Realtek, Windows 7 64RTM Crackle/static/popping

Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,685
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
       #321

    DarrylGittins said:
    You might want to read this thread. I don't think this is a driver problem.
    Music flickers/crackles in Windows Media Player when browsing the Internet
    I'd like to try mucking with IRQ settings but can't see a way to do this in Windows 7 - the check box is greyed out to alter settings.
    Disable the adaptor in device manager. Reboot. If the adaptor is disable it will not use the interrupt lines.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 22
    Windows 7 64bit RTM
    Thread Starter
       #322

    SethG911 said:
    In my previous post I blamed Realtek as the cause, when I should have said Windows 7 was the cause... and that the new drivers/switching of IRQs is the solution (for me at least). I believe the problem is caused by Windows 7's assignment and handling of IRQ's causing high DPC Latency, specifically in my case this IRQ conflict was happening with Realtek's NIC. While I agree with Bootis that this is a Windows 7 problem and not a Realtek specific issue, it so happens that switching to a NIC with the different IRQ than my audio card solved it for me; since the majority of on-board NICs are Realtek, I thought my advice about updating or reinstalling the NIC drivers might help some people out. I think the REAL cause is Microsoft not communicating with hardware developers properly. Sorry if I mislead anyone into thinking this was Realtek's fault, or an all-in-one solution.

    In response to Bootis: As I stated in my previous post it is not a sound card issue and I never blamed Realtek's Audio drivers, nor do I even use a Realtek sound card, which is why I don't understand you bringing up Creative. I think if you look back at my history in this thread since December, you'll see I have tried just about everything to fix this problem from complete formats to hardware swaps... also including researching this entire thread and many others. Sorry if my misplaced blame toward Realtek in my previous post made me seem ill-informed. :)

    My intent was not to misinform people, it was simply to share my findings on what I believe to be a Windows 7 IRQ issue. Again, if anyone knows how to switch IRQs manually in Windows 7 (settings in my bios do not affect it) I would really appreciate the advice. It would help if this problem occurs again with future hardware.
    FYI - this happens to people who don't have a Realtek NIC...
    So yeah, it's a pure Windows7/IRQ issue IMHO...
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 64
    Windows 7
       #323

    Frostmourne said:
    DarrylGittins said:
    You might want to read this thread. I don't think this is a driver problem.
    Music flickers/crackles in Windows Media Player when browsing the Internet
    I'd like to try mucking with IRQ settings but can't see a way to do this in Windows 7 - the check box is greyed out to alter settings.
    Disable the adaptor in device manager. Reboot. If the adaptor is disable it will not use the interrupt lines.

    I've already established that disabling the nic resolves the issue, but if you disable the NIC, you have no internet. Not sure how that helps. Maybe I misunderstand the suggestion?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,685
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
       #324

    DarrylGittins said:
    Frostmourne said:
    DarrylGittins said:
    You might want to read this thread. I don't think this is a driver problem.
    Music flickers/crackles in Windows Media Player when browsing the Internet
    I'd like to try mucking with IRQ settings but can't see a way to do this in Windows 7 - the check box is greyed out to alter settings.
    Disable the adaptor in device manager. Reboot. If the adaptor is disable it will not use the interrupt lines.

    I've already established that disabling the nic resolves the issue, but if you disable the NIC, you have no internet. Not sure how that helps. Maybe I misunderstand the suggestion?
    No, that's fine. The solution here would be to buy a plug in ethernet PCI card.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1
    windows7
       #325

    Hi guys,
    I have the same problem.The problem is that whenever an audio is played the sound is accompanied by buzzing,popping,crackle sounds,the music seems like has lag not all the time,but in a 20s range the sound is exactly like when inserting a jack,a fuss,like it's changing frequency,sometimes the bass is playing slowly for a verry short time.It seems nothing works from what i've tried i've changed a lot of codecs and drivers versions.The noise is increasing it's frequency when using the pc just a little bit more,everything but music works perfectly,memory isn't the problem.Please give me an advice guys
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 222
    Windows 7 x64
       #326

    Frostmourne said:

    No, that's fine. The solution here would be to buy a plug in ethernet PCI card.

    That's a good idea. Has anyone tried ethernet PCI card? I bet it uses a different IRQ.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 64
    Windows 7
       #327

    I've tried about 6 ethernet PCI cards, and 2 different USB nics, and they all do the same thing in varying degrees. Some are worse than others, and the best one, (PCI-based Realtek RTL819/810x) works for a whole day before it starts spiking the DPC Latency and causing noise. Other nics spike DPC Latency right away. So with my current configuration, (with the Realtek nic) I can run for a whole DAY without audio crackles! WOO-HOO!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2
    windows 7 home premium 64bit
       #328

    I have acer 5739g, win7 home premium 64bit with the same proble, after about 6h the sound starts cracking and the CPU is about 8000, max CPU was about 22k. I don't have the Gigabyte, so I can't uninstall the easy tune, what should I do? And I've tried everything.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 64
    Windows 7
       #329

    Apparantly, the only thing we can do is reboot every few hours. Or maybe install Windows XP:
    Music flickers/crackles in Windows Media Player when browsing the Internet
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 64
    Windows 7 64
       #330

    Well my computer has just been shipped back from the Acer repair center again (third or fourth time) and should be back home with me by Tuesday or Wednesday. Experience tells me they probably didn't actually do anything. The next money wasting thing I"m going to try is get a copy of Vista 64. Is that even being sold anymore? It seems as though the stores are only selling W7 and the only place you can find that is from untrusted ebay sellers.
      My Computer


 
Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Find Us