HT Omega Striker 7.1 and Windows 7 Problem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 8,137
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #21

    I have the Striker 7.1 Win 7 drivers installed on my Win 7 64 bit system and no problems with regular Windows audio applications.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 38
    Windows 7 Pro x64
       #22

    I performed a clean install of Win7 Pro x64. I used the latest HT Omega drivers for Win7 ( s81740v.zip) and they cause my entire computer to lock up when listening to Dolby Digital through Digital(Optical) out. So no, they still don't work properly.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 x64
       #23

    kpoverdorf said:
    I performed a clean install of Win7 Pro x64. I used the latest HT Omega drivers for Win7 ( s81740v.zip) and they cause my entire computer to lock up when listening to Dolby Digital through Digital(Optical) out. So no, they still don't work properly.
    It's unfortunate that it's taking this long to get a legitimate fix. I haven't attempted to upgrade my drivers since the original post, mostly because Windows volume control still doesn't work on the surround speakers.

    I'm sending an email to HT Omega tonight to see if we can get an official response, but it sounds like the faulty driver component may be from a different company.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 38
    Windows 7 Pro x64
       #24

    dornif said:
    It's unfortunate that it's taking this long to get a legitimate fix. I haven't attempted to upgrade my drivers since the original post, mostly because Windows volume control still doesn't work on the surround speakers.

    I'm sending an email to HT Omega tonight to see if we can get an official response, but it sounds like the faulty driver component may be from a different company.
    I actually contacted the HT Omega Support and they resolved my issue. The new drivers work fine, I suggest you completely remove the old ones and use the new. What speakers are you using? I also deleted the hsmgr.exe before I installed the drivers. Are you trying to get sound to come from the rear speakers all the time? Some audio only supports stereo, like Mp3. You can use programs to mix them up (like xear3D or your speakers). Are you using optical out?

    Post your current configuration. Speaker type, connections used, xear3D settings, windows audio settings, what kind of audio your are testing with and the program outputting the audio.
    Last edited by Heinz Getwellvet; 03 Mar 2010 at 06:50.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 x64
       #25

    Heinz Getwellvet said:
    I actually contacted the HT Omega Support and they resolved my issue. The new drivers work fine, I suggest you completely remove the old ones and use the new. What speakers are you using? I also deleted the hsmgr.exe before I installed the drivers. Are you trying to get sound to come from the rear speakers all the time? Some audio only supports stereo, like Mp3. You can use programs to mix them up (like xear3D or your speakers). Are you using optical out?

    Post your current configuration. Speaker type, connections used, xear3D settings, windows audio settings, what kind of audio your are testing with and the program outputting the audio.
    I got the same reply, so hopefully it's working. I'll give it a try.

    For the speakers, I've had it happen with 3 sets and 3 cards. My setup is an HT Striker with Logitech z5500 speakers and the others were connected to receivers (can't remember the exact setup) via Digital X-Mystiques all using optical audio out. The problem is not that there is no sound on the surround channels, but that there is sound only on the surround channels when the system is muted. Surround channels are always full blast while the stereo channels operate as expected.

    I actually only buy HT sound cards because they have good SPDIF w/ surround support.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 38
    Windows 7 Pro x64
       #26

    dornif said:
    I got the same reply, so hopefully it's working. I'll give it a try.

    For the speakers, I've had it happen with 3 sets and 3 cards. My setup is an HT Striker with Logitech z5500 speakers and the others were connected to receivers (can't remember the exact setup) via Digital X-Mystiques all using optical audio out. The problem is not that there is no sound on the surround channels, but that there is sound only on the surround channels when the system is muted. Surround channels are always full blast while the stereo channels operate as expected.

    I actually only buy HT sound cards because they have good SPDIF w/ surround support.
    That is really odd. I also have HT Striker with z5500's and after I sorted out the drivers and software config they work flawlessly. Hope you can get it resolved. Don't forget to set the default on windows to SPEAKERS not digital and the Xear3D software to PCM.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 x64
       #27

    Heinz Getwellvet said:
    That is really odd. I also have HT Striker with z5500's and after I sorted out the drivers and software config they work flawlessly. Hope you can get it resolved. Don't forget to set the default on windows to SPEAKERS not digital and the Xear3D software to PCM.
    How do you have yours connected? I believe the problem is connecting it via SPDIF.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 38
    Windows 7 Pro x64
       #28

    dornif said:
    How do you have yours connected? I believe the problem is connecting it via SPDIF.
    I am connected via optical. Some sounds are delayed but that's to be expected since it isn't constantly streaming an audio signal. Other than that I have zero issues.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 7 x64
       #29

    Heinz Getwellvet said:
    dornif said:
    How do you have yours connected? I believe the problem is connecting it via SPDIF.
    I am connected via optical. Some sounds are delayed but that's to be expected since it isn't constantly streaming an audio signal. Other than that I have zero issues.
    I just noticed you mentioned PCM. I guess that's why you have no problems. It's a bit pointless to have a surround sound system using stereo input, is it not? In any case you certainly can't experience a 5.1 channel problem on a 2 channel setup, but I guess that's certainly one way to solve the issue.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 38
    Windows 7 Pro x64
       #30

    dornif said:
    I just noticed you mentioned PCM. I guess that's why you have no problems. It's a bit pointless to have a surround sound system using stereo input, is it not? In any case you certainly can't experience a 5.1 channel problem on a 2 channel setup, but I guess that's certainly one way to solve the issue.
    I beg to differ. That is how you are supposed to set it up. All the normal sounds your computer outputs are stereo anyway. As soon as you listen to a digital signal supporting surround sound (5.1, blu-ray) it over rides the stereo. The z5500 control center will say digital and you will have true surround.

    Plus, if you want your stereo sounds to come from all the speakers then you can set your z5500 effects for PLII music/movie or stereo x2. Pop in a Blu-Ray or another media with DD audio and try it out.

    I had it set up as DD and when I watched a Blu-Ray movie my computer would freeze because it was trying to output 2 DD streams. When I switched to PCM my computer stopped freezing yet still output a DD signal. Planet Earth sounds AMAZING.

    P.S. Check this link. It will show you how to make the z5500 Cntrl Cntr display the audio stream. You will see the majority of the audio is PCM.

    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=271062
    Last edited by Heinz Getwellvet; 06 Mar 2010 at 13:27. Reason: add link
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:37.
Find Us