audio file itself that was being copied at the time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #15
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rap33042 View Post
OK - I burned 14 songs to a CD-RW and it worked.

I guess it's the media- too bad....

Appreciate all the help!

Ok, one other possibility... burning to a CDRW is done at a much slower speed... it it possible that the higher speed burning is emptying out the data buffer? That will immediately cause a bad burn. Do any of the burning programs burn at 8x, or less?


Ap
None of the programs I'm using allow a burn below 16x for these discs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #16
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Of the burns that failed, it sounded as though it was always at the same place. That would tend to make me suspicious of the audio file itself that was being copied at the time.
I found one bad file and deleted it. (I did not include it in the last burn)

I was able to burn to a CD-RW successfully, but not to the CD-R's that I had just bought.

(I'm getting a lot of free(?) jewel cases, though)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #17
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rap33042 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Of the burns that failed, it sounded as though it was always at the same place. That would tend to make me suspicious of the audio file itself that was being copied at the time.
I found one bad file and deleted it. (I did not include it in the last burn)

I was able to burn to a CD-RW successfully, but not to the CD-R's that I had just bought.

(I'm getting a lot of free(?) jewel cases, though)
Do you know what speed the CD-RW recorded at?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #18
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

10x is what those particular CD-RW's top speed is; and that's what it recorded at.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #19
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rap33042 View Post
10x is what those particular CD-RW's top speed is; and that's what it recorded at.
Odd, I've never used a burning program that wouldn't let you record at any record speed the drive was capable of.

I use Sony CD Architect and also have Deep Burner, both give selections of all available drive speeds.

I think Roxio and Nero also show the slower speed. 8x is usually considered optimal for Audio disks.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2010   #20
rap33042

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

You're right- I've never seen that before either.
The first time was with these particular discs; 16x is the slowest it will let me burn.

FYI: Maxell CD-R 80min/700MB (I paid 9 bucks for a 10-pack at ProVantage; includes shipping and jewel cases)

Pretty cheap! Get what ya pay for, I guess...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 4 Frisbees and Counting...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows shutdown - 10 hours and counting - any resources
Hi, My initial problem, which began yesterday, is that Windows is hanging on the shutdown screen. 10 hours now and counting - I switched off when I went to bed, it's still switching off. I notice that there are a few threads and I will have a look through the threads on here, see what people...
Performance & Maintenance
IE9 at over 1 Million Downloads and Counting, ....
Source - IE9 at over 1 Million Downloads and Counting, Download Platform Preview 2 - Build 1.9.7.7.66.6000 - Softpedia
News
11th Blue Screen and Counting...
Hello, I am new to this forum but this afternoon I have been experiencing major issuues with my computer and I would appreciate if any among you who read these forum could lend me a hand fixing this........cause I am getting reboots every 20 minutes...formatting would be an option of course but...
BSOD Help and Support
18 BSOD's and counting. win7 x64.
Hey there, I keep getting BSOD's on my Machine. They vary from most being System service exceptions, to IRQL not less or equal, and a couple more that I cannot remember. My event log has recorded 18 thus far, but I've had more - before I installed Windows 7 x64 from XP-64bit. They are all...
BSOD Help and Support
7137 Upgrade 7 hours and counting
Hi There! I have a I7 920, with 12GB DDR3-1600 Memory, 2 x 300GB Raptors in a RAID 0, 1 x 300GB standalone and 640GB Standalone, and a ATI 4870x2 video card. I am upgrading using a DVD, and basically it's taken 7 hours before I aborted the upgrade (62% completed migrating folders and files). All...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App