Realtek, Windows 7 64RTM Crackle/static/popping

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3
    Win7 64b, Kubuntu, Vista 32b, XP
       #451

    I only have this problem with the front audio jack. Similar to this guy here:
    Realtek, Windows 7 64RTM Crackle/static/popping

    I only recently installed Windows 7 and I never had the problem with Ubuntu. It's the only real problem I have left with win7. It'd be nice to have the front jack working properly so I can have my speakers plugged into the rear instead of having to swap them out all the time.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 20
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #452

    I can plug them into any jack then spec what I want that jack to do, can't you do that? Or is it you can only do it in one o/s but not both?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,747
    window's 7
       #453

    jarvis307 said:
    I only have this problem with the front audio jack. Similar to this guy here:
    Realtek, Windows 7 64RTM Crackle/static/popping

    I only recently installed Windows 7 and I never had the problem with Ubuntu. It's the only real problem I have left with win7. It'd be nice to have the front jack working properly so I can have my speakers plugged into the rear instead of having to swap them out all the time.
    play some music>wear your headphone,or speakers>plug it to the front jack.

    Now go to realtek control panel.settings and disable front jack detection
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3
    Win7 64b, Kubuntu, Vista 32b, XP
       #454

    kucing13 said:
    play some music>wear your headphone,or speakers>plug it to the front jack.

    Now go to realtek control panel.settings and disable front jack detection
    thank you both for your suggestions.

    @optical: i haven't tried reassigning the ports. i could definitely give that a shot. sorry for the confusion. i don't actually boot all those OSes on my machine but i have a lot of machines with different OSes installed. i did boot up w/ a live ubuntu disk just to make sure it wasn't a hardware problem.

    @kucing13: i've tried disabling front jack detection. here's a list of other things i've tried:

    * installing driver versions 2.03, 2.21, 2.22. i tried installing 2.21 and 2.22 in vista compatibility mode.
    * turning off the cool and quiet setting in the BIOS.

    the one suggestion i haven't tried is reducing my memory to < 4 GB. not sure how that is related but i might as well give that a shot too.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 67
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86
       #455

    popping sound


    (1) do you have a gigabyte motherboard??
    (2) do you have Easytune 6 installed from the motherboard disk??

    I have a gigabyte board and also had easytine 6 installed and also had the popping sound. I tried just about everything, including buying a new sound card.
    BUT.............
    I found, in easytune, under the HW monitor tab, changing 1 little setting stopped all the popping sounds?????
    at the top in HW monitor it says, Scan time with a slider at the right hand side, I think by default it is set to 3 seconds. I slid it down to off and saved the setting.....
    Low and behold, no more popping sounds.............
    From what I can see, every time it checks the settings (every 3 secs or so), it interfears with the sound, and hence the popping sounds.
    Since changing this I have had perfic sound.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3
    Win7 64b, Kubuntu, Vista 32b, XP
       #456

    penfold007 said:
    (1) do you have a gigabyte motherboard??
    (2) do you have Easytune 6 installed from the motherboard disk??

    I have a gigabyte board and also had easytine 6 installed and also had the popping sound. I tried just about everything, including buying a new sound card.
    BUT.............
    I found, in easytune, under the HW monitor tab, changing 1 little setting stopped all the popping sounds?????
    at the top in HW monitor it says, Scan time with a slider at the right hand side, I think by default it is set to 3 seconds. I slid it down to off and saved the setting.....
    Low and behold, no more popping sounds.............
    From what I can see, every time it checks the settings (every 3 secs or so), it interfears with the sound, and hence the popping sounds.
    Since changing this I have had perfic sound.
    (1) yea. i have the GA-790XTA-UD4 mobo
    (2) i don't have EasyTune 6 installed as far as i know. i never popped in the mobo cd. i just downloaded the latest drivers from gigabyte. i think i installed the usb3 drivers, the chipset drivers, the realtek drivers, and something for the SATA/RAID device.

    i'll go ahead and install easytune anyways just to mess around with the setting. thanks for the suggestion. :)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1
    Windows 7 x86 Ultimate
       #457

    For Acer laptops


    The solution that worked for me is:
    1. download the driver from acer website, because it recognizes the small bass speaker
    2. install it
    3. Download the latest drivers from relatek
    4. UPDATE using the device manager the drivers for realtek. DO NOT use the setup program. It will still recognize after restart the bass speaker. And the dolby settings.
    5. enjoy the perfect sound !
    I'm from romania, sorry for my bad english.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1
    Windows 7 Home Premium
       #458

    Hello, I thought I'd share how I solved the problem on my laptop. It's a Fujitsu Amilo Pi 3560 with an integrated Realtek HD Audio card. It was pretty easy actually - I uptated my video card's (GeForce GT 240M) drivers and the popping was gone. I think it updated some DirectX audio codecs and that solved it.
    Well anyway, hope that helps someone.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 2
    windows 7 x64
       #459

    SOLVED

    On a gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H I disabled all my 'unlocked' cores. Ridiculously, I had tried this yesterday to no avail. But, for some reason or another, it decided to work today. I have no idea why.

    My suggestion is to disable your unlocked cores and reboot several times as well as verify that they have been disabled with 3rd party software.

    This had nothing to do with Realtek HD and everything to do with my unlocked core. I know when you're on the other side of it not working, you want to blame it all on realtek. That's what I did. But, now that i'm on the 'solved' side, I understand why my audio was *ucked and what the exact source was.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,427
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #460

    Hi Solved Welcome to the Forums :) Thanks for sharing your fix.
      My Computer


 
Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.
Find Us